Oh God, we've signed Yeoman.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Better the devil you know? - Not if that Devil has been here for years and not been able to force his way into the first team.

Got good current form? - Yep, against Galmpton and Dartmouth - probably his level. Why not wait to see how he does against Newport etc before offering ANOTHER contract.

He's cheap? - I'd play for nothing but you wouldn't want me to.

I thought we'd finally got rid and were looking forwards.

Obviously I would love to be proven wrong as it would mean he is banging goals in for us but there is probably a reason he hasn't broken into the first team after so long.

Meh.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

DevonYellow wrote:Better the devil you know? - Not if that Devil has been here for years and not been able to force his way into the first team.
Got good current form? - Yep, against Galmpton and Dartmouth - probably his level. Why not wait to see how he does against Newport etc before offering ANOTHER contract.
He's cheap? - I'd play for nothing but you wouldn't want me to.
I thought we'd finally got rid and were looking forwards.
Obviously I would love to be proven wrong as it would mean he is banging goals in for us but there is probably a reason he hasn't broken into the first team after so long.
Meh.
Well, his problem could have been something to do with the previous managers he had to work with, who, let's face it, did not achieve much success with all the players in their squads. Besides, 'there is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune'. Perhaps, with the new regime at Plainmoor, his tide is now beginning to come in.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The club has nothing to lose here, potentially everything to gain. It's up to Yeoman now, this you feel really is last chance saloon for Ashley Yeoman, it's going to be up to him to finally, once and for all prove what we've been told for season he is ( best finisher at the club) something we never really seen in league games, apart from brief moments, he's got to do it, game in and out.
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

forevertufc wrote:The club has nothing to lose here, potentially everything to gain. It's up to Yeoman now, this you feel really is last chance saloon for Ashley Yeoman, it's going to be up to him to finally, once and for all prove what we've been told for season he is ( best finisher at the club) something we never really seen in league games, apart from brief moments, he's got to do it, game in and out.

:goodpost: we have offered him a prove it contract (6 month) or see you later. Good luck to yeoman
Lucy
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

tomogull wrote:I have no problem with this. We've all seen that Ash has something about him but he has to improve his all round game. Someone must have recommended to Paul Cox that Yeoman should be given a trial - I wonder if it was Dean Edwards? The difficulty for players not regularly in the first team is that they don't get much needed match practice and to develop, they need match practice. I wonder how many competitive games Yeoman played in last season? Not including brief appearances as a sub, I bet it was very few. Good luck to him - perhaps Paul Cox will give him more oppportunities but Ash has to earn those opportunities of course.

Good to see FerrariMatt posting again - it's been quite tame on here without some of his more extreme views ! ;-)
Agree on both counts Tomo (again!). I do find I'm a bit like Wivel with Brucie when you post as I rarely disagree. Matt / Ferrari is certainly missed from the forum as he says things as he sees it (like Brucie another good poster) and if it ruffles a few feathers so what it is a forum and forums are designed for discussion about opposing views. Yeoman? Well I'm not with Matt / Ferrari on his view. I can see something there. I'm just hoping it is going to emerge soon and he will show everybody else! :nod:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Wivel agrees with Stefano (I'd add a wink but I've lost my whotsits !)
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Somehow the lad has to improve his game. He is undoubtedly a natural goal scorer but his general performance level doesn't warrant his inclusion and for that reason he hasn't got a run in the team over the years. People blame it on bad management- were it as simple as that! . Benyon who also was not a great natural footballer got his step up to Swindon by increasing his work rate quite considerably. Some players can do that some can't but he does need to evaluate how he can stay in the team when he is not on a scoring run.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I miss brucie.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

[quote="tomogull"]Wivel agrees with Stefano (I'd add a wink but I've lost my whotsits !)[/quote]

OO eerrr missus..painful
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yeoman had only been on the pitch five mins when he scored the winner at Tivvy easily flatfooting the keeper and waltzing round him. Confident finish
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

wivelgull wrote:I miss brucie.
brucie wrote:Yeoman had only been on the pitch five mins when he scored the winner at Tivvy easily flatfooting the keeper and waltzing round him. Confident finish
As if by magic...
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

I'm pretty happy about this.

I said before Bowman left that it looked a strange deal. Now, with one less established first team striker to leapfrog, he's got every chance of getting his foot in the door. I have always felt if he was given a run of games, he'd do well. Preseason has shown he's hungry for goals. I hope he manages to get that run in the 6 months we've given him and carry on his form.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

No goals today in his first game of pre-season against proper opposition.

I worry his level is a step below where we are now. Hope to be proven wrong but can't see it.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Joined Truro on loan for a month....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »