Chelmsford City Vs Torquay United - 4/8/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 14:16 Well, I’m disappointed with the score line (even taking into account the mitigating factors, and having read the various available at home reports).

I don’t want to come across as billy big bollocks either, but the fact is that we are a full time team in a part time league. We should be fitter and sharper than many of those teams we come across. At this stage of the season we have a full Pre season behind us, and have been in training full time for a few weeks now. Most of the teams in this league won’t have had that.

I get that we are in this league for a reason, but we shouldn’t just allow ourselves to just accept our fate - I’d like to see fight, goals and a load of wins from our team - especially against those that look at us with our transfer and wage budget in envy.

Appreciate it was the first game of a long season, but I haven’t read anything that excites me about Saturdays game, and certainly not read anything that suggests we were unlucky to not win. I accept we won’t win every game, but let’s hope that we put in some effort across the whole pitch, and show that we are full time for a reason!!
:goodpost:
Exactly my thoughts