Harrogate v Torquay United 7/12/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Tommy17
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tommy17 »

I don't think Reiedy28 is anyones friend.
The boy dose not seem to like our manager or many of our players, especially Cameron do you think he may be envious of his beard.?????
Reidy28
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Reidy28 »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 20:13 Reidy28, You my friend are very toxic.
You call this toxic? I’m just being genuinely truthful. Gary Johnson is losing it. I give him till January to turn this around.
Our injuries should mean a plan b, all he’s done is switch from a back 3 then back to a back 4. Every other game. He don’t know how to fix it.

I am seriously waiting till we get a result against Aldershot and he come out and say “we’ve turned a corner” it is a shit cup, no one cares about.
Look at the bigger picture for once! Are we really going to beat Chesterfield at home? Don’t come back and say”there form is worse than ours” this month we lost to teams worse than Chesterfield. Yeovil? Lets just say they’re going to absolutely destroy us, Woking we’ll we don’t beat them up either.

Our team are no longer playing for the manager, his tactics are confusing!

Please **** tell me how the **** Cundy started yesterday? Come on....
Reidy28
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Reidy28 »

Tommy17 wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 20:49 I don't think Reiedy28 is anyones friend.
The boy dose not seem to like our manager or many of our players, especially Cameron do you think he may be envious of his beard.?????
I like our manager, I’m grateful for the stuff he’s done, I just don’t think he knows how to solve this all. Losing 6 on the bounce with terrible performances against the bottom 6-7 (not including Harrogate) it’s worrying. Gary has ran out of excuses. So he blames the ball boys. Next he’ll be blaming the fans. His decisions have been questionable
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Sounds like you are enjoying all this Reidy. Try to get a life.
Reidy28
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Reidy28 »

Dazza wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 20:57 Sounds like you are enjoying all this Reidy. Try to get a life.
Enjoying watching us lose? 🤨
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

If only he knew how to utilise injured players. Some people on here need to go watch their 'big club' play and learn that injury lists like ours affect every club not just ours. Criticism of him at the moment is totally unjustified.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Reidy28
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Reidy28 »

Our fans seem to think he’s immune from hate, I am truly sick of it. He’s not! If he don’t win at all this month in the league, fans will still back him.

IF WE HAVE NOT WON A LEAGUE GAME BY JANAURY 2nd I shall be calling for him to be sacked. Each to their own. We’re in relegation form and currently rock bottom in the form table.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Before the side was depleted with injuries we were just 2 points from top spot. You reckon in those 6 games he's become a bad manager?

Brucie has a great word for people with your short sighted, Premiership inspired, impatient view. He's the best shot we're likely to have of regaining our league status and if he's backed by Uncle Clarke he'll succeed.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

Where did the village idiot crazy28 come from?

Gary Johnson is one of the best Managers in this league and the one above. Let the man get on with it. I doubt there is anyone feeling it more than him right now. He will be drawing on all his expwerience to turn this around. I honestly don't think it needs much. We were flying before the injuries and just need the balance of the team to return and get some luck. No doubt there will be a few personnel changes coming with loans ending and new players coming in. I would like to see a Branston type out on the pitch if possible. Our Midfield is loaded with talent but lacks some steel, so maybe a Wes or Chris Hargreaves character? Other than that i trust GJ to get this right.

I never expected a season like the last one. I hoped for a flirt with the playoffs and maybe a late run to give us a wild card chance late season. Looks like that's exactly what we're getting. So, no panic here. 100% behind our manager and team.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Whilst I think Reidy28 is going way over the top and I agree that much of the criticism against GJ is wrong I find it difficult not to criticise him a little.
Why does he keep swapping the goalies? What does Cundy have to do to get dropped? What does he keep trying 3-5-2 when it never works? What has Keating done? I don't want to have a go at GJ but I am genuinely interested to know his thinking behind some of his decision making.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Reidy28, not sure who you are but you obviously do not watch Torquay every week . You are someone in disguise brought out to wind everyone up. Some of the quality in games early season were better than I have seen for years at Torquay Reid is not disinterested its just the way he plays, but when he gets a ball he likes ,you watch him switch on, he is not fit regardless of what the management are saying. This league should not have surprised Johnson but I think it has, he has on post match several times said that it was men against boys, well he signed the boys. January will be an interesting time, if he goes for more 19 year olds then I do fear for the season.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Phil - "Why does he keep swapping the goalies? What does Cundy have to do to get dropped? What does he keep trying 3-5-2 when it never works? What has Keating done?" Agreed

Reidy28 - "Our fans seem to think he’s immune from hate". Well I hope GJ is IMMUNE from that and if you think there's any place for 'hate' in such a discussion you need to go away.

If you HATE GJ you need to look at yourself . . . .
Reidy28
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Reidy28 »

I do not hate Gary. Get your facts right! I go to every game, the bloke looks absolutely lost. He has plan A & plan b. Plan A is a back 4, Plan B is a back 3.

I hope he turns it round but I do not see us winning a LEAGUE game this month.
Reidy28
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Reidy28 »

Swatcat wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 11:49 Phil - "Why does he keep swapping the goalies? What does Cundy have to do to get dropped? What does he keep trying 3-5-2 when it never works? What has Keating done?" Agreed

Reidy28 - "Our fans seem to think he’s immune from hate". Well I hope GJ is IMMUNE from that and if you think there's any place for 'hate' in such a discussion you need to go away.

If you HATE GJ you need to look at yourself . . . .
Hate was the wrong work, “stick was the word”
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights up

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest