Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

Hi Andrew, congratulations on the Season Ticket Sales, excellent job. The new membership scheme may well have a subscriber from Thailand in the near future, tho I don't think I'll get to any games next term.

I know some of my ideas have "stretched" the logistical possibilities at TUFC tho I hope over time some of them might get taken up as I know they will work and produce results medium to long term. However, here's a small revenue stream idea for you. I mentioned it to Tim last september but now it might be more possible. Bristows Bench is a fitting and and fine tribute to our benefactor Mr Bristow. It got me to thinking that rather than just have boring seat numbers allocated to STH's and attendees, why not let them name the seat after a favourite player, manager or even themslves. A STH could have his name permanently recorded in the Bench. Or a previous hero could sponsor his own seat or fan nominate his fave. For example, if I was going to sponsor a seat it would be Derek "The Dude" Dawkins, that would forever be the "Dudes" seat. Or The "Dave Caldwell", "Steve Cooper", "Kevin Hill", "Les Lawrence" the list is almost endless. I'm sure a good number of out previous stars would be only too happy to sponsor their own seat. I'm sure it's not just me but if i was sat in the Bench on the Frank O'Farrell sponsored seat I would have that little extra puff of the chest.

Offer the sponsorship at a "one-off" 100 quid. A thousand seats to be named, Q thro to Y. The sponsor gets a framed, signed if possible picture of their hero. If they are sponsoring themselves then I'm sure they won't mind not having one. The seat would be appropriately stencilled with the name. Of course they would still retain numbers for the H&S stazi to drool over.

It might take a while for the full 1000 to get taken up but if it's pushed to STH's and publicised properly I think it would have a high take up, not least from previous players wishing to show their affection for the club.

1000 x 100 quid = 100,000 in the bucket.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

DTG wrote:Hi Andrew, congratulations on the Season Ticket Sales, excellent job. The new membership scheme may well have a subscriber from Thailand in the near future, tho I don't think I'll get to any games next term.

I know some of my ideas have "stretched" the logistical possibilities at TUFC tho I hope over time some of them might get taken up as I know they will work and produce results medium to long term. However, here's a small revenue stream idea for you. I mentioned it to Tim last september but now it might be more possible. Bristows Bench is a fitting and and fine tribute to our benefactor Mr Bristow. It got me to thinking that rather than just have boring seat numbers allocated to STH's and attendees, why not let them name the seat after a favourite player, manager or even themslves. A STH could have his name permanently recorded in the Bench. Or a previous hero could sponsor his own seat or fan nominate his fave. For example, if I was going to sponsor a seat it would be Derek "The Dude" Dawkins, that would forever be the "Dudes" seat. Or The "Dave Caldwell", "Steve Cooper", "Kevin Hill", "Les Lawrence" the list is almost endless. I'm sure a good number of out previous stars would be only too happy to sponsor their own seat. I'm sure it's not just me but if i was sat in the Bench on the Frank O'Farrell sponsored seat I would have that little extra puff of the chest.

Offer the sponsorship at a "one-off" 100 quid. A thousand seats to be named, Q thro to Y. The sponsor gets a framed, signed if possible picture of their hero. If they are sponsoring themselves then I'm sure they won't mind not having one. The seat would be appropriately stencilled with the name. Of course they would still retain numbers for the H&S stazi to drool over.

It might take a while for the full 1000 to get taken up but if it's pushed to STH's and publicised properly I think it would have a high take up, not least from previous players wishing to show their affection for the club.

1000 x 100 quid = 100,000 in the bucket.

great idea mate. :clap:

i would be keen to sponsor a seat. and when you think that most posters on here have a fave player on their profile, im sure a fair few would cough up.
and if there is more than one fan of a particular player, they get their name on more seats!
of course mine would have to be Andy Provan!
although NickGulls "Gone" might be struggling!!!!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

We could recognise the impact that the one and only Mo Camara had with a well deserved seat as a tribute to the former Torquay United legend!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by DTG »

Have to be at least 3 seats for Camaras arse!!
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by DTG »

The more I think about it, wouldn't you just love to have the "Rodney Rodders Jack"? Imagine the famous Cyril team all in one row? Permanent honour and testimony to heroes in a stand built to honour our own. Makes you tingle!
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

Is there a Row Z? If so, let's put Carl Priso there.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Richinns wrote:We could recognise the impact that the one and only Mo Camara had with a well deserved seat as a tribute to the former Torquay United legend!

he could only have one if we could plug it into the mains supply.................... =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

happytorq wrote:Is there a Row Z? If so, let's put Carl Priso there.
i'd have said ZZ. but then again im harsh.

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

DTG wrote:Have to be at least 3 seats for Camaras arse!!
By this method, we'd need to reserve at least two rows for Eyesdown Christie.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Brilliant idea naming seats! I'd sponsor one for Micky!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
SkyBlueGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SkyBlueGull »

A great idea but in my view there should only be 1 seat named for a torquay legend

If more than one person wants the "Kevin Hill" seat than it is auctioned and released to the highest bidder

I would rather there were - for example - 100 seats named individually with 100 Torquay legends rather than 90 seats named "Kevin Hill" and 10 assorted.

( And before anyone nitpicks - I don't mean a player called "assorted" - I mean 10 other players)
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

ferrarilover wrote:Could it be resurrected?

Matt.
I wouldn't think so now - everyone is too old to play and have moved on in life!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

If only those who played before weren't the only people on Earth...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Hey Andy, I ordered my season ticket over the phone during the early bird period, and have still not received a confirmation email as I was told I would. Is there any way I can check that my ticket has been definitely booked, is it even anything worth worrying about? Sorry to take your time.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi Brooker,
The email will be sent out when the season ticket books are ready for collection, probably near the end of June at the latest. If you do not hear anything by then let me know and I will sort it out for you so no need to panic at this stage.
Regards,
Andrew