Goodbye Hargreaves

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Does anybody seriously think that any manager would get anywhere with this team?
Sorry Scott, but the answer is, yes they could. Second half game at 1.2 to be fair at the time we're on top and looking the most likely to score, Alan Devonshire makes one substitution, the right change at the right time, turned the possession in their favour, with in minutes it was 1.3 and good night Vienna. the idiot Hargreaves isn't capable of such a thing.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Times up Hargreaves. Step down before you lose any respect we have for you.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Does anybody seriously think that any manager would get anywhere with this team?
The squad is awful, we know that, I thought we'd lose tonight but I didn't think it would be as bad as it was. 5-1 to Braintree at home is inexcusable.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

First half peace was at fault for both apart from that played ok.
Remember this is nearly the same team that went on the unbeaten run
So yes this team needs confidence and young + bowman performing
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

ethantufcbaker wrote:First half peace was at fault for both apart from that played ok.
Remember this is nearly the same team that went on the unbeaten run
So yes this team needs confidence and young + bowman performing
That's a relief. As long as he was only at fault for two goals! ;-)
Last edited by tommyg on 17 Mar 2015, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

As I said if we cannot sack them put Harrop in charge for Saturday - we have to do something, suggesting that Wellings run in is hard is out and out folly.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

We're not going down this season, but we sure are next.

SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by ethantufcbaker »

=D I meant the team played ok
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

brucie wrote:As I said if we cannot sack them put Harrop in charge for Saturday - we have to do something, suggesting that Wellings run in is hard is out and out folly.

Agreed, gardening leave is the option.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by ethantufcbaker »

I'm all for Harrop when we played Morecambe (I Think) he made the team play good football and hot a draw
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

brucie wrote:As I said if we cannot sack them put Harrop in charge for Saturday - we have to do something, suggesting that Wellings run in is hard is out and out folly.
Actually that aint a bad idea! BUT..... next season he wont do it for free so there would still be another wage. I cant see CH resigning and losing a years money, just cant see it. Even if the pressure got really bad and I don't think it will because there wont be many at future games. Its why these rolling contracts are so bloody stupid, you cant actually sack someone because it costs too much.
TUST MEMBER
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes that was the game - his team selection was excellent. We looked solid,played well and should have won but for an undeserved late equaliser.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

When Knill was sacked and Harrop was put in charge, I was there against Morecambe and he played a 4-4-2 diamond which was pretty strange. But it was a really dominant performance from us that we should have won 2/3-0 had it not been for Bodin missing 1 on 1s, then Morecambe scored a longshot at the end from Robbie Threlfall.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by ethantufcbaker »

OllieGull wrote:When Knill was sacked and Harrop was put in charge, I was there against Morecambe and he played a 4-4-2 diamond which was pretty strange. But it was a really dominant performance from us that we should have won 2/3-0 had it not been for Bodin missing 1 on 1s, then Morecambe scored a longshot at the end from Robbie Threlfall.
Remember that gave now actually and he was clapping with the chants
It can't be any worse than what we got now can it...?
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

People will (and have started) voting with their feet. It's all good saying we can't afford to sack Hargreaves, but two gates now of 1,200 and 1,100 will hurt us financially and I'm expecting people to stay away on Saturday too.

I'm pretty sure Hargreaves won't resign, but defeats to home defeats to Telford, Chester, and now 5-1 to Braintree, it's hard to defend why Hargreaves should stay.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!