category a and b

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Comments taken on board Nickgull but i had no idea that costs for policing, extra staff etc for more higher profile games are passed onto the consumer, in this case the Torquay fan. I find this secenario utterly disgraceful. Aren't we penalised enough as fans? I pay a set amount to watch mediocre league 2 teams. I do not expect to pay more just because demand for tickets is higher.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I accept category A prices could be applied to Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Swindon and at a push Oxford. However, the remaining games are ridiculous. Crawley is just a chance to cash in on what they think may be a grudge match but it could have the opposite effect. Asking people to pay £18 to watch Crawley may instead put people off going.

Similarly, just because Bradford are a big club it does not mean they pack the away end with support and that extra police would be required.

There is just no need with us. We do not get the crowds that warrant it.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I agree with hector. The categorised games are only needed if you are selling out. Admittedly with the reduced capacity it makes the chances of that greater, however unless BRadford are top of the league they won't sell their allocation and we certainly won't. I don't think Crewe would even if they were top and a sell out for Crawley last year was only down to it being FA Cup 4th round day, not because the two sides would get 5000 every time they play.

Bristol Rovers, Argyle, Swindon and Oxford are the only 4 I would be confident of 4000+ for regardless of how the teams are doing.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The last home game of the season against Crewe is Cat A because we'll be bang on for being League Two Champions ? :| :rofl:

On another thread someone mentioned about the issue of vouchers at preceding games before a Cat A match. Good idea. :clap: For the Argyle and Bristol Rovers games it's a must.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"