Osborne Sells Up..... To Masters?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

nickbrod wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 13:55 This seems to tally with the comments I've been posting recently, some of which have been shot down in flames. From that statement it's pretty clear Gary Owers will be the manager next season no matter which league we're in. Let's see the squad HE puts together and then judge him.
Disagree totally.

So just say i have a job interview for B&Q in Exeter as manager and I manage to convince them I can manage a team of different people with different skills to be more successful.

I don't go in and sack all the previous staff and get my own in asap. I manage with what i have straight away, gradually improve and then gradually add to the staff.

Effectively holding the belief nickbrod does it's saying that Torquay may as well have employed Harry Hill as manager until the end of the season because he's in no way accountable.

Owers was accountable from the day he walked into the Plainmoor hotseat.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Is he a MANAGER or not?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

a lovely statement from Mr Osborne.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43413641

interesting that he now says that he's " a football fan" after saying previously he wasn't...

and of course still talking of "background work for major redevelopment of a new stadium"......

he forgot to add that it's supposed to be ready in 2020........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 14:50 a lovely statement from Mr Osborne.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43413641

interesting that he now says that he's " a football fan" after saying previously he wasn't...

and of course still talking of "background work for major redevelopment of a new stadium"......

he forgot to add that it's supposed to be ready in 2020........
And in his defence I don't recall Mr Osborne say he wasn't a football fan either, what I do remember him saying was that he " doesn't know much about football " a big difference in statements there.
There are plenty of posters on this forum who support TUFC but obviously by reading their posts & ideas, know very little about football either.
And before any one says anything to the contrary, yes I will include myself in the latter category to save any derogatory comments flying my way .
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Staying full time has to be welcome news though surely doesn't it.

I think that more or less cements what we already know - and that Sir Gareth of Owers will be at the helm next year.

Will he do any better? - who knows but lets hope he has jetwashed most of the shitpile that was harvested by our previous manager. That might give him a better chance.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Teigngull wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 15:01 And in his defence I don't recall Mr Osborne say he wasn't a football fan either, what I do remember him saying was that he " doesn't know much about football " a big difference in statements there.
There are plenty of posters on this forum who support TUFC but obviously by reading their posts & ideas, know very little about football either.
And before any one says anything to the contrary, yes I will include myself in the latter category to save any derogatory comments flying my way .
fair enough.....

however the stadium bit..... do you trust him with that?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Yorkieandy wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 14:36 Is he a MANAGER or not?
Official title is Head Coach.
PS Harry Hill would certainly cause an outbreak of fun, nothing like a good laugh to make you feel better!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Harry Hill could manage this team to be in the position they are I'm the league currently. I'm 100% sure of it.

I'll put it on record here and now. The club will be relegated again next season due to Owers staying.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I can vouch for Merse and confirm we spoke so no blame can be attached to him whatsoever. If Osborne is still here at the end the season I'll concede I was misinformed but until then I'm standing by my source or sauce if it pleases.

I'm still not falling for the waffle generated by Osborne, neither should anyone else.

Apologies for not responding earlier but I've been more concerned with the health of my father who was rushed into hospital yesterday while I was trying to finish the preparations for his surprise 80th birthday celebration.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

best wishes to your father Dave. Well done for stirring up a hornet's nest at worst, Mr Osborne positively galloped to deny 'your' insinuations!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Hope your dad is ok Dave.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Best wishes for your dad Dave
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 15:07 fair enough.....

however the stadium bit..... do you trust him with that?
I don't trust nor distrust him on the stadium bit, I'm very skeptical about one being built as he has yet to deliver a FIT FOR PURPOSE stadium anywhere he's promised to build one.
I know what everybody else knows , he promises one thing & fails to deliver these promises, history backs this fact up.
Also on the other hand if it wasn't for a certain CO where would we be today ? Down & out & just a memory I suspect.
As Merse has stated elsewhere, we may be shite on the pitch most of the time but off the pitch despite having an orangutang masquerading as a General Manager all financial responsibilities are being met, I grant you the rug could soon be pulled from under our feet if & when CO's had enough or can't get what he wants , it until then we are no Chester, Dagenham, Hartlepool or Macclesfield etc are we.
We can only go on responses from CO & he's categorically assured us he has nothing but good intentions for TUFC & we'll have a budget to match our promotional ambitions next season if & when we to down.
The sound bites coming from CO are good enough for me, he gets castigated when he stays quiet & ridiculed when he makes noises.
We can't have it both ways guys , we are a stable club financially with little or no chance of anybody of any significance walking away any time soon, unless he's getting his investment back ?

Back to your point about the stadium, we've got one that's FIT FOR PURPOSE up til EFL 1 standard all ready so I'm not worried one iota, if he builds one , then fair enough, he's also said we'll be at Plainmoor until the new stadium is built & ready to be inhabited by TORQUAY UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB.
So am I concerned about the building of a pie in the sky stadium ? Nope, not at all, as I've said we've all ready got one & TUFC are the legal Tennant's not CO or GI or RSI , so there's no problem that I can see.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Southampton Gull wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 17:38I can vouch for Merse and confirm we spoke so no blame can be attached to him whatsoever. If Osborne is still here at the end the season I'll concede I was misinformed but until then I'm standing by my source or sauce if it pleases.
I'm not trying to get off any hook here; I was merely setting the record straight as to who is alleged to have said what and who did say what. It's not rocket science to track back and read it for yourself nor does it take a genius to realise that (as usual) an awful lof of people have not taken the trouble to read either this forum or BTPIR properly before spouting off on twitter......or even read them at all merely repeated what they have read elsewhere.

Was it 'all over facebook that the club had been sold'? I wouldn't know I don't (and won't) participate in it.

The predictable sniffy reaction from Dave Thomas on the Herald Express podcast today and the usual omission to actually name 'these forums' is also predictable; but let's not have this preposterous rubbish that Dave Floyd was in anyway out of order in his opening post on this thread which began (if I may remind you all) 'Osborne Sells Up..... To Masters?
I have it on reliable authority from a good source that the deal is done or almost done. If that's the case then I think we can all breathe a huge sigh of relief because it would mean he's not got his wish and got his dirty hands on the freehold. I have no information on who the buyer is as yet but I do trust this source so make of it what you will.'

Has he said ~ as twitter/facebook was supposed to be awash with ~ that Osborne had sold up? No he put a question mark after it which even to an idiot, does suggest he is asking a question.

Now on BTPIR I began with:
Has Osborne really sold up? ~ note; another question mark; not a claim that he had and going on to say:
It's being claimed with authority from a good source that the deal is done or almost done......

Dave's piece on here is timed at 15.31 and mine on BTPIR followed that AFTER I had spoken directly to Dave myself.

Dave Thomas is right in that somebody is blowing a whistle and they are almost certainly blowing it with a vested interest whilst failing to have the courage to front up and identify themselves. It has always been that way and more than likely always will be.

As I always say; we are the messenger, NOT the message!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Hope your dad makes a speedy recovery.

It doesn't matter whether Dave was right or wrong about the purported sell. He obviously thought he was right so posted it on the message board which is fair enough.

In all fairness to Mr Osborne he did say back along that we would be trying for promotion if we went down and seems to have backed it up by what he has said today which is probably about the most we could have hoped for at the moment.

I must say that the image of him sat in his lounge launching his radio at the wall, batteries and plastic backing going in all directions as radio devon report us going a goal behind is a distinctly odd one.