Season Ticket

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
KlinK
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Season Ticket

Post by KlinK »

"The basis of this change comes down to the new format in which season-tickets will be issued, whereby supporters will be given an individual ticket for each fixture in the schedule. As such, season-ticket books are now a thing in the past.
Read more at http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... SKBoXm1.99"

The above is an extract from the OS.

If I renew my season ticket does anyone know how will I be given an individual ticket for each fixtue in the schedule as I thought this was what a season ticket book achieved?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be honest I don't know how the new season format will work. I'm taking a guess here on reading the article; I suspect you'll be issued with a card perhaps with your season ticket details on it, and maybe you'll have to show that at the ticket office, where by, you'll be issued an individual match ticket.

I know some of the big clubs issue an photo I.D type season ticket card, which you show at the turnstile.
Formerly known as forevertufc
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Another good way of cutting costs.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Out of interest, does anybody have a rough idea on current sales figures? The os has declared the boards delight with the increase in sales but not a mention on numbers.
To the dotted line, We're on our way
WillowsGull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by WillowsGull »

In my opinion the season tickets have never been good value at Torquay, I know at the start of the season that I will probably be out of the area for at least 6 games so I'm better off not bothering. I'd guess there would be a lot of other people with the same issue. If it brought a ticket down to £10 a match it would be worth it, but I'm not buying one at £295 for an early bird on the Popside.

I seem to remember one team up north offering a deal where the more season tickets they sold the cheaper each one became, it looked like a real incentive to get friends to buy one too. Does anyone have any idea how it worked out for them?

Anyone know what the highest number of season tickets that we have ever sold is?
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Will tickets be issued on the day of each match. Or will they all be issued up front for the whole season. Im not clear on this.
TUST MEMBER
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Issuing tickets on the day of the match, for hundreds of people, would be crazy. The whole point of a season ticket is to have a ticket for each match - from what they have said it will be a single card that allows access to each game.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Thats not how it reads on the OS. It states that you will be given an individual ticket for each match.
Personally I think a photocard would have been the best idea. They did that for the Membership Scheme (although they managed to put my brothers name on it instead of mine!) .
Tust member 191
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Mattpuma wrote:Thats not how it reads on the OS. It states that you will be given an individual ticket for each match.
Personally I think a photocard would have been the best idea. They did that for the Membership Scheme (although they managed to put my brothers name on it instead of mine!) .

Thanks Mattpuma that's how I read it also!

If that is the case I guess there will need to be some form of identity.

Not a great idea if that is the case. But if its saving money then see how it works I guess.
TUST MEMBER
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Surely, having to queue to get your individual ticket for each game would be madness. One may as well pay on the gate.

I had been certain that I would not get a season-ticket this year. I missed far too many games, last season, to make it worth my while. If, added to missing games, I have to go and exchange something for an individual ticket each time, then that, for me, just adds an extra reason not to get one.

Therefore, I am waiting for two elements before I decide whether to get a ticket.

1) How the season ticket will actually work
2) How many games the fixture list places on a Tuesday, as I tend not to be able to make those and the likelihood is that there would be more anyway, than originally listed due to cup/postponments etc
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

There is no way any club, not even ours, would make season ticket holders queue for a ticket for each game. There isn't even any advantage to doing that.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

I agree with posters like Hector, it is very unclear as to how this card works - surely if it is to replace the book of season tickets then it would just be shown and scanned at the gate?
Having to queue for a ticket and then queue again to get in is silly .... I find it hard enough walking from the car after I have managed to park, without having to then stand around in a queue waiting to be given a ticket to let me in to the ground somewhere else!

I hope someone from the new group can clarify this - and also whether they have sorted out any disabled parking near to the ground??
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

I will ask for clarification at the Fans' Forum tonight.
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

Thank you Behind - the -Gulls
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes, clarification is needed. As I said on the first reply and I agree with Mattpuma the article does read as season ticket holders will be given an individual match ticket, but the article is confusing.

Issuing people with match tickets for the season in one go, doesn't make a blind bit off sense, just as well continue with the books, asking ST holders to queue up for a match ticket could be off putting for some. For me, as said above the most efficient way to do, would be line with a lot of Premier and Championship clubs that have a season ticket in the form of a photo I.D card, and for Bristow's bench/Family stand the seat number can be included on the card itself.

That would also stop ST holders passing their books to friends while they're away.
Formerly known as forevertufc