FA Cup 4RQ Draw

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

They will probably bring over 100 I suspect. A few will make a weekend of it I'm sure.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

As we have barely seen any action at Plainmoor this past month - it would be nice to think we might get close to 2000 for this one surely?
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Make it kid for a quid. £5 for adults.

Re-engage the local support after 5 poor years. It's not a league game. Get people involved on the FA Cup journey at TUFC. The prize money made is a bonus, a few extra fans could help secure a money spinning tie in the next round. Take that risk.

Or a 6th tier English football team versus a 7th tier team at the same price as usual.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Parkys People wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 20:18 Make it kid for a quid. £5 for adults.

Re-engage the local support after 5 poor years. It's not a league game. Get people involved on the FA Cup journey at TUFC. The prize money made is a bonus, a few extra fans could help secure a money spinning tie in the next round. Take that risk.

Or a 6th tier English football team versus a 7th tier team at the same price as usual.
We're not allowed to change the prices for admission without the approval of the opposition. I doubt very much they'll want to do that since it would be a relatively big payday for them. (It's an FA Cup rule)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

[glow=red][/glow]
happytorq wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 20:27 We're not allowed to change the prices for admission without the approval of the opposition. I doubt very much they'll want to do that since it would be a relatively big payday for them. (It's an FA Cup rule)
As it seems possible that Brightlingsea may have made a loss on their fixture with us I expect Winchester are thanking their lucky stars they got drawn away.
citizengull2
Trialist
Trialist

Post by citizengull2 »

As a supporter of both teams this is the dream draw for me, having watched both clubs play I can assure you winchester will be no push over. Granted torquay are playing much better under Johnson but winch have a very strong attack so I can definitely see them scoring. Here's hoping for a good game up the Gulls up the citizens
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

I think the lowest price we can offer is 10 quid for adult.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Kernowgull »

I don't know why, but this thread reminded me of this game- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 429765.stm. I took my ex girlfriend (she was my current girlfriend at the time) and she loved it. We won 5-0 and the atmosphere was very good. She ended up going to quite a number of games with me, we dated from 02 to 06 so I guess it was a golden period.

Not very relevant, a little nostalgic trip down memory lane, but what made me think of it was the debate as to if we'd get 2000 for the Winchester game. We had 2739 that day, and also, I remember thinking who the hell are Borehamwood. Now they are about 20 places ahead of us in the pyramid. A season later we finished above Swansea, Hull, Huddersfield and the next year played Bristol City and Sheffield Wednesday in the league:-(
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Really hopeful about this FA Cup campaign, it could be a chance for the club to make some money and get some pride back into the football club. Like the non clubs below;

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-11331370

From a run that saw them overcome Leeds, AFC Wimbledon and Cheltenham before the Arsenal game, prize money, TV broadcast and commercial fees earned Sutton a cool £710,000 - enough to pay the squad for a whole season.

"We don't budget for a cup run. We never have and we never will, so our budget is never based on getting a run in the FA Cup or FA Trophy.

"So from that point of view, we are delighted that we have been able to invest it back into the facilities and make it a better place for the spectators to come and enjoy watching their football."

Sutton have already installed new scoreboard, LED floodlights and turnstiles, while the electrics throughout the ground have been improved. There’s also a new club shop and a TV gantry is planned for the near future.

They have also refurbished the home and away dressing rooms with both increasing in size.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/nov/03/f ... ney-031117

Lincoln’s success brought with it a financial reward which will help the club grow in the coming years.

The Sincil Bank outfit earned over £1m in prize money and TV broadcast fees, as well as an upturn in gate receipts once their Cup fairytale, and League Two promotion push, began to reach fever pitch.
Cowley said: “The finances are a game changer for a club of our size.

“The main aim is to use last year as a legacy moving forward. We want sustained success. We want to invest the money wisely. We want to spend it on the infrastructure of the club.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Lincoln's £1 million is a pittance. We don't need the FA cup money - just the glory - as we already have an owner willing to spend £40 million on a new stadium for our regional football club.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Kernowgull wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 22:43 I don't know why, but this thread reminded me of this game- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 429765.stm. I took my ex girlfriend (she was my current girlfriend at the time) and she loved it. We won 5-0 and the atmosphere was very good. She ended up going to quite a number of games with me, we dated from 02 to 06 so I guess it was a golden period
Torquay: Van Heusden, Hockley, Woozley, Canoville, Hill, Bedeau, Fowler, Russell, Osei-Kuffour, Graham, Gritton

Russell and Fowler in midfield - quite easily the best centre midfield we've had (at least in my lifetime) - was a joy to watch them. Those days were fun, indeed.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Kernow and HappyTorq - thanks for that memory . . . . :goodpost:

Torquay: Van Heusden, Hockley, Woozley, Canoville, Hill, Bedeau, Fowler, Russell, Osei-Kuffour, Graham, Gritton :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

What a fantastic team that was !!! Saw that game and I hope one day - we'll have a team that good again. Wow ! :-D :-D :-D
quantumleaper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by quantumleaper »

I hear the sound of chickens being counted ...
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Yes M8, that's a leap :clap:

Note the word 'hope' in my post and generally, we should be expecting to beat Winchester shouldn't we . . . ?
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Hill and Bedeau! Now there's two names to conjure with. Not in the Stubbs/Northcott league by a long way, but, for all that, I probably saw them more often. Poor old Tony ('call me Anthony') never quite fulfilled his promise. He'd have one game in fifty which was world class, and then 49/50 were of non-league standard. As for Alan Knill's brother, Kevvy Knill, I'll never forget his goal against Stockport (which can still be seen on YouTube if you look for it).