Pastures New

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Link in previous post!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Are we still entitled to compensation as and when Ajala finds a club?
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

No surprise he's ended up trying his luck up there to me. His agent was clearly finding it difficult to find a club south of the border who were prepared to pay us a fee.

Should his trial be successful with ICT, unfortunately we will miss out on a fee as the compensation rules that apply to clubs under the jurisdiction of the English FA don't apply to "foreign" associations .... in this case the Scottish FA! At least that is my understanding of the situation.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

It was the opening match of the EvoStik Premier league today (Northern Premier League to you) and, wonderful to relate, Whitby Town beat Stourbridge F. C. 4-0. Stourbridge were not helped by one of the worst goalkeeping displays in the history of the game (though not as bad as the infamous Coombe match which will go down in the annals of TUFC history as the worst goalkeeping display ever). Brucie will back me up on this.
You might wonder why such a report should find its way onto the pages of Torquay United fans forum (after all, Whitby is 350 miles from Plainmoor); this is because Karl Hawley was playing upfront for Stourbridge. Personally, I didn't find Hawley to be a bad player while he was at Plainmoor (although many did). Today, while not noticeably having put on weight, he is bulky yet still mobile. The shots he had on goal were off target (one horrendously so: it went out for a corner), but he led the line satisfactorily and held up play and brought in other forwards when necessary. He's clearly a cut above the rest of the Stourbridge players, but he does seem to have an attitude problem - in that he appears aloof from the other members of the team. He has been signed permanently by Stourbridge.
I'm off to Blyth on Tuesday for Blyth vs Whitby - I'll keep you posted.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

I'm surprised Hawley has dropped down to that level. He was terrible for us but hit double figures for a relegated Conference team last season.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Actually it's quite a good level.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Not surprised at all.

Totally out of his depth at TUFC
TUST MEMBER
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I agree with Wivelgull - the Coombe display was the worst goalkeeping display I have ever seen. He was even worse than goal a game Rice.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

wivelgull wrote:Actually it's quite a good level.

It's two down from where we currently find ourselves. Coincidentally, this means that he's now playing at the same level as my home club, Guernsey FC!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

I see James McQuilkin has signed a short term contract with AFC Telford.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but o'kane is starting vs Liverpool tonight
To the dotted line, We're on our way
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

O'Kane just been booked.

Playing at Anfield after Plainmoor just goes to show anything is possible in football.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

O'Kane played pretty well I thought.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

portugull wrote:O'Kane just been booked.

Playing at Anfield after Plainmoor just goes to show anything is possible in football.
Yeah - both Eunan O'Kane and Karl Hawley playing in the Premier. Anything is possible in football. Oh, I forgot - it's the Evostik Premier for Hawley ............ :whistle:

Added in 10 minutes 42 seconds:
Bloggy wrote:I see James McQuilkin has signed a short term contract with AFC Telford.
Presumably Olivier Gueguen has returned to France so that just leaves one player from the end of last season who hasn't been mentioned - John Campbell. Anyone know anything abuot him? I know many fans didn't rate him but I thought he had something about him although we have better players than him at Plainmoor this season. I think he would do a job for one of the lower ranked sides in our league - Braintree or Guiseley for example.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I think he went back to Jarrow Roofing, but could be wrong. There was a brief mention in the Non League paper a while back.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats