Take a bow Thursday's fans

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
londongull63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Take a bow Thursday's fans

Post by londongull63 »

One feeling I did take away from Plainmoor on Thursday was that all those fans who were there should take a bow.
Not only did they not sit watching it on TV, but the support was amazing.
They cheered and cheered from first minute to last, and 10 minutes beyond. Yes, a misplaced pass or mistake - err, Man City make them too - obviously drew quiet sighs of frustration or disappointment, but no-one around me ever turned to knocking any player rather than urging on the team (no doubt there were a few somewhere but they would have been in a very small minority).
And even as the minutes ticked away, the ground never fell silent, which is in stark contrast to Shrewsbury's fans when we took our 2-0 lead there last year. Yes, they were loud before kick-off, but soon gave the feeling that they'd given up with a pained near silence.
The Plainmoor backing was far better than Cheltenham's at their place, where just a group of kids in a corner made much noise, until they got a bit excited by their second goal and thought they were going to Wembley, but it was hardly reverberating round Whaddon Road.
For all the sadness over the result, I felt strangely proud to be a Torquay fan, proud of my fellow fans, and proud of the effort our players put in and the loyalty and bond they have - particularly those regarded as our top assets who certainly don't seem too big for their boots - which all perhaps made it even a bit harder to take in a way.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Indeed. The best bit for me was the singing at the end - bet that was quite humbling for the lads.
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

I felt proud to be there, the team did us proud, they played their hearts out in that match and with a little bit of luck (or a keeper that wasn't in fine form - he did get man of the match) we could have been four up by half time!
At the start of the season everyone believed we would have been engaged in a season long battle against relegation - well it has been a long season but at the other end of the table for two seasons in a row.

Next season we have Bristows Bench open and our own little mini south west league - what a lot to look forward to, when does it start?
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: