Cox to let players go for budget

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Cox to let players go for budget

Post by DJ Gull »

I try not to start new topics on here incase certain person(s) shower me with 'what a pointless thread you nod head' :@

But I think this is safe enough :-D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34140133

Fully agree with Cox when he says "The team is lacking competition"
To the dotted line, We're on our way
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

What a pointless thread you nod head !! :rofl:

Agree though, think we can all see we're short of a couple of good players, and if some have to go out for the squad to be improved, so be it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

forevertufc wrote:What a pointless thread you nod head !! :rofl:

Agree though, think we can all see we're short of a couple of good players, and if some have to go out for the squad to be improved, so be it.

I was expecting that! :nod:
To the dotted line, We're on our way
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I also have to agree with Paul's comments, who do you think he will let go? Personally I can see Briscoe leaving because he is most likely one of the higher earners in the squad and possibly Lavelle-Moore..
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

DJ Gull wrote:
I was expecting that! :nod:
Couldn't resist the opportunity :na: What I would say, as a forum member myself, if you've got something, you'd like to write about in a thread do it, stuff what the odd persons says.

Added in 3 minutes 55 seconds:
As for who's likely to be moved on, personally haven't got a clue, seen suggestions elsewhere no point me copying, think the middle of the park certainly is an area not looking to strong, in terms of giving away possession, could be an out there for an in, and perhaps up front.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I'm not sure who he can let go because most of them are contracted.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote:I'm not sure who he can let go because most of them are contracted.
Lavelle-Moore and Jamie Richards are the only non-contract players. I would hope Lavelle-Moore remains as I think he could be a useful squad player. I don't have any opinion on Jamie Richards. Players could go out on loan of course which I think could be the most likely outcome. Any idea when the loan window closes?
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Perhaps Prynn or Chaney can go out on loan with most of their wages paid by the loaning club? Although would probably need them both to go along with Odofin and someone else for the money saved to be enough for a better player.

I think the loan window opens next Monday and is open until the middle or end of November.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

For Cox to bring in one or two 'decent' players he'll have to free up some of the budget so this suggests a couple of our current squad who are on, for us, higher salaries being moved on. Could be any from a number; could even be some who Cox signed. Could be some surprises.
As far as I know the loan window opens on Monday 7 September.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Briscoe isn't proving value for money. He's probably one of our highest paid players but can't even get in the starting XI. If there is another team interested in his services - which could be doubtful given his physical condition - then we should let Louis leave.

I also wouldn't rule out a hasty departure for Fairhurst. I know he's injured at the moment but I don't think Cox will have been happy with his fitness levels even before he hurt his knee. He was our highest profile signing of the summer but maybe Cox will decide to cut his losses.
Last edited by tommyg on 04 Sep 2015, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

With news that Fairhurst is crocked and an article on the OS talking up Louis Briscoe maybe the stories about players leaving is a smokescreen in order to get the squad on their toes.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Ignore everything I said. Briscoe won't be going anywhere judging by these comments: http://mobile.torquayunited.com/news/ar ... 68790.aspx

And Fairhurst's knee scan apparently didn't go well so looks like he'll be out for a while.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just who might go?

Paul Cox has, to his great credit, managed to sign 16 players.

3 are on loan and not our players.Quigley and Carmichael from AFC Bournemouth and Nathan Smith from Port Vale.

7 are HIGHLY unlikely to go for various reasons;

Hurst Butler Exodus Fisher Marsh Heslop Spiess.

1 is injured Fairhurst.

I is out on loan Yeoman.

This leaves 4 others which make up the 16.

Fenwick. Murombedzi both on contracts and Lavelle-Moore and Jamie Richards on non contract terms.

Last seasons players.

Angus and Courtney Richards both doing very well and Louis Briscoe.

Liam Prynne and Sam Chaney out on loan. Lavercombe and Odofin only seen in pre season.

So 23 players in total. Paul Cox has an unenviable task in deciding who should go at such an early stage in the season.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

So where has sam chaney gone I haven't seen anything about him going on loan ??
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Apologies Supergulls.Sam came on as a sub against Wrexham on 11 August. Not on loan.