New Third Kit Announced

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Overpriced T-Shirt................
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Gullscorer wrote::-o Bloody awful..!! Looks just as effeminate as the yellow/white shirts.. :(

love it! :-D :clap: :bow: :~D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chunkygull wrote:
love it! :-D :clap: :bow: :~D
you would say that chunk.

you loser.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

It seems strange that this kit is only released now when it has been listed on the Football Manager game as our 3rd kit and I initially thought the game was making it up, so this shirt has obviously been around for a few weeks at least.

Incidentally, Football Manager has our kit wrong with blue shorts and seems to have yellow shorts and socks for the away kit, though that may be because of a clash.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

hector wrote:It seems strange that this kit is only released now when it has been listed on the Football Manager game as our 3rd kit and I initially thought the game was making it up, so this shirt has obviously been around for a few weeks at least.

Incidentally, Football Manager has our kit wrong with blue shorts and seems to have yellow shorts and socks for the away kit, though that may be because of a clash.
sounds to me like football manager have got our home kit right, because thats the colour shorts it should have been. they obviously looked at their information and thought, "no that cant be right, nobody in their right mind would put white shorts and socks with that shirt, surely the shorts must be blue!" :whistle:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

just in time for Christmas presents ? Or do you mean why do the team need a 3rd strip ?
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

We heard you first time...

Probably a FL requirement that teams have three kits. We have released ours now and, as usual, it has been received with scorn where absolutely none is necessary.

Standard TUFC fans.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

I do not think it is a requirement that we have three kits - after all, we did not last season and I do think it is unnecessary that Torquay have a 3rd kit, especially a further blue one but ultimately, nobody has to buy it. I don't mind it - it might go on my Christmas list.

Because we now have white - well mainly white, in our home kit, it offers more opportunities for a clash than last year's all yellow.

Although it probably wouldn't, it could be deemed a clash with the white stripes in Exeter's kit.

So, how many times would we need to change our kit...not really very many, let alone change from the away kit if there was a clash.

I wonder, however, if it is accidental or by design, but the colour scheme does bear a resemblance to our first ever kit http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Torquay ... United.htm
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I love the idea that you might have a Christmas list. I can see you, writing your letter to Santa and faithfully mailing it off every year.*

Matt.

*this is a lie. I actually picture you refusing Bob Cratchit an extra piece of coal, but it's nice to be nice. o:)
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

oh sorry, Edd; think you might be on the wrong forum ! This one is for Torquay fans ! I can see that you're not ! I'm looking forward to my 90 minutes of unentertaining dross this afternoon after my hour's journey to get there; nothing compared with Sir B'stard, but still a considerable committment ! I don't think I'll be buying the 3rd kit, but I don't object to the Club producing it !What a funny person you are ! :) :scarf:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Well said
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:I love the idea that you might have a Christmas list. I can see you, writing your letter to Santa and faithfully mailing it off every year.*

Matt.

*this is a lie. I actually picture you refusing Bob Cratchit an extra piece of coal, but it's nice to be nice. o:)
You can email them, these days :)
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Has anyone bought this? If so, what is like?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

[quote="hector"]Has anyone bought this? If so, what is like?[/quote]

:Z
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.