Players Under Contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Retained list released. A lot of the dead wood have been shown the door, only Wyatt may of had a chance of staying. The rest were just costing us money.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Ryan Law Released by Argyle. Struggled at Gillingham and then Yeovil this year. Would be happy to see him replace Wyatt, moving Moxey to centre back.
The gulls are going up
numbersderkgull
Trialist
Trialist
Watches from: Pop side

Post by numbersderkgull »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65510044

Jack Sparkes released by Exeter, might be too much of a drop down, wished he had more games with us last season.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Hardly likely to drop down to our level
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

More chance of getting Law - having been loaned to Yeovil last season - than Sparkes, who I suspect has been offered a thoroughly decent contract in League 1, Championship or maybe Scotland
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

happytorq wrote: 07 May 2023, 00:19 More chance of getting Law - having been loaned to Yeovil last season - than Sparkes, who I suspect has been offered a thoroughly decent contract in League 1, Championship or maybe Scotland
Not quite according to my agent contact.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 07 May 2023, 01:21 Not quite according to my agent contact.....

Yes, I love it when people claiming to be "ITK" make vague allusions to information they've got from various contacts but don't actually say anything of value
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

happytorq wrote: 07 May 2023, 15:44 Yes, I love it when people claiming to be "ITK" make vague allusions to information they've got from various contacts but don't actually say anything of value
Other than the 'in the know' part you've perfectly described this entire forum
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

happytorq wrote: 07 May 2023, 15:44 Yes, I love it when people claiming to be "ITK" make vague allusions to information they've got from various contacts but don't actually say anything of value
FYI, I know quite a few players agents as I actually worked for one.
I also assisted a young player - who I know personally - in obtaining his first pro contract.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I dont know any agents but a player who has played 150 games some in league 1 and a player who played 17 games in league 2 last year are not going to be coming here.

Wake up and smell the coffee and recognise the level that Johnson has landed us in.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 08 May 2023, 12:13 FYI, I know quite a few players agents as I actually worked for one.
I also assisted a young player - who I know personally - in obtaining his first pro contract.
That could well be true. I have no reason to disbelieve you.

It just doesn't mean very much when you don't actually share the information you claim to have. You allude to knowing where Sparkes will end up, but don't offer anything more. So nobody is any the wiser. You may have been told that information in confidence, in which case why even bring it up in the first place?

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

happytorq wrote: 08 May 2023, 14:40 That could well be true. I have no reason to disbelieve you.

It just doesn't mean very much when you don't actually share the information you claim to have. You allude to knowing where Sparkes will end up, but don't offer anything more. So nobody is any the wiser. You may have been told that information in confidence, in which case why even bring it up in the first place?
Fine.
Next time I won't bother.

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

In all fairness though. your message doesnt make it clear whether you think Law (or Sparkes) or neither of them might be coming here so why dont you just say who it is.

I heard that 4 players were leaving and posted it on here - I was right, but dont claim any inside info I just posted what I heard -its just a message board so people are interested who might be signing - if it doesnt turn out to be correct then it doesnt really matter.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

brucie wrote: 08 May 2023, 20:21 In all fairness though. your message doesnt make it clear whether you think Law (or Sparkes) or neither of them might be coming here so why dont you just say who it is.

I heard that 4 players were leaving and posted it on here - I was right, but dont claim any inside info I just posted what I heard -its just a message board so people are interested who might be signing - if it doesnt turn out to be correct then it doesnt really matter.
Well brucie, I suppose you could say that my post was the same as yours then....
I'd heard that and I wasnt in a position to say if they were coming here or not just the fact- like you have stated - that it was what I'd "heard" as well.
I just thought I'd share the info.
Like I said earlier, next time I won't bother.

TUST Member 468

Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 08 May 2023, 21:03 Well brucie, I suppose you could say that my post was the same as yours then....
I'd heard that and I wasnt in a position to say if they were coming here or not just the fact- like you have stated - that it was what I'd "heard" as well.
I just thought I'd share the info.
Like I said earlier, next time I won't bother.
Boring….just say it or move on. Getting tedious.