The Gaming International Files

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Oh Fer Christ Sake wrote:My word, don't people have short memories!

It wasn't even a decade ago that the club was sold to a shyster. I, for one, am delighted that all parties are taking their time and doing everything they can to ensure that what is obviously a major upheaval is as thoroughly well researched as is possible BEFORE any takeover is complete.

Imagine the hell which would ensue is we rushed through the purchase (for no gain other than keeping the gossip hungry public at bay) only for Torbay Council to poo-poo any plans for a new ground, thereby making the whole investment pointless for GI and forcing them to sell for a quid to someone, anyone, at the earliest opportunity. Imagine who would end up with the reigns then.

If this grand plan for Old Trafford Of The Westcountry is going to fall in its arse, I'd be f**king grateful if it went that way before GI took over, not after.
That's all well and good, but if the takeover is dependant on a new ground, they haven't even applied for planning permission yet (or at least, it hasn't been published yet). It is high time we fans were given some information about what is going on. We're not gossip hungry public - we are concerned supporters who care about the future of our club.
Oh Fer Christ Sake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courteney Richards

Post by Oh Fer Christ Sake »

With the extremely tight bilateral confidentiality agreement having been signed, what can be announced publically at this stage will be little more than, 'things are progressing.' We already know this, because this is what we were told last time and nothing has changed.

As to planning permission; we're not talking about a naff conservatory on the back of some ex-council shithole. This is a massive project involving hugely complex project management, public consultation, drafting and redrafting of plans and probably some sort of financial leveraging. What with you lot (both geographically and age-wise) deciding to vote for racism and recession, I wouldn't be shocked if this had thrown a spanner in the works.

The Chairman is a good chap. If he could say something, he would. If the deal was in the tank and he could safely publically lambast a gaggle of shysters, he would. If he could cheerfully announce a multi-million pound deal to an adoring public, he would. Since he hasn't, he can't. Since he can't, half a dozen arseholes whinging about 'not being kept informed' (about a thing which, by the way, we have no right to information) isn't going to make the blindest bit of difference whether they whinge online or at the AGM.

When there's something that the Board can tell us, they'll tell us. Until then, put it to the back of your mind and look forward to the season ahead with the bloody magnificent signings Nico has managed to secure.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Oh Fer Christ Sake I find you post very offensive. Saying all those that voted to leave the EU voted for Racism is out of order. Grow up and get your facts right.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Oh Fer Christ Sake wrote: What with you lot (both geographically and age-wise) deciding to vote for racism and recession, I wouldn't be shocked if this had thrown a spanner in the works.
Bit of stereotyping there really. I am 64 and voted 'Remain'. Whilst I still believe I voted the right way for the future prosperity of the country, that was not the way the vote went so we now have to pull together to make it work. Whilst I am sure the 'Leave' side would have attracted people with racist views, it is obvious that not all people who voted 'Leave' hold racist views. Most of my close friends voted 'Leave' and they are intelligent and articulate people with no racist views, with sovereignty and democracy being the main issues they voted that way on (they were in the minority in my particular voting area as we were the only part of rural Devon to record a majority 'Remain' vote).

However I get your point, it was just the way you put it. Business likes certainty and confidence, and we have neither at the moment. We as a country have no leadership and the opposition have imploded just at the time we really need an effective opposition. So yes GI, like thousands of other businesses, will be considering whether it is viable to continue with previously planned investment in view of the current political and economic situation.

We as football fans like to know the detail of issues that affect our football club, but as you rightly pointed out business deals do not work like that. Worrying times (but then again so was the 3 day week, inflation at 15%, rubbish piling up in the streets, the Balkans war, and the Army putting out fires and rescuing cats from trees, and all that happened when we were in the EU).
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Oh Fer Christ Sake wrote:With the extremely tight bilateral confidentiality agreement having been signed, what can be announced publically at this stage will be little more than, 'things are progressing.' We already know this, because this is what we were told last time and nothing has changed.

As to planning permission; we're not talking about a naff conservatory on the back of some ex-council shithole. This is a massive project involving hugely complex project management, public consultation, drafting and redrafting of plans and probably some sort of financial leveraging. What with you lot (both geographically and age-wise) deciding to vote for racism and recession, I wouldn't be shocked if this had thrown a spanner in the works.

The Chairman is a good chap. If he could say something, he would. If the deal was in the tank and he could safely publically lambast a gaggle of shysters, he would. If he could cheerfully announce a multi-million pound deal to an adoring public, he would. Since he hasn't, he can't. Since he can't, half a dozen arseholes whinging about 'not being kept informed' (about a thing which, by the way, we have no right to information) isn't going to make the blindest bit of difference whether they whinge online or at the AGM.

When there's something that the Board can tell us, they'll tell us. Until then, put it to the back of your mind and look forward to the season ahead with the bloody magnificent signings Nico has managed to secure.
All of which is nonsense, if either party wanted to inform the fans of the current state of negotiations they could, they simply don't want to. It's not as though revealing what is happening is going to give away information that will allow another company to swoop in there and steal the stadium opportunity away from them, there isn't going to be another company even remotely interested in the idea, hell many people have even called into doubt the potential for a revenue driving stadium so close to a housing development anyway - and there isn't another site for a stadium in the Bay other than Clennon Valley or building off the bypass and each would be hugely controversial.

I don't think anyone is under the opinion that it's Dave Phillips deliberately hiding the information, it's very clearly Gaming International but if they cared about the fans at all or were in this for the long haul they would be feeding us information, which as already mentioned they well could. Even if it's minor information it'd change fan perception and atmosphere. The fact that they won't and they aren't tells us everything about what the company's intentions for the club are and is a key driver of the increasing fan unrest and suspicion of their activities. A few good signings only calms down the atmosphere for a brief period before the GI rumours start emerging again.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular

Post by SenorDingDong »

SenorDingDong wrote:
All of which is nonsense, if either party wanted to inform the fans of the current state of negotiations they could, they simply don't want to. It's not as though revealing what is happening is going to give away information that will allow another company to swoop in there and steal the stadium opportunity away from them, there isn't going to be another company even remotely interested in the idea, hell many people have even called into doubt the potential for a revenue driving stadium so close to a housing development anyway - and there isn't another site for a stadium in the Bay other than Clennon Valley or building off the bypass and each would be hugely controversial.

I don't think anyone is under the opinion that it's Dave Phillips deliberately hiding the information, it's very clearly Gaming International but if they cared about the fans at all or were in this for the long haul they would be feeding us information, which as already mentioned they well could. Nearly every major stadium development is covered in the local media in intense detail - look at the extensive coverage of Bristol Rovers' stadium deal, which hasn't even broken ground yet. You just sign a non-compete with the local council that they can't discuss a stadium development with another developer until negotiations have concluded one way or the other. Even if it's minor information it'd change fan perception and atmosphere. The fact that they won't and they aren't tells us everything about what the company's intentions for the club are and is a key driver of the increasing fan unrest and suspicion of their activities. A few good signings only calms down the atmosphere for a brief period before the GI rumours start emerging again.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

tomogull wrote: Yes, that's exactly what I thought. I thought the Cary Estate covenant for the land to be used for recreational purposes only was still in place. I hadn't read that Cary Estate were prepared to sell the land for housing. Now you've got me really worried, P'moor78 ! :(
Torbay Council will pick and choose which covenants they will adhere to and which they will run roughshod over. The Italian Garden on the sea front on which the balloon was sited had a covenant on it and was land that had been granted to the people by the Cary estate. The Cary estate did not have the funds to fight the Council who destroyed the garden and put the balloon there - and the rest is history.
Oh Fer Christ Sake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Forest gull wrote:Oh Fer Christ Sake I find you post very offensive.
Unlucky.
Oh Fer Christ Sake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

SenorDingDong wrote: All of which is nonsense, if either party wanted to inform the fans of the current state of negotiations they could, they simply don't want to. It's not as though revealing what is happening is going to give away information that will allow another company to swoop in there and steal the stadium opportunity away from them, there isn't going to be another company even remotely interested in the idea, hell many people have even called into doubt the potential for a revenue driving stadium so close to a housing development anyway - and there isn't another site for a stadium in the Bay other than Clennon Valley or building off the bypass and each would be hugely controversial.

I don't think anyone is under the opinion that it's Dave Phillips deliberately hiding the information, it's very clearly Gaming International but if they cared about the fans at all or were in this for the long haul they would be feeding us information, which as already mentioned they well could. Nearly every major stadium development is covered in the local media in intense detail - look at the extensive coverage of Bristol Rovers' stadium deal, which hasn't even broken ground yet. You just sign a non-compete with the local council that they can't discuss a stadium development with another developer until negotiations have concluded one way or the other. Even if it's minor information it'd change fan perception and atmosphere. The fact that they won't and they aren't tells us everything about what the company's intentions for the club are and is a key driver of the increasing fan unrest and suspicion of their activities. A few good signings only calms down the atmosphere for a brief period before the GI rumours start emerging again.
Of course it's nonsense. Of course we're being lied to. Of course there's no confidentiality agreement. Of course of course of course.

Or perhaps not.

I've given you facts, you've said my facts are nonsense and then given tinfoil hat jibberish. I've no doubt which side the general readership of this website will fall on. For this reason, I'm out. Good luck in the future.
greyhound racer

Post by greyhound racer »

do not trust these people, they have shafted greyhound racing for years see more at http://www.greyhoundscene.co.uk
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Oh Fer Christ Sake wrote:
I've given you facts, you've said my facts are nonsense and then given tinfoil hat jibberish. I've no doubt which side the general readership of this website will fall on. For this reason, I'm out. Good luck in the future.
You can't do that (""") just because somebody disagrees with you. If that were the case I would have gone years ago!

*** Of course 'can't' is wrong as you can. Maybe shouldn't would be better? ;-)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

greyhound racer wrote:do not trust these people, they have shafted greyhound racing for years see more at http://www.greyhoundscene.co.uk
There are some massively worrying posts being made on TFF after fans poked into their greyhound racing background:
i was admin of greyhound racings biggest forum www.greyhoundscene.co.uk im also a season ticket holder at west ham and follow my adopted hometown club colchester united,i dont like to see any football club get shafted,i was alerted to this after a torquay fan posted on greyhoundscene greyhoundscene.proboards.com/thread/64153/gaming-international-swindon-torquay-united
do not trust these people,their record with greyhound stadiums is appaling,false promises with little delivered,organise yourself do what you can to stop them.
I came on here after reading a post on greyhound scene.
A bit of info on myself.I have been a Gulls supporter all my life(i'm over 60 now) and a greyhound owner for over 50.I have run dogs at most of the tracks that this mob has shut down.Milton Keynes ,Bristol.and Reading.

All of these stadiums have been shut with the promise of new stadiums being built.Indeed i have seen plans for the new stadiums and even a lovely model of Reading.Land was set aside for the new stadium at Milton Keyne.As of this point in time they have NEVER been built.This firm are property developers and nothing else.i would not trust anything they say ,if they reported it was raining i would put my hand out of the window to check.
I can assure every Gull supporter that these are not the sort of bedfellows we really need or would want.I am speaking with first hand experience of them.
We seem absolutely desperate to let them knock our stadium down though, so I'm sure there is no reason to worry.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Gulliball wrote: There are some massively worrying posts being made on TFF after fans poked into their greyhound racing background:
We seem absolutely desperate to let them knock our stadium down though, so I'm sure there is no reason to worry.
These issues have been mentioned before on the various forums but it's interesting to see the views of the greyhound racing community, which of course is where Gaming International are most active. Doesn't make good reading does it?

They don't have many good things to say about Colin Authers (the man behind TU Fans Ltd) either. Seems he previously ran the greyhound track at Newton Abbot and "shut the track for personal gain".
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Reading all this stuff about GI, I'm just glad I didn't renew my season ticket for next season.

It doesn't matter low the price is, there seems to be a sad terminal decline of the club and I'd rather not be there to witness it.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular

Post by SenorDingDong »

Almost makes you want Smurthwaithe back.