Ashley Hemmings

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Ashley Hemmings

Post by portugull »

out of contract at Wolves. made 23 appearances last season for Argyle. any opinions?

Scott McGleish released by Bristol Rovers. age 38 but prolific goal scorer with over 240 goals in his career.

Phil Jevons ex Yeovil released by Morecombe. always thought he was a good player.

would welcome any opinions even if they rubbish my suggestions.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I think McGLeish is past it

You have to think why was jevons released,

Hemmings was decent, I'd like him here.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Hemming's would be a decent signing. Would add some pace we desperatley need for next season.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Hemmings was a constant threat against us down their place, would be a good signing, however if he was to leave Wolves would say Plymouth would be in pole position to sign him, and he clearly enjoyed his time their, were as when we had him on loan could not wait to get out of the our place, so can't see it.

As for the other two, sorry but my opinion is simple, past their best by some way, so no thanks.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

McGleish - done a great job of dragging his career out, but last season showed he has gone past the point of no return

Jevons - been dining out on his Yeovil days for too long now.

Hemmings - would bite your hand off to get him back. just the sort of player we were missing last season after Bodin left. Quick, direct and an out-and-out winger - everything that Morris wasn't unfortunately. When we had Hemmings last season, he was brilliant and frustrating in equal measure. His debut at Gillingham was embarrassing, he clearly wasn't expecting such a difference between reserve team football and the cut and thrust of league two. But on the other hand, Wycombe away he was outstanding. Absolutely tore them apart.

I'd imagine that Argyle would get back in for him, in which case they'd be able to out-bid us in contract terms. But if he was as much as a threat as I've heard when we played Argyle, I'd at least hope he's on Lingy's radar. Put an offer in for him, see what happens. You never know!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

From what I've heard Hemmings is incredibly well-liked at Argyle, and I'm sure enjoyed his time there. Apparently he had some personal problems when he played for us, so we probably aren't a great memory for him. If Argyle get him i think he'll turn out to be a great player. Has decent ability and has the work rate to go with it. (Look at his career Macklin, I bet he will make a go of it)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Seen him a couple of times at Plymouth, he is excellent, and really comes alive in the last 20 minutes. Like Danny, but with the balls to run past a man rather than cut inside.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"