Rendell and Benyon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowarmygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Andy Gurney
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowarmygull »

I do agree with the signings appearing to look like a last chance gamble by Hargreaves but he does know what they are like having played with them and they have both played at a decent level. I think the one thing that should be guaranteed with these signings is hungry players as having been without a club or back in the conference this will surely be their last throw of the dice in terms of being a pro in league football. Age and ability are on their side but question marks over fitness and form in a short period of time are a worry...
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

More important than the quality, fitness and form of individual players in this relegation battle is attitude, commitment, determination, team spirit and morale, combined with the manager's motivation of the team and tactics and formations for each game, and the full support of the fans at every game. Given that there's very little to choose between most teams this season, it will all come down to who wants it more, and who has given up and succumbed to the inevitable.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Mozika wanted a longer deal thats why he left, the club offered a deal until the end of season and were then going to reveiw it if he stayed injury free, sensible option I think seeing that he came to us on the back of a career threating injury.
as for rendall and stevens I think we shold trust chrishargreaves and his judgements.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

And when every team is chock full of players who really, really want to stay up, what then? I'll tell you what, it's talent. Why does Wayne Rooney play in the Premier League, while Benyon plays in L2? No one could try harder than Bennerz, yet he's three divisions (and about £300,000/week) worse off than Rooney. The only answer is that it's talent.
These two are either going to sit on the bench wasting their time, or they're going to keep out of the squad a couple of better players. Either way, they're not the signings we need (if what quite a lot of history tells us is still correct).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I think Chris Hargreaves is trying to ensure that in each match his team give 110% to a man.

He is banking on team spirit as he knows most teams in the bottom half have very similar ability.

He will put out a team that will do anything to win for the cause. I for one will back him all the way. Let us all hope the football gods will grant us a little more luck. We are going to need it!!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Well said port.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

portugull wrote:I think Chris Hargreaves is trying to ensure that in each match his team give 110% to a man.

He is banking on team spirit as he knows most teams in the bottom half have very similar ability.

He will put out a team that will do anything to win for the cause. I for one will back him all the way. Let us all hope the football gods will grant us a little more luck. We are going to need it!!
well thats great.

im all for"team spirit" but how do you think that the team/squad members are going to feel when they see two players who have done nothing or very little since they left here, get picked in front of them?

oh aye, it will do wonders for that.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Wait and see. Let us try not to pre judge team selection.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ferrarilover wrote:And when every team is chock full of players who really, really want to stay up, what then? I'll tell you what, it's talent. Why does Wayne Rooney play in the Premier League, while Benyon plays in L2? No one could try harder than Bennerz, yet he's three divisions (and about £300,000/week) worse off than Rooney. The only answer is that it's talent.
These two are either going to sit on the bench wasting their time, or they're going to keep out of the squad a couple of better players. Either way, they're not the signings we need (if what quite a lot of history tells us is still correct).
Matt.
Of course talent and ability play their part, but so much depends upon the manager instilling team spirit and motivating his players, individually and as a team, to give of their best, at the same time as utilising those talents and abilities to the best advantage in his tactics and game plans. Not all managers have the same degree of ability in these respects, and not all managers have any kind of decent budget to work with. It remains to be seen at the end of the season whether all these different factors have combined to produce the desired goal (no pun intended)..
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by NA Gull »

I am not overly pleased with the signings but will see what happens. They are joining until the end of the season, Stevens will be cheap.

As with all signings I will judge on what they do on the pitch, not what they have done under previous managers.

We shall see. I hope that one of them scores the winning goal that keeps us up!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I know the HE has reported the signings of Rendell and Stevens but have they? Nothing official has appeared on the club website and neither appear in the BBC website transfer news.
So what is the real story?
If they have joined there is going to be a very interesting retained list come the end of the season.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

This is what I don't understand - have the club actually said anywhere that Mozika has actually left - supporting Torquay is just a guessing game.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Stevens and Rendall are not the answer, we should be using our budget more wisely. After tonight's results we are still favourites for relegation.

One proven play maker or striker in the loan window would be my wish.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

brucie wrote:This is what I don't understand - have the club actually said anywhere that Mozika has actually left - supporting Torquay is just a guessing game.
It's not really there job to tell us tbh
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

TeenageGull wrote: It's not really there job to tell us tbh
What??????????

It's not the clubs job to tell us when a player leaves??

Who is supposed to tell us then?!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com