SINGING SECTION!!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

If you go onto the Manchester United web site, click on the Tickets & Hospitality section on the left you can then click on another link called seat views.
Click onto the section that you want to look at, and it will show you what the view is like from that seat. It's not 100% but does give you some sort of idea. Hope it helps.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i don't think the view will be too bad in the singing blocks, but what i will say is when i went up there and did the stadium tour, we came out the tunnel etc, and walked along towards the dugouts (a la fergie) and the seats at the front are pretty low to the pitch. if you're gonna stand up it wont be so bad, but your view from the seat will be knee height, as the pitch is raised a fair bit from the "track" around it.

Brady

I Wish I Was There
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Being close to the action suits me fine :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yipee,yehar,been to plainmoor tickets exchanged,now in block 103,for those trying to get through on the phone keep trying ,they are answering seems to be high volume of calls.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

WOO-HOO !!! i have tickets !! well, i think i have, but the guy taking my order sounded half asleep, so here's hoping !!!

i asked for £36 tickets right behind the "singing section" and when i pressed for a definite answer of if i would get tickets in requested block (FAM206 or WU204), the answer was "hopefully, yeah". after yesterday, i guess i should just be hoping me, my mate and my 8yr old are sitting together !!
I got the same bloke and asked for the same thing. Highly unispiring - almost like I was bothering him! This was after the phone being engaged for 15 mins and then when I did get through ringing for 10 mins before being answered!

Got told "tickets are all allocated so you sit where you get put but should somewhere around that section" - Thanks!!!

Really think every person employed by TUFC should be there today - ready to push as many tickets as possible.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

To be fair, some of them have jobs to do.

I know Mrs Alex Rowe is there helping out today so they are trying.
Dave

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:To be fair, some of them have jobs to do.

I know Mrs Alex Rowe is there helping out today so they are trying.

Fair play to him but a little forward thinking might have more people in place to deal with demand. We knew we had a good shout of going through before Fridays game.

Still - I have tickets and am off to the show - cannot wait!!!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Does anyone know how strict standing is at Old Trafford?
smithy86
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branno

Post by smithy86 »

I believe they are quite strict, but there fans get in alot of trouble for it at various places, IMO most people in singing section will prob be from popside anyway so used too standing! so if we all stand up not like we cant get in anyones way is it!!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Got mine swapped round for the singing section. Only problem Ive got is I have £26 tickets when I oringinally paid for the £36 ones yesterday. Ah well. Not going to moan just glad to be where the atmosphere is (hopefully none of the people I'm going with our fussed either!)
Benno
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Benno »

Good news. Getting my ticket tomorrow at 5 - hopefully there's some left for the singing section then.
tufctillidie
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by tufctillidie »

got my tickets exchanged for the singing section today block 103 seats 129-132 :) can't wait COYY!!!
Keep Calm. Support Torquay United
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

huddersfieldgull wrote:
I was able to choose behind the goal when I asked for £36 pound tickets on the phone. As stated before though the guy sounded asleep/bored/annoyed so fingers crossed I get what I asked for.
I don't want to scare both of you, but...

I went up in person today to buy my tickets (about 13:00 after lunch), and I asked for the same tickets as you - £36 behind the goal, preferably behind the singing section. I was told that these currently WERE NOT being sold, and that the only £36 tickets currently being sold were in the corner quadrant at the same tier as the cheapest tickets in the stretford end.

The only tickets (other than the cheap ones) behind the goal was ONE block of more expensive tickets (£40), which is right behind the singing section (the second T in Stretford, infact). These are what i plumped for in the end.

Just thought you might like to know, in case you want to check when you get them to avoid a nasty surprise when you get to OT!

Cheers.
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

tickets sorted for the singing section. block 103 sold out got tickets in 104 seems that 105 is also becoming part of an extended singing section
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Singing section my arse.

Never again will I rely on the club or anyone else to designate us a singing area. The two blocks for the singers contained mostly elder fans or younger families and NOT the singers who have done us so proud this season.

I managed to speak to as many people as possible at half-time and we all moved up to the back of the lower tier for the second half where we made so much more noise.

In future the Yellow Army will sort out its own area and I'm going to do my best to make sure they get organised and become an invaluable section of our club. Nothing against those that went today, I'm proud to be a Gull even if my team let me down the fans certainly didn't, double the numbers that Stevenage took and a real pleasure to meet so many members from here as well as other fans.

Time to get things moving so we're prepared for next season. All ideas and suggestions are very welcome on the Yellow Army board.
Dave