What is required

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Its almost impossible to stay up now. Three things happened yesterday, we lost, two of our strikers got red carded, Solihull won.
Our defeat is the least of these because we still have enough games to go safe, but Solihull have made it more difficult by increasing the gap between us and safety. But the biggest blow is the red cards with Healy and romain looking at three match bans we will be down before they are available again.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Five wins may be enough.
If against the odds we manage to be Fylde then the next three games are winnable, even with players suspended. Ebbsfleet will probably be out of play off hope by the last game so have nothing to play for.
Tuesday night is key. Win that and there is still hope.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 11:39But the biggest blow is the red cards with Healy and romain looking at three match bans we will be down before they are available again.
Healy: two bookings = a one match ban; not appealable
Romain: stright red = a 3 match ban unless he has already been sent off once before this season, then it's four; or if twice it would be five...appealable but risking an extra game for frivolous abuse of the appeal system. Might as well go for that to be honest. I don' know what the TV footage will suggest, but from my vantage point on the other side; it looked a nailed on sending off offence as he extended his leg as he made the challenge straightening it before making contact with the sole of his foot.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

At least we still have Reid to fill in for Romain.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

What is required.A new owner ,manager, and a completely new set of players would be a start
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

4 games left with a maximum of 12 points available. Presuming we win them all, will take us to 49 points.

If my maths is correct, if Woking win on Saturday (taking them to 48 points) and we lose, we’re down.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Oil Beef Hooked wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 09:03 4 games left with a maximum of 12 points available. Presuming we win them all, will take us to 49 points.

If my maths is correct, if Woking win on Saturday (taking them to 48 points) and we lose, we’re down.
......... or even if we draw. :'(
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

greb46 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 06:30 What is required.A new owner ,manager, and a completely new set of players would be a start
:goodpost:
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

What is required -

1. Torquay win our last four games

And two of the following five to occur:

I. Woking have to win no more than one of their last three games (that's actually not unlikely).
2. Barrow win only one of their last five games. (very unlikely)
3. One of Maidstone, Solihull or Hartlepool pick up no than one more point from their last three / four games. (very unlikely)
(I haven't bothered to mention the effect of draws as it's academic anyway).

So lets start looking up the way to Hungerford Town & Canvey Island.

I don't really fancy a final day where a highly unlikely set of results would keep us up, so lets not bother to win the next three - lose to Halifax and start planning for regional football.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

We have employed a manager who with the very best backing from the hapless Harrop and Osbourne has contrived to (almost) relegate TUFC to Conference South football. Ironically Owers is already offering contracts to players who can not consistently play to his coaching methods!
To my knowledge Owers has not been in charge of a Promoted team however we ( Harrop and Osbourne) intend to gamble next years Professional footballing budget on Owers achieving this monumental task.

Sack him the moment we get relegated before he does any further damage to our great clubs history!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

To sack a manager under contact for two years and depending if they put a relegation clause in it could cost £ a lot of money.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

arcadia wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 21:53 To sack a manager under contact for two years and depending if they put a relegation clause in it could cost £ a lot of money.
You mean like they did with the last incumbents with the added addition of paying a NLS club compensation for our current incompetent incumbent .
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

standupsitdown wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 20:49 What is required -

I. Woking have to win no more than one of their last three games (that's actually not unlikely).
3. One of Maidstone, Solihull or Hartlepool pick up no than one more point from their last three / four games. (very unlikely)

I don't really fancy a final day where a highly unlikely set of results would keep us up, so lets not bother to win the next three - lose to Halifax and start planning for regional football.
I didn't realise we still have a chance of survival :slap:
Lucy
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

There’s more chance of my wife growing a pair of bollocks without any medical intervention, then there is of us staying up.

We’ve pretty much been down since the first game of the season.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

standupsitdown wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 20:49 What is required -

you will need to look up where Gloucester City play too given that they are a fair way from Gloucester now. just on the edge of Evesham. fortunatly the south side, on the A46
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843