Rendell and Benyon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

TeenageGull wrote: It's not really there job to tell us tbh

Need to ring the club and ask for the club Press Officer, I think her name is Clair Voyant,she keeps me well informed.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

stefano wrote: Drifting around in circles without a rudder or anybody that can read a map! That's what happens when the crew throw the skipper overboard and the First Mate takes charge. ;-)
Because, of course, under Knill, we right on course, weren't we? The fact is, the ship was sinking under Knill.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

People are suggesting the club use the budget more wisely but is the much of a budget? Just maybe Stevens and Rendell are bodies to be brought in, who can perhaps do a job if they are needed. I cannot imagine, that for a player who cannot find a club, Stevens is costing very much at all, so maybe, if he can come off the bench and in one game earn us three points, his minuscule wage may be worthwhile. I suspect these two are more cover than first team starters. If the latter, then I would be worried.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Rendell got 9 in 18 in a recent loan spell. Why is everybody writing him off? Benyon never scores.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Rjc70 wrote:Rendell got 9 in 18 in a recent loan spell. Why is everybody writing him off? Benyon never scores.

dont talk wet.

hes scored 2.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

I take it all back.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

hector wrote: Because, of course, under Knill, we right on course, weren't we? The fact is, the ship was sinking under Knill.
The bad news is that having been cast adrift by the crew he has been picked up and rescued by an enemy warship, where he is right now planning the sinking and destruction of our little schooner.

Bury your head in the sand and pretend everything is fine if you want to (but wait until the tide goes out) ;-)
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Regarding the appointment of Knill at Northampton, it will be interesting to see who they recruit in the next few days as it will give us an idea as to how much influence he has in the new management team there, working with Chris Wilder. Would anybody be that surprised to see them recruit the likes of Labadie when his loan runs out with us, or to sign O'Connor before the deadline closes on Friday, or even prise Marquis away from Millwall, never mind dragging Mozika back from France, because I wouldn't be! :@ Of course, if he were to come back for Hawley :whistle:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No wouldn't really be suprised if any of that happened - mind you we have always got Dale Tonge as back up and on the other flank we will have Nico and Stevens :O
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The only reason why Knill will contact Hawley is to ask for Labadie's phone number.

Can see him sniffing for Labadie and suspect Mozika is on the Eurostar as we talk.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

nickbrod wrote:I know the HE has reported the signings of Rendell and Stevens but have they? Nothing official has appeared on the club website and neither appear in the BBC website transfer news.
So what is the real story?
If they have joined there is going to be a very interesting retained list come the end of the season.
Neither has signed yet-still in negotiations.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Thanks I've just seen this from the HE online. I didn't think they had signed and so wouldn't have figured last night had the match been played.
Seems strange that talks are ongoing; either they are signed or they aren't. Maybe Chris H is having second thoughts as he only has until Friday to strengthen the squad - the clock is ticking.
For how much longer do we have Labadie? Labadie or Harding? I think I know which I would prefer.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Or perhaps someone at the club has told him how crap Stevens really is. Now that we have signed this other Millwall bloke, perhaps Rendell isn't going to happen - we would have to build a bigger subs bench for all the players not getting a game.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

There wiil be certainly plenty of players kicking their heels on match days wondering what was the point in training all week! Also where is the money to pay all these players?
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

kevgull wrote:
Need to ring the club and ask for the club Press Officer, I think her name is Clair Voyant,she keeps me well informed.
:rofl:
TUST member 077