Jake Robinson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:Well, there you go, this just about sums up TUFC at present.

What a crock of sh*t. What the hell do the staff at Plainmoor do all day? Feck it, let me do it, I'll do it for nothing, I'll bloody talk to the players and see if we can't get them to come here. There is no way that everyone else in L2 pays so much more than we do that we simply cannot entice anyone down here.

How bloody hard is it to call him up, tell him to be at the ground for 1100 last Thursday, with his negotiating cap on and a pen in his pocket. He sits down with the chairman and a negotiator and they thrash out a deal. If they can't agree terms, then let him leave. Don't just fecking ignore the poor bastard. Like him or not, he scored a bunch of goals for us last year, and he played pretty well most of the time. We're Torquay, we're not going to get anyone any better than Robinson to come down here.

This started as a bad joke, but is now getting worse and worse. It's coming to something when he would rather go to a club which didn't win in 3714 attempts last year, scored one goal and finished virtually bottom, than stay with the team which lost in the playoff final to the team who WILL finish bottom of L1 next year.

Matt.
Got to disagree here, Matt. I can see why the frustrations there, but as Fonda says, there won't be any incomings until the new manager is here.

What would be the point in SB building a squad now for the new man to come in a week later, realise that these are the sort of players he doesn't use and so it becomes a flop and a waste of money.

The new guy will want his own players. I'd imagine (hope) that the new manager would be able to start right away contacting potential signings to fill the gaping holes left in the squad right now.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I don't see it as a risk, simply because I don't think we will get anybody better than Jake to come here. He knows the place, he likes it here, oh yeah, and he happens to be a fine footballer. He can't not be a managers 'type' of player unless that manager doesn't like pacy, tricky, skillful wingers with an eye for goal and a decent touch.
No, he's no Lionel Messi, but if a manager can't work with Jake Robinson, then he isn't much of a manager.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Why not? Jake Robinson has shown he has some attitude problems.

He is a good player, but replaceable.

Personally I'm glad we're looking elsewhere.
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

stanley and robinson,whats the fuss all about,like nick said in previous post,look elsewhere,whoever comes in as gaffer will bring his own style and players,i just cannot see the fuss about loan players,they did a job for us guys,dosent matter how good or bad they are,they are not at our beloved club,we can moan and whinge all day and night bout it move on
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

Robinson?

Lets be honest here.....he saved his best games for Shrewsbury (to prove a point?) - he was decent enough but definitely not irreplacable

....don't forget he was released by Brighton after early promise faded badly and then by Shrewsbury for the exact same reason.

Stanley is a much bigger loss.
....aka jmgull.
INGJWETRUST
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by INGJWETRUST »

forevertufc wrote:Can i just say something here,fans of other clubs are welcome on this site and always have been,and despite how others have reacted i have enjoyed having these gasheads around,and do enjoy bantering with fans of all clubs.
My message to the Gasheads and cobbler above,please do remember that this is the main board on the Torquay united fans forum.

Of course, please accept my apologies fella.
Looking fwd to coming to Plainmoor and the Imperial for a few nights... :-D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

eastyorksgull wrote:stanley and robinson,whats the fuss all about,like nick said in previous post,look elsewhere,whoever comes in as gaffer will bring his own style and players,i just cannot see the fuss about loan players,they did a job for us guys,dosent matter how good or bad they are,they are not at our beloved club,we can moan and whinge all day and night bout it move on
Do you not understand the point of this (or any other) forum?

Regards Robinson and his attitude problems, I'm beginning to wonder if TUFC will ever be associated with a player who doesn't, allegedly, suffer this terrible affliction.
I'm beginning to wonder, you know, of it might not have been someone else within the club who caused all these clashes of personality, it they ever did exist...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

INGJWETRUST wrote:
Of course, please accept my apologies fella.
Looking fwd to coming to Plainmoor and the Imperial for a few nights... :-D
No problems,did not want to see you guys get roundly turned on for bantering on our board :~D
Formerly known as forevertufc