Brazilian winger trials for Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Brazilian winger trials for Torquay

Post by MellowYellow »

Anyone know anything about this: click link

Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I saw that last night. Looks like an advertisement for UKFT. Just because he has had a trial and is Brazilian doesn't mean he was any good.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

26? Looks about 16!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 05:49 I saw that last night. Looks like an advertisement for UKFT. Just because he has had a trial and is Brazilian doesn't mean he was any good.
If you are given a trial by Johnson it normally means you have got some potential. No doubt it was our Head of Recruitment, Gary's brother Peter who pointed him in this direction. UKFT are the same outfit where Peter found Kalvin Lumbombo-Kalala. Whether during the trial with us, he came up to our new exacting standards is another question to which I or you appear not to know.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

MellowYellow wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 10:41 If you are given a trial by Johnson it normally means you have got some potential. No doubt it was our Head of Recruitment, Gary's brother Peter who pointed him in this direction. UKFT are the same outfit where Peter found Kalvin Lumbombo-Kalala. Whether during the trial with us, [highlight=yellow][highlight=yellow]he came up to our new exacting standards is another question to which I or you appear not to know.[/highlight][/highlight]
Well we do now, and he didn’t!

He must have been one of the trialists that Dave Thomas mentioned (in the outside broadcast podcast at S.Devon College a couple of weeks back) that were at the club and took part in the behind closed doors friendly that we played against a S.Devon College XI (that included Chris Todd).

Unfortunately, it appears that although he did ok, it turns out we were “in need of a different type of player” and he is now heading off to Brechin City to try his luck with them on another trial. Interesting to hear that we are looking at players though and I love the “randomness” of the players that Peter Johnson comes up with ....

A bit more info on here on how it went ....

https://ukfootballtrials.com/blog/Brazi ... orquay-Utd