Retained list

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with Mr. tommyg. We DO need a hard man; you know, someone like Colin Bettany.
DaveysBarTab
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: none right now

Post by DaveysBarTab »

Hargreaves spot on with retained list. Yeoman prob should be released but like many fans have that small hope that he gets some sort of deal. As he does score goals and hasn't really had a run of games to prove himself in how many years? hah

If harding fails to find a club he may come back to us willing to accept less money.
More importantly, get IVES a pro deal sorted, offer 900 a week it'd be worth it in the long run, give him some clauses so he feels he can get a good club.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

DaveysBarTab wrote:Hargreaves spot on with retained list. Yeoman prob should be released but like many fans have that small hope that he gets some sort of deal. As he does score goals and hasn't really had a run of games to prove himself in how many years? hah

If harding fails to find a club he may come back to us willing to accept less money.
More importantly, get IVES a pro deal sorted, offer 900 a week it'd be worth it in the long run, give him some clauses so he feels he can get a good club.
£900 a week for Ives? If that's your mathematics, it scares me how big your Bar Tab is...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

DaveysBarTab wrote:More importantly, get IVES a pro deal sorted, offer 900 a week it'd be worth it in the long run, give him some clauses so he feels he can get a good club.
:rofl: :rofl: are you some kind of wind up merchant from another club or TU forum ?
Formerly known as forevertufc
Phipsy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Phipsy »

Obviously you think 900 a week would be over the top for Ives.
Well how do you feel about the 150 per week allegedly offered to Lavercombe, which I don't believe,he has signed yet!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Phipsy wrote:Obviously you think 900 a week would be over the top for Ives.
Well how do you feel about the 150 per week allegedly offered to Lavercombe, which I don't believe,he has signed yet!
If that is true, it's insulting. I don't think it can be right because that's actually less than the minimum wage. I've no idea what wages young players command these days but surely he deserves a minimum of £400/£500 per week or am I way out ?
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

I find it hard to believe that Lavercombe figure is right.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Not a chance would he be offered £150 a week. Where is the source for this alleged figure.
Lucy
Phipsy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Phipsy »

It was second hand information .
I didn't believe it and also thought totally insulting, especially as young Dan could be a big money earner for the club in the future.
I hope it's not true but you have to wonder why Dan has yet to sign a contract that I believe has been on the table for a while.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

It made sense perhaps before his run in the first team, but now he is worth far more than that. £300-£400 I think would be a more realistic figure, depending on the amount he's used in the first team next year.
Luke.

nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Seems pretty unlikely that any player has been offered anything as the manager is waiting on the new owners being appointed followed by discussions about a playing budget.
A frustrating senario all round for manager, players and supporters. Let's hope the previously predicted timetable of an announcement is only days away.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

There are players with pretty decent lower league careers playing in League 2 and barely getting £900 pw, to offer such money to Ives would be grade 1 insanity, we only have look at yesterdays news of another plus £500k loss.

Anyone who follows my posts, will have seen me post this on April 13th on the Torquay v Lincoln thread;

the part about finances and low wages is just the cold hard reality of the situation, to make things fit the club will need some young players in the squad on low wages, in fact I've been led to believe that Ives and some of our other young players, and this probably includes Lavercombe, are on, or have been offered, and again including Ives less money than a 17 year old can earn sat on the checkouts in a supermarket.

Click the link, go to near the bottom of page 1 last paragraph of post, there for all to see. http://forum.torquayfans.com/viewtopic. ... 21#p171921

Yes, Phipsy I've been aware of what you've suggested for some time, and I fully believe Ives has been offered a similar figure that you've posted re; Lavercombe, like you can't say it's true, however I do fully believe it to be correct, yes I do think they should be offered more, but £ 400-500 completely unrealistic.

Didn't CH say recently the team on the field which I believe included Downes and possibly Pearce was on an average of £375 pw, and we all of a sudden think the club is going offer two 17 year olds with 25 conference games between them £400 pw, nope that's not going to happen.

Chris Hargreaves himself has said he wants to build a team capable of winning promotion, to that end he needs to attract some high end conference players, if he was to start throwing £400-500 a week at Ives and Lavercombe two good young players with potential and no more than that, CH would guilty of tying his own hands in terms of player budgets, as he wouldn't have much room to make offers to the right type of player we need to push on in this league.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Lord_Torquay
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Lord_Torquay »

How much are the top earners at the club likely to be earning then?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Dave - that included 3 players who were playing for nothing. A high earner in a Torquay squad would be on around £700-£900 a week.
Luke.

Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

cambgull wrote:Dave - that included 3 players who were playing for nothing. A high earner in a Torquay squad would be on around £700-£900 a week.
If you think Bowman and Briscoe would move down here for that, you're living in a dream world. Think 60 to 80k a year and you will be closer.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........