damon lathrope - two year deal

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

damon lathrope - two year deal

Post by bixieupnorth »

offered a new two year deal this morning, if he signs then that is superb news

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 76,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

great news hope he signs that answers my last post in another thread haha
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by tattooedjackass »

On the BBC website it say's he has accepted!
My Life To Live!
COYY
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not suprised at all, Martin Ling said some weeks ago he had shook hands on a contract for League 1 and League 2 with Damon, despite the postings of some, this one was was never in doubt.

Fantastic news for the club, keeping the spine of the team together was important as we all know.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

forevertufc wrote:Not suprised at all, Martin Ling said some weeks ago he had shook hands on a contract for League 1 and League 2 with Damon, despite the postings of some, this one was was never in doubt.

Fantastic news for the club, keeping the spine of the team together was important as we all know.
He said the same about Ellis at now this seems to have change somewhat (not attaching blame to anyone) so you can see the confusion
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not quite the same , I was at that lunch with Lingy and heard excatly what Martin Ling said when asked about the contract situation with Mark Ellis.

He said from what I can remember, Mark Ellis had indicated he would like to to stay, it was the club who stopped talks with Ellis, as they wanted to get the season finished, and also , his wedding to a Bolton lass was mentioned as a consideration in Mark's decision.

Lingy also went on the say he was not worried as a fee would apply if mark did not stay, which in my opinion is a lot different to, "we have shook hands on a contract"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Got to be honest I don't see anything in him. I know he anhors the midfield blah blah blah, but he doesn't do that much to me. His passing is terrible (two years running he has given a goal away in the play offs). Has no pace, doesn't have MAnsells engine and has never scored a goal.
Other than that he is brilliant.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote:Got to be honest I don't see anything in him.
Well, I don't know about anybody else...but I for one am absolutely amazed that this came from brucie.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Got to be honest I don't see anything in him. I know he anhors the midfield blah blah blah, but he doesn't do that much to me. His passing is terrible (two years running he has given a goal away in the play offs). Has no pace, doesn't have MAnsells engine and has never scored a goal.
He is a players player - not a big fan but has proved to be far better than I first gave him credit for.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

A year ago I expressed an opinion to a number pf poeple, that I thought the club should just give Damon Lathrope away to Tiverton, I don't think I have ever changed an opinion on a player so far in such a sort space of time, no problem admitting I was wrong either.

He is a defensive midfielder his job is not to score goals, it is to break up play and offer protection to the back four, this is something he does very well, and in my opinion has just got better as the season went on, yep his form tailed off a bit towards the season end, however he was not the only one, and like the others was on his last legs at the end.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:Got to be honest I don't see anything in him. I know he anhors the midfield blah blah blah, but he doesn't do that much to me. (two years running he has given a goal away in the play offs). Has no pace, doesn't have MAnsells engine and has never scored a goal.
So, the same as Olejnik then?

Matt.

Mod Edit - is that better mate ?? Lovely, thanks Mod.
Last edited by ferrarilover on 22 May 2012, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Not sure why my above post looks like that, can uncle Dave or one of his minions make like Bob the builder please?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Damon has been a real unsung hero for most of the season and i,ve seen what he offers the team. He is the anchorman, the fulcrum of our middle and i,m so glad that he is staying. My only worry is that i,ve seen his form dip alarmingly these last two months with the main problem being giving the ball away far too easily, sloppy distribution and getting caught out of position a lot. I,m sure this dip in form was a confidence issue as we slumped towards the end and if he can start next season like he did this then we,re in business. He has certainly impressed me with his performances for much of the season and he is crucial to our style of play.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

His first full season, so of course he won't be able to maintain the high standards he set earlier on.

He does the job that nobody else wants to, allowing other players the freedom to get forward. He'll become stronger, more consistent and ultimately a much better player the more he plays.

We should be thankful it will be in a yellow shirt. Very pleased about this.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.