Torquay United v Hampton & Richmond 25/08/2018

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 18:15 Just home. To anybody lucky enough to have missed this farce, be in no doubt that we were pitiful, dreadful, disorganised, unable to even pass accurately, demoralised, second best and basically completely and utterly shite. Keating put in a decent shift for the second half and that is it. We were woeful, can’t even defend corners. If I were Owers I would be too ashamed to show my face in front of the fans again.

I left the ground more angry than I have ever been, and I have been furious many times over the years. What do these players do all week under Owers, spend the day at the bookies? Shapeless, inept and clueless. Hampton made us look like a poor amateur team’s reserve side.

Go today Owers, if you had any shame you would hand in your resignation now. I can only assume that this shit show is part of the grand plan. If Torquay United was an animal it would be put to sleep this evening.

I can stress how f’ing angry I am, I am bloody furious. Decent fans who have been pissed on by the shameful twats who manage this excuse for a team.

It is shameful how decent supporters like yourself are being slowly strangled by Owers and Osborne who don't deserve to be around any football team
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I am bewildered and cannot believe what I have paid for this afternoon.

It was obvious that everything was going long because of the players lacking confidence to have the ball at the back because of the changes due to the injuries. The team was lacking width and Reid and Banton were shall I say off form to be polite.

The substitution of Williams proved that there was no service as Wright was no better I thought width was needed early as time was passing by. Keating was lively when he came on but I must agree after being supportive of Owers I am beginning to change my mind.

It's time to get back to basics do the simple things right and build the side properly this is a shambles.

Start with 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 and work on it. Yes we need the right players.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

gateman49 wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 17:20 He was one of few players who actually put in a shift today.
Agree with that. Reid put a shift in as did Cameron and Davis.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just back from Plainmoor.

If you were not there today you will not be able to imagine just how bad we were. Shambolic and poor in everything we did from beginning to end.

I never leave early but I was so very angry that I leaned over into the dug out and told the bench, which by then included Brett Williams and Ryan Dickson , what a terrible performance I had witnessed and what on earth did they do in training. They looked like rabbits in the headlights did not say a word but honestly they looked ashamed.

Make no mistake this is a new low and Owers has to go.If he stays I will not be going next Saturday and gates will drop to 1200 and then 1,000 .

Never felt so sad as I do tonight.Owner knows nothing about football, Manager out of his depth and players arguing on the pitch.

What can we do???
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 18:06 doesn't sound like we're even that good...... :-/
I was trying to remain optimistic!!!
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

I came to the match having seen us against Bath thinking surely it can’t be that bad again. Especially after the Slough performance.
Well let me tell you that it was the worst pile of shite I have ever seen at Plainmoor . And I’ve seen some shite there over the years .
But the one thing struck me more than ever come the final whistle was the speed at which Owers **** off down the tunnel.
Correct me if I’m wrong but our previous manager came over win or lose. Owers you are a spineless **** and if you avoid the chop and dare to clap the fans if we win in the next couple of games I hope he gets given short shrift.
Keating deserves a mention as he was the first player to come over and seemed genuinely concerned with our feelings.
We are however doomed and I’m not going again until Owers goes.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

arcadia wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 18:33 I am bewildered and cannot believe what I have paid for this afternoon...after being supportive of Owers I am beginning to change my mind... this is a shambles.
Your support for the manager is honourable and there is no shame 'when the penny drops'. Owers rhetoric of 'I've got what it takes' has even convinced Osborne to promote him to club manager in the new structure. Now he is in charge of all football matters - now that is a shambles!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

There'll be a Snowflake on here soon complaining about the bullying.

:nod: :rofl: :lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky cave

Post by Bridportgull »

Listen to Owers interview after the game he hasn’t a clue !!!!!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Bridportgull wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 19:00 Listen to Owers interview after the game he hasn’t a clue !!!!!
Kind of the main reason why Ozzy hired him.

Any link to the interview anyone please or tell me where i can find it. Cheers. :-D
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

It's the Owers / Taylor management team taking up where they left off at FGR exactly 11 years to the day come Monday.
Busterjames
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Busterjames »

I can’t pretend I have any more optimism for my Club anymore.
We have fallen into a dark dark place and I really see no way out under current circumstances >:(
When I think back just the last 5 years how many great players and staff we have lost alongside youth players this Club has taken blow after blow and is unrecognisable from what I remember.
G O out and take your joke staff and lazy players with you. :Z
Teams do well at this level with bonus clauses in all Football contracts.., play well, get paid well! :clap:
TUFC__12
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Connor Evans

Post by TUFC__12 »

Bridportgull wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 19:00 Listen to Owers interview after the game he hasn’t a clue !!!!!
Just listened what a pile of crap
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 18:49 I’m not going again until Owers goes.
:clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Just found the interview. It comes across like he's just not interested or bothered in what he's saying. There's no passion and fire there. He's a walking corpse seemingly content to carry on regardless unfortunately.

Was the interviewer Tony Hayers? I didn't know he wore glasses. :}