Ticket Fiasco

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Top post wodger, it isn't hard, with little or no leadership at the club these days though it's hardly surprising.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I still think people will move around from where there meant to be sat. If theres space further up I dont see why we wouldnt be allowed to move there on the day?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AlexGulls wrote:I still think people will move around from where there meant to be sat. If theres space further up I dont see why we wouldnt be allowed to move there on the day?

you are forgetting the stewards alex.

they were bad enough at the don valley!! :@

really putting me off going - im sure dave SG will be delighted!!! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

Why has the backroom operations at Torquay become, at least at the face of it from these threads, become so amateurish all of a sudden? Have things gone to manure since Colin Lee left?
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

basil75 wrote:To be fair to Man U, as much as I don't like them, I don't believe they really get anything out of hosting this - they just get the costs covered (and maybe a little discretionary fixed bonus for the trouble), but ultimately it matters little to them if it's just an attendance of 50, or a sell out.
All profits from the event get split appropriately between the teams in L2 I believe - even sales within the ground (I've been told this but not 100% sure).
Basically, the blame for this is our club and it's very wishful thinking to blame this fiasco on those that run Man Utd.
I think you will find it's 25% of net receipts each (after all the costs taken out) that goes to us and Stevenage. The other 50% goes to the FL pool. Catering etc is probably concession based so nothing from that. If the club are told they have to sell tickets in a certain order then they have to do so :(
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:

We moved about at Wembley....No one sat where they were meant to at Shrewsbury.

Just saying that if theres a few empty seats further up I'm not sure there would be a problem sitting in seats where theres a ticket not sold for it...
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:

The only good thing is that we won't have to put up with seeing "poorandineffectiveNickyWroe" play again this season! :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :) :)
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Went up this morning to buy tickets - what a joke!!
Firstly there was a pair of people working together selling the tickets so effecitvely acting as one person - the numbers outside waiting were about 150 and if you were at the end of theline you were looking at at least an hour's wait.
Secondly, wanted to buy a £40 ticket in the middle and a couple of people in front of me wanted the same. We were told not possible as they had to start from the sides. However, people in front of me complained bitterly and TUFC CHANGED THEIR MINDS and gave them the tickets that they wanted. Consequently I got the tickets I wanted, where I wanted. Not being smug but the excuse from the club thet they have to 'obey oredes' from Man U does not seem to hold.
The organisation is pathetic. Why not several selling the tickets or at least arrangements for cash and one for credit cards? We are consumers- hell we should be able to sit where we like. I was about 30th in line and it took me best part of an hour to get my tickets.
The whole treatment of fans is appalling and is a public relations disaster. It smacked of rank amateurism.Guess we have not learn from Crawley?
And some people wonder why we can not grow the fan base? Try putting the fans first. Terrible, simply terrible. :@ :@ :@
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Lucky them - my complaining was obviously not bitter enough. Gets worse and worse...
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

my mate went to buy six, but after hearing all the corner inwards garbage has decided to leave and go back again during the week

just ignore orders, what are they gonna do to us if we sell em where we want? its not as if we'll be playing there again is it??!!
still keeping the faith
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

If as it seems more increasing that people are waiting until later in the week to get the middle blocks then we will all be in the corners as they won't sell out in these areas. This could persuade the club to open all the blocks up though.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fletch wrote: If the club are told they have to sell tickets in a certain order then they have to do so :(
The Club are taking the proverbial, if Stevenage can do things their own way then so can we. Usual sorry excuses won't wash this time.
Dave

Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

been phoning the club since about 12:30, and despite the multiple dedicated ticket lines 8/ couldn't get through. this tells me the 20,000 tickets will not be enough 8/

will try again tomorrow, hopefully when someone with a bit of clout within the club has turned up (by clout, i mean balls, if such a person exists at TUFC) and see if there is any more flexibility.

i was really looking forward to this, despite living 20min train journey from wembley, i thought the chance of seeing my beloved team run out at old trafford, would be brilliant. but like many of you, the gloss is coming off pretty damn quick. was gutted to not be able to make the 2 semi-finals, so was determined not to miss the final. i have to rely on the post to get my tickets, so need to get in reasonably sharpish, but will not be happy if i get cr@p seats as a result (or at least, not the seats i want).

lets see what tomorrow brings, but 30+ years as a TUFC supporter, i'm expecting more of the same unfortunately. :(
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'm still not happy. :@

This is a free country, right ?

Free enterprise and competition exists, right ?

No it f*cking does not :@ :@ :@

I've rung "soccer express" and the decision to withdraw the travel/accommodation deal was made after sad greedy b*astards at TUFC decided another coach company offering a better deal (travel and overnight stay) would be "bad for business".

Right then wankers, where's your alternative travel/overnight accommodation offer ?

Bill Phillips has earned 'erself a slap of A&E magnitude. I know 'er well, W. Phillips was a wanker then and a wanker now. The disorganisation started the day wanker Phillips walked into the boardroom.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Still can't believe this from TUFC.

No disrespect to anyone whos struggled today but the most apt alternative I've heared is leave it till the day ! Does anyone know if thats going to be possible?