FA Trophy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

FA Trophy

Post by Stoneybroke »

So Torquay are at home to Chippenham on 17th December. Will be good for Gary to assess his squad against NL South opposition.

Comes between Bromley and Yeovil ( both at plainmoor ). The pitch has had plenty of use so far this season

Will be a distraction from the league... but do we really need it ? Al our thoughts should be on league survival!!!
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

ANOTHER potential banana skin. I think I am correct in saying Chippenham completed the double over us, when we were in the NLS.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

North Curry House wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 16:02 ANOTHER potential banana skin. I think I am correct in saying Chippenham completed the double over us, when we were in the NLS.
Yes, correct.
Got beat away when the useless Owers was in charge and lost at home in the last game when we should have scored 6.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

I thought we lost away to them in April. I went with the boy and it was a boiling hot day. Johnson was definitely in charge that day. If I recall it didn't matter that much as we were already promoted.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

GULL 67 wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 19:42 I thought we lost away to them in April. I went with the boy and it was a boiling hot day. Johnson was definitely in charge that day. If I recall it didn't matter that much as we were already promoted.
That's correct.
We lost to Chippenham & Hungerford after we'd already secured promotion. Not surprising that the players took their feet off the gas a bit.
And yes it was very hot at Chippenham.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

We've played Saturday Tuesday for the last few weeks leaving the players knackered. We can do without the extra games, very little money to be made from them and always a risk of injuries and cards that we don't need. Best to send out the youf team and save the legs of the players.
Tin pot cup anyway.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

somersetgull wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 20:22
We should play first team.. We are relegated anyway.
Hardly relegated. 4 points behind with 26 games to go.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

somersetgull wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 20:22 We should play first team.. We are relegated anyway.
A test for these pampered players that can't play twice a week.
Ah yes, Torquay United, a club well known for pampering their players. You idiot.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

somersetgull wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 20:22 We should play first team.. We are relegated anyway.

I suggest most will be wanting contract renewals in the south next season. So let's see if they can handle a south team i doubt it. Be a draw possible win replay just like Dulwich. But surely then you will realise there not up to south level. Open your eyes.
There are no replays in the Trophy. Matches decided on penalties.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

I suggest most will be wanting contract renewals in the south next season. So let's see if they can handle a south team i doubt it. Be a draw possible win replay just like Dulwich. But surely then you will realise there not up to south level. Open your eyes.
There are no replays in the Trophy. Matches decided on penalties.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

The Oracle has spoken.... :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

Just seen that Boots and Laces are looking for staff...maybe a few of our new signings could apply . Might be more useful there than as players!!
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Stoneybroke wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 09:58 Just seen that Boots and Laces are looking for staff...maybe a few of our new signings could apply . Might be more useful there than as players!!
:clap:
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Stoneybroke wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 09:58 Just seen that Boots and Laces are looking for staff...maybe a few of our new signings could apply . Might be more useful there than as players!!
:goodpost: