Well done.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
IJN
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Well done.

Post by IJN »

Well done you lads, most Argyle fans are chuffed to bits with what you've done over the last few months.

Who know what can happen next season now eh?

Well done and hope you enjoy what's left of this season.

:scarf:
+Gdog8
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by +Gdog8 »

Congratulation on your survival push well done !!!!
:scarf: :whistle:
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Thanks for that.

I was at the Boorham wood game when the argyle fans supported us. Despite such a miserable game your fans support that night for our plight was quite memorable.

Good win for you yesterday. I sincerely hope you are in league 1 next season.

M
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Thanks lads, and all the best in your promotion push; I want success for all Devon clubs: Plymouth, Torquay, Exeter, Tiverton, Barnstaple, Bideford, etc., because ultimately that benefits us all.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

In all honesty at the start of this season we all expected to finish in this league however as it unfolded we appeared to keep shooting ourselves in the foot, to a point where we were almost cut adrift and bound for the Conference South.

Mid to lower table was this season's expectation and as usual, we will have achieved this the Torquay United Roller Coaster way!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Need to do what Leicester have done now and take this form into next season and walk the league! :scarf:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:Need to do what Leicester have done now and take this form into next season and walk the league! :scarf:
Plenty of time left for them to bottle it! ;-)
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I wonder if Mr. Beard could explain his name; it has always intrigued me and is certainly in the Top 10 (perhaps Top 5) of contributors' names.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

I think he named himself after a wonderfully bearded Iranian...I think (!) ...trialist we had one pre-season. Ian Atkins I think was the manager at the time.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

You've asked the question before Wivelgull.

I refer you to the answer given on 23rd Jan 2016 at 21.56 hrs on the 'Names of contributors' thread on the popside.

I would quote it but for some reason it wont switch forums for me :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

EmetEdadsBeard » 23 Jan 2016, 21:56

wivelgull wrote:
Edadsbeard is a good 'un. I only wish I knew what it meant!

One or two contributors have actually worked it out. Some years ago the Gulls played a pre season match at Dawlish, and I was on holiday at the time. Met up with my mate ZippyGull, had SEVERAL beverages, sat on the grass and enthused about a trialist striker :goal: who had a beard you could hide a badger in! :bow: :bow: :bow:
We'd already worked out how the club were going to make £millions from the sale of fake beards, Arab robes and Fezzes and it would be a springboard up the league and into European domination! It was a fantastic business plan and we worked it out in just over an alcoholic driven hour. (D) (D) (D) :~D

Sadly, the manager (cant remember which one..) decided our plan wasn't viable, as he never offered a contract :rules: to the player who sadly disappeared to wherever he came from........... :-/

But the legend was born................... :nod:

Copied, best i can do I'm afraid, Dutchgull is correct :scarf:
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

I was at dawlish for that game. It was either Leroy or Atkins in charge. I think Liam Coleman was on trial in that game and we signed him afterwards so that would make it Leroy. He was so short that even though he was on the line for a corner, and the dawlish player headed it into the ground, it bounced up over his head into the net.

I didn't think Emet Edad was that bad at the time, I think. Or maybe I was just swayed by his beard.

Anyway, miss those dawlish friendlies. Summers evenings sitting on the bank, drinking tea out of a proper mug. Very nice.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Kit_robin wrote:I was at dawlish for that game. It was either Leroy or Atkins in charge. I think Liam Coleman was on trial in that game and we signed him afterwards so that would make it Leroy. He was so short that even though he was on the line for a corner, and the dawlish player headed it into the ground, it bounced up over his head into the net.

I didn't think Emet Edad was that bad at the time, I think. Or maybe I was just swayed by his beard.

Anyway, miss those dawlish friendlies. Summers evenings sitting on the bank, drinking tea out of a proper mug. Very nice.

It wasn't the Atkins year as I'm pretty sure that was the year after that. That was when we trialled Ryan Harley and seemingly decided he wasn't up to scratch........