Sondico???

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Sondico???

Post by brooker »

Anyone heard any more about the new kit yet? Im pretty sure we're switching to Sondico as my step brother is in the centre of Excellence and recieved the letter saying that all team kits would now be made by Sondico, but have not heard of any designs, or press releases by Sondico, or anything at all on the web saying about us or Sondico kits. Pretty much every other league team has now released their new strip, or has announced a release date. Anyone actually know whats going on?
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by tattooedjackass »

Haven't a clue! Thought we would have had a new kit by now or even a preview of what is to come.
My Life To Live!
COYY
gulltastic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by gulltastic »

Well we can asume we are geting a new one because the newcomers are holding up scarves instead of the shirt plus the put on the OS in the post about the shop being closed "keep an eye on the club shop site for the new kit" or something along them lines
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

For me - this is the only negative at the moment. Hoping Mr Candy can pop on and give us some insight as to what is happening???
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Going on the last few years, you will have to wait about another 4 weeks yet.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Done a thread on May 17th about the same subject...http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I have also seen the letter sent of to the C/O/E lads that does say all TUFC teams will be in Sondico kits next season.

Agree it is the only negative for me, it would take some one no more than a few minutes to type a few lines out on the O/S to clarify whether the first team will have new kits or not, can't come up with reason why this has not been done.

Quite simple "we are having a new kit supplier more details to follow" or " no the club is to continue with the current kits" how hard can it be.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

What I forgot to say and brooker will know this, the C/O/E lads have ordered their sondico training and match kits, and are expecting to receive them when they returned for pre-season training.

Which tells me that the design is agreed, so come club tell us, are the first team having the same kit or not.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

I have emailed the club and got a reply on this but I am not sure if I am allowed to post the correspondents on here?
TUST member 328
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Richinns wrote:I have emailed the club and got a reply on this but I am not sure if I am allowed to post the correspondents on here?
Just post the gist of what they said in your words maybe.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

You may post it but exclude any private details, answer the questions asked in your own words :)
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

I doubt the club is going to email people private details.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Ok - Well basically we have a new Away Kit for this coming Season. The manufacturer has changed but they are trying to keep the Home Kit pretty much the same as they felt it was not fair on people who bought the kit expecting it to be a 2 year one (which is fair enough IMO).

It is hoped the Away Kit will be on sale in store in about 3 weeks but a launch date is yet to be confirmed. Hopefully images of the kit will be on the website in the next week or so for a pre-view.
It is not as quickly as they would of liked to have advertised it but they could not show a shirt that was not the exact shirt that would be on sale as a few changes have been made from the first one sent.

They suggest that most clubs at this level don’t release there kit until the start of the new season (July/August) and this is down to a number of reason which is not always a manufacture delay.
Things such as confirming sponsors and changes suggested as a lot of views are taking into account from a lot of people and then all have to agree on the final product which all takes time.

Regards the loss of income over the baron summer months – they apologised I could get a new shirt for my Birthday! but indicated a lot of people bought shop vouchers instead for birthdays and are waiting to use them for when the new kit arrives. They also have plenty of other leisure wear etc available and they get t-shirts etc in for over the summer months.

All in all – fair enough and all makes sense as to explaining what is happening. I think there are no problems apart from the communication of this.

Had they released a story giving this information then frustration levels would have been nullified.

Was great to have a quick reply also.
TUST member 328
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

usagullmichigan wrote:I doubt the club is going to email people private details.
With respect to email addresses and names of which may not wish to be shared
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

I had a dream last night that our new home shirt was yellow with the name and numbers in pink font, if only haha :~D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Does this mean our home shirt will remain the same then? If so then i'm not sure they know anything about increasing sales. I've been after a home shirt since November and they have been out of stock ever since. May i suggest to them that if the home shirt is to stay the same to get some stock in for fans who wish to buy one? Eight months is a bit too long for my liking! :zzz:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.