Our Final 9 Games. Can we avoid Relegation.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Our Final 9 Games. Can we avoid Relegation.

Post by portugull »

With 5 weeks to go we enter the business part of the 2015/16 season.

How many points will we need to avoid a double relegation? A study of the remaining fixtures is fascinating as several Clubs who are contenders for the drop have multiple fixtures against other relegation candidates.

Southport who only have 7 games left have 5 of them against Clubs in the bottom 7 as do Altrincham.

Guiseley and Boreham Wood both have 8 games left and have 3 and 4 games respectively against Clubs in the bottom 10.

I think it is a safe bet that Kiddy and Welling will go down.So it looks like the other 2 Clubs to go down will come from this group; Halifax,Boreham Wood, Altrincham, Torquay and Guiseley.

We are the form team with 18 points from the last 24. Guiseley look vulnerable with 7 points from the last 10 games.

I think we need a minimum of 48 points to stay up.Our 3 home games in 8 days against Chester,Tranmere and Altrincham (5th to 12th April) are the key to our survival.

My bet is on Guiseley and Boreham Wood to join Kiddy and Welling but we all know it could come down to Guiseley V TUFC on 30th April.

It is going to be a nail biting 5 weeks.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It won't be a double relegation either way.

I've never doubted this Board would do right by the Club and I always had faith that Nico would eventually make a good manager for us or someone else if we were silly enough to panic and end his tenure. I still hold that faith today.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

These home games should be advertised in every Supermarket Post Office in the bay.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I think we will stay up (just).
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Southampton you are quite right of course it would NOT be a double relegation. After the last 8 months it just feels like it.

I feel fairly confident we will escape relegation but the next two games will be very tough as Dover and Eastleigh have a lot to play for. We will do well to get 2 points out of 6.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

portugull wrote:Southampton you are quite right of course it would NOT be a double relegation. After the last 8 months it just feels like it.

I feel fairly confident we will escape relegation but the next two games will be very tough as Dover and Eastleigh have a lot to play for. We will do well to get 2 points out of 6.
I'd rather that then playing teams with nothing to play for if I'm honest. How many times have we been there - at the top of the table and playing a struggling side, when we freeze and drop points.

Hopefully the boot can be on the other foot this time and we can be the underdog to scrape a result. Dover have had a fantastic season but the pressure is on now - funny things can happen. Eastleigh have got a woeful away record of late.

Two points from these would do for me, and then we can go from there
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

The next three games are tricky - I think if we can get three points or more from these then we'll still be right in the mix. Anything extra and we'd be in a very strong position. The last few weeks have given us a chance though, and I think the 2 extra points from last Saturday could be crucial come the end of the season.

4 wins from 9 to reach 50 points, if that will even be the total we need. Certainly do-able if we can keep up our recent fighting spirit.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote:I think we will stay up (just).
Are you talking about Torquay or Whitby ?? ;-)
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

You've pissed it man. No worries now. Trauma is over now look to the future. COYY!!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Gulliball wrote:The next three games are tricky - I think if we can get three points or more from these then we'll still be right in the mix. Anything extra and we'd be in a very strong position. The last few weeks have given us a chance though, and I think the 2 extra points from last Saturday could be crucial come the end of the season.

4 wins from 9 to reach 50 points, if that will even be the total we need. Certainly do-able if we can keep up our recent fighting spirit.
:goodpost: 4 wins from 9 looks so much easier than naming the sides we have to play. It's do able, but we must not get complacent about being safe.
Lucy
+Gdog8
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by +Gdog8 »

With the boost of Luke Young returning this weekend and him scoring two in a closed door game during the week I'm sure we can survive
:scarf: :whistle:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Wivell. have you been taking your medication. you have forecast every one of our games negatively. yet you now say we will stay up. well with the best will in the world one does not equate with the other.. be consistent. man up and admit your wrong on all of them. at least then we will know for sure your a miserable git. :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Yorkieandy wrote:You've pissed it man. No worries now. Trauma is over now look to the future. COYY!!
This is precisely the attitude we don't need.

How many times has a team clawed back a large deficit and then subconsciously taken the foot off the gas, thinking the job is done, and slipped back into trouble?

We've done nothing yet.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Agree with Jerry. It's possible we could get nothing from the next 5 games which are all very tough games, the last 4 however are all extremely winnable.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com