Who stays? Who goes?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I think we all knew this on Saturday evening but thanks for reminding us!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 07:39 Not sure why the club hasn't made an official announcement yet ... but actually Gareth Law has not had his contract renewed and has left the club.
Probably because the clearing out of anybody who actually has any affinity for the club is better done under the radar......
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

At this precise moment in time, Jamie Reid is the only player on the books for next season. Talk about starting at the bottom and working your way up! 😉
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

kevgull wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 13:18 At this precise moment in time, Jamie Reid is the only player on the books for next season. Talk about starting at the bottom and working your way up! 😉
Not true

Clarke, Gowling and Pittman also have contracts for next season and they will be a pig to get off the wage bill without a payoff. Clearly these signings have not made the standard needed but in fairness to Gowling we were always far better defensively with him in the team. It was just a shame he was not fit enough to play considerably more games.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Re: kevgull's comment, great piece today in The Times footie section by Gregor Robertson about Macclesfield Town and their success this season - they too only started the pre-season with one player (not transfer listed!) on their books, and with 'only' £350,000 as their player budget for 2017/18. Look what they achieved - NL champions! It can be done with the right kind of leadership and team spirit, and this is after their players nearly didn't get paid in January. One of their star players this season has been Tyrone Marsh- remember him? - of whom Nicho said 'He's got a lot to learn'. Well obviously he has done his learning - good luck to the lad in League 2.
Paignton boy

Post by Paignton boy »

Anybody any idea of when the guys who have been offered contracts have to reply by.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

CP Gull wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 07:39 Not sure why the club hasn't made an official announcement yet ... but actually Gareth Law has not had his contract renewed and has left the club.
He needed time off to complete his degree so Owers told Harrop to sack him...............
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Paignton boy wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 16:30 Anybody any idea of when the guys who have been offered contracts have to reply by.
I believe that the players must notify the Club within 28 days of whether or not the offer of reengagement
is accepted. If the offer is rejected the players are immediately free to negotiate with another Club
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 16:46 He needed time off to complete his degree so Owers told Harrop to sack him...............
If this is true, and I have no reason to doubt that it isn't, it re-inforces my decision to sever my ties with the toxic club that TUFC have become. I cancelled my monthly payment to TUST last week. That's how strongly I feel about the direction the club is being taken.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 16:46 He needed time off to complete his degree so Owers told Harrop to sack him...............
That is a damning indictment of the Owers/Harrop rose garden love-in. Mind you, in fairness, it would go against the grain for Owers/Harrop to reengage someone at TUFC who wanted to better themselves.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I was told this in confidence maybe a couple of weeks ago but was asked to keep it quiet at the time, I've since been told the same thing by a number of others too so it's hardly secret any more. Apparently his job was advertised and seen by him at the University he's doing his degree at although I can't confirm that as I've not spoken to Gareth.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

tomogull wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 17:26 If this is true, and I have no reason to doubt that it isn't, it re-inforces my decision to sever my ties with the toxic club that TUFC have become. I cancelled my monthly payment to TUST last week. That's how strongly I feel about the direction the club is being taken.
:goodpost:

But sad for you obviously tomogull. The club continues to ride roughshod over people ad will continue to do so. I too have cancelled my TUST membership with regret as i don't feel they are proceeding in the right way, or let's say the way i which i believe will best serve them in order to achieve sustained membership. Osborne is a slippery fish who will meet once in while to allay concerns and everyone will slink back off into normal routine until another meeting needs to be arranged because the issues are getting worse. Nothing will ever change whilst Osborne is in charge and whilst engagement is the preferred method to try and achieve progress and change.

Sadly i feel member numbers may dwindle over the fullness of time when the situation becomes worse and the progress made by the TUST becomes negligible at best in the absence of any tangible and organized resistance to Osborne. This is in no way being critical of the great people at the TUST, just that it's the way i see it and hopefully for them most other people will see it differently and join / keep with the TUST if they truly believe. The hard work and diligence is not in question.

As i've said before. This club needs action not talks IMO whether ultimately futile or not, just to regain some sense of fight amongst the fanbase but i am mindful of respecting the wishes of the majority who feel the opposite.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

'Never push a loyal person to the point where they no longer care' - Kevin Pressman (former Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper)

Sad that successive custodians of the football club didn't heed this and sad that one still doesn't.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Has anyone figured out yet who Reece Mitchell was?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

PhilGull wrote: 02 May 2018, 12:02 Has anyone figured out yet who Reece Mitchell was?
Signed from Chesterfield, same time as Balatoni arrived.