Bath Away jan 19th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Plainmoor72
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Plainmoor72 »

Btw just to say not a ticket tout! To try to reassure yas... First TUFC game v MUFC 72 (featuring all the great team except Georgie B). Fav players of past incl: Twitch, Peter Coffill & Clint Boulton. More recent Tim Sills. Currently... whole team! Was at all Wembley games, Old Trafford (what a lousey day that was!)... also great away days of past including Deano hat tricks at Shots & Northampton, Roots Hall promotion day & 5-5 at FGR. Regularly travel to Plainmoor from Cheltenham for home games, also been to Gloucester (Evesham), Weston, Hungerford... was busy with work this week and totally unexpected to miss out on Bath tickets. Really upsetting although fantastic that we’ve got such a big crowd going. Anyway, if anyone does find they have any spare tickets, please let me know.
If this reads as a bit desperate... YEP! 😏
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

3528 Twerton Park licensed capacity. (Bath o/s). Do they really think that no gulls fans will get in with the home supporters?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Plainmoor72 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 22:57 Btw just to say not a ticket tout! To try to reassure yas... First TUFC game v MUFC 72 (featuring all the great team except Georgie B). Fav players of past incl: Twitch, Peter Coffill & Clint Boulton. More recent Tim Sills. Currently... whole team! Was at all Wembley games, Old Trafford (what a lousey day that was!)... also great away days of past including Deano hat tricks at Shots & Northampton, Roots Hall promotion day & 5-5 at FGR. Regularly travel to Plainmoor from Cheltenham for home games, also been to Gloucester (Evesham), Weston, Hungerford... was busy with work this week and totally unexpected to miss out on Bath tickets. Really upsetting although fantastic that we’ve got such a big crowd going. Anyway, if anyone does find they have any spare tickets, please let me know.
If this reads as a bit desperate... YEP! 😏
Have you read the previous page ?
RB2019 has two spare tickets, pm him & you may be lucky.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

I think the fact that Twerton Park is only licensed to hold 3.5k fans when the stadium can in theory hold double that should have been made clearer earlier.

Some people have not bothered booking tickets ( I very nearly didn't) thinking it will be a dead cert to get a ticket at the turnstile but now this information has come out and all the tickets are gone.

Poor really from Bath - they've been very good with customer service etc but this is absolutely key information they've only told everyone at the 11th hour. A massive shame because I think we could bring 2500 fans.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Midlandgull wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 10:12 I think the fact that Twerton Park is only licensed to hold 3.5k fans when the stadium can in theory hold double that should have been made clearer earlier.

Some people have not bothered booking tickets ( I very nearly didn't) thinking it will be a dead cert to get a ticket at the turnstile but now this information has come out and all the tickets are gone.

Poor really from Bath - they've been very good with customer service etc but this is absolutely key information they've only told everyone at the 11th hour. A massive shame because I think we could bring 2500 fans.
I think we were all under the impression it held over 8000, it definitely should have been disclosed as soon as tickets went on sale.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

Agreed Grockle. I wonder if they can be granted extra capacity (even just for a one off) on the license at this late stage?

It's left me feeling a bit sour as I know we have many fellow gulls who don't know if they can get in now.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Midlandgull wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 10:12 I think the fact that Twerton Park is only licensed to hold 3.5k fans when the stadium can in theory hold double that should have been made clearer earlier.

Have to disagree. They stated that there would only be 1450 tickets for Gulls fans straight way - so why take the risk?
As an aside, you could go in the home end anyway.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Rjc70 wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 21:12 I think people get put off by having to book in advance. [highlight=yellow]They would have got 1500, but by doing this I doubt they’ll sell 1000 for their open terrace[/highlight]. Up to them if they don’t want the money, I suppose.
Er....... :whistle:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 10:58 Have to disagree. They stated that there would only be 1450 tickets for Gulls fans straight way - so why take the risk?
As an aside, you could go in the home end anyway.....
They did indeed - but most people thought the ground is 8k capacity so worst case I'll go in the home end and get near to the away end. Bath have reasonable gates of around 900, it'll be higher for this game for home fans, so it certainly leaves it tight for anyone turning up on the day.

Why couldn't they just say, it's 1450 tickets for TUFC and the reason is we can only legally hold 3.5k fans...job done.

I've got a ticket so it is fine, I'm just annoyed for other fans because I reckon we could have about 2500 in the away end if it was set up to do so.
Harlock000
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Reid

Post by Harlock000 »

RB2019 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 18:24 Hi - I now have 2 spare standing tickets in the away end for Saturday. Only looking for face value for them - available for collection from Paignton or at the ground on the day. Pm me if interested!

Hi are these still available?
Harlock000
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Reid

Post by Harlock000 »

Hi,I'm looking for 2 tickets for the away end? Anyone please?
RB2019
Trialist
Trialist

Post by RB2019 »

Harlock000 wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 12:48

Hi are these still available?
sorry - have just offered to Plainmoor72 as he shouted first. Will give you a shout if that falls through for any reason!
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Harlock000 wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 12:49 Hi,I'm looking for 2 tickets for the away end? Anyone please?
ive got three tickets... offers around £1000!!!

:whistle:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

It is pay on the gate for the rest of the stadium.
Bath average roughly 900 ( c 750 last home game ) + 1450 tufc tickets sold = 2350 leaving 1150 legal spaces left to sell.
I as well as the knowledgeable Merse don't see a problems occurring if you gain entry to the ' home ' sections & behave in a respectable grown up manner, unless anybody has an intention of acting a tw@t the game should pass off with out incident !! And if anybody does start acting up surely there will be enough grown ups around to nip the situation in the bud.
Go & support the Gulls with pride & passion , but feckin behave, simp!e innit ?
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Teigngull wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 12:59 Go & support the Gulls with pride & passion , but feckin behave, simp!e innit ?
This.

Let's not have any scenes like the last time we played at Trumpton. To say it was embarrassing for the club's reputation is an understatement. If you want to throw anything, just follow Teigngull's example, and make it a HISSY FIT! :lol:

Cannot wait for Saturday. Should be a brilliant atmosphere and let's just show these Northerners how it's done! :scarf:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''