New Year Reflections.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

I would like to clarify a few points as regards the comments made following my previous posts concerning Clarke Osborne. I have never met or spoken to, phoned, emailed our had any contact with him. Torquay are in the state they were in when Osborne took over the club. The sad demise of TUFC began the day Colin Lee was sacked. Loyal supporters the Bristows took control and it is these idiots who advised them who were responsible for the position that Torquay find themselves today. I am no fool. I know that when Osborne finally sells the club he would have probably made millions. The money he has put in to the club can never be recouped by the selling of the club. Trust me, if I am wrong about Osborne then I will be the first person to make a huge banner stating that Clarke Osborne is a w*****.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Is that the Colin Lee who was being paid 100k a year?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 14:31 Is that the Colin Lee who was being paid 100k a year?
The same Colin Lee that (allegedly) gave himself a fairly big leaving present?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Unum Dawlish Matt.
Before you make any assumptions about the why's & where's about certain people's services being disposed of at TUFC, at least try & ascertain some valid part of the reasons why they're no longer at the club .
I am not prepared to divulge on this or any forum as to why a certain person is no longer at the club but I'm sure if I let the reason I've been told out into the public domain my source shoulder up immediately.
Let me say this though, it's not for 'footballing' reasons per say.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Yes, the same Colin Lee who assembled most of Paul Buckles squad who got us to the league 2 play off final and the same Colin Lee that offered to take a massive pay cut to remain as chief executive. I haven't got a clue what Gary Johnson is on but I bet it's substantially more than 100K and we are 2 league's lower!!!!!!
Hoefle
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Hoefle »

Colin Lee was worth his weight in gold, as far as I'm concerned. He was the man.
You can burn belly fat remarkably easily with these fat burners.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Hi Teigngull. I haven't made any assumptions about the reasons why Colin Lee was sacked. My post clearly states that the sad demise of our beloved club began shortly after Lee left the club. I do remember though at the time that the club issued a statement that lee was being placed on Gardening leave as a cost cutting measure. I believe that shortly after being dismissed, lee gave an interview to the Herald Express [ or some other media outlet ] that he offered to continue in his role at the club on a vastly reduced salary.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 14:23 I would like to clarify a few points as regards the comments made following my previous posts concerning Clarke Osborne. I have never met or spoken to, phoned, emailed our had any contact with him. Torquay are in the state they were in when Osborne took over the club. The sad demise of TUFC began the day Colin Lee was sacked. Loyal supporters the Bristows took control and it is these idiots who advised them who were responsible for the position that Torquay find themselves today. I am no fool.[highlight=yellow] I know that when Osborne finally sells the club he would have probably made millions.[/highlight] [highlight=yellow]The money he has put in to the club can never be recouped by the selling of the club.[/highlight] Trust me, if I am wrong about Osborne then I will be the first person to make a huge banner stating that Clarke Osborne is a w*****.
So which one is it in your opinion?
Will he probably make millions? Or never recoup the money? It can't be both.
And has been stated before and you still don't seem able - or willing - to accept the fact that he is interested in the freehold of Plainmoor.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 14:39 Yes, the same Colin Lee who assembled most of Paul Buckles squad who got us to the league 2 play off final and the same Colin Lee that offered to take a massive pay cut to remain as chief executive. [highlight=yellow]I haven't got a clue what Gary Johnson is on but I bet it's substantially more than 100K and we are 2 league's lower!!!!!![/highlight]
Obviously not.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Hoefle wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 15:08 Colin Lee was worth his weight in gold, as far as I'm concerned. He was the man.
Thanks for that. Colin.

TUST Member 468

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Hi SuperNickyWroe. In my opinion Clarke Osbourne will actually make a loss when he sells the club. Osbourne is a ruthless businessman who depending on what you believe is posted on vairous websites is worth between 50 - 100 million quid. I believe that he will make his millions via his new stadium and housing development plans. Osbourne is using TUFC as a stepping stone to achive his goal, which is benifiting the club. Take James Brent for example. He did something very simalar with plymouth Argyle. He wasn't a bit intrested in the football club. He had plans to build a whole host of things around Home Park and used the club to get his feet in the door. unfortunatly the council stole his plans and deceided to do the same to the bus station and i believe that someone else is now running the club. As we all know, PAFC gained massively and even got promoted .
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

And lo & behold look at poor Plymouth Argyle now !
If ever there was a yo yo club between leagues 1 & 2 they are it. The size of their stadium & catchment area it's shocking that they are bumping around at the level they are at the consistency they are.
An established championship club in the South West would do us good to feed off, as we do with Bristol City at this time.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

dawlishmatt wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 17:19 I believe that he will make his millions via his new stadium and housing development plans.
Which will end only in housing being built. Name a stadium he’s built, dawlishmatt? I’ll give you a clue. It’s not a high number.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

In response to TeignGull, I believe that Plymouth Argyle's current plight is down to the manager. Last season in league one I think that they started poorly and ended up just missing a play off spot. The manager then got rid of most of that squad and replaced them with donkeys.
Rjc70. You are correct in saying that Osborne has not built a single stadium. I might be reading the situation completely wrong but I believe that plainmoor will never be used by Osborne or anyone else for housing development. Common sense tells me that the area is simply too small to get the profit's that Osborne is looking for. As I have said previously, I believe that he, having already invested a huge amount into the club, it would have to be a profit of several million pounds before he sells the club. This profit can only be achieved by building on a large scale, much larger than plainmoor.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 17:19 Hi SuperNickyWroe. In my opinion Clarke Osbourne will actually make a loss when he sells the club. Osbourne is a ruthless businessman who depending on what you believe is posted on vairous websites is worth between 50 - 100 million quid. I believe that he will make his millions via his new stadium and housing development plans. Osbourne is using TUFC as a stepping stone to achive his goal, which is benifiting the club. Take James Brent for example. He did something very simalar with plymouth Argyle. He wasn't a bit intrested in the football club. He had plans to build a whole host of things around Home Park and used the club to get his feet in the door. unfortunatly the council stole his plans and deceided to do the same to the bus station and i believe that someone else is now running the club. As we all know, PAFC gained massively and even got promoted .
thanks for your reply.
however, all he is interested in is not benefiting the club - only himself.
why do you still not get that he wants the freehold????
he would promise us a new ground, which as we all know - apart from you by the look of it - he will never build.
just like all the other ones he's said he'd build and hasnt built one for anyone.
when you finally grasp and acknowledge that fact, then I may take your posts seriously.

TUST Member 468