Time to get behind the club

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Time to get behind the club

Post by CraigUnder »

As you may know, I have been one of the regular posters during the past few days with all the uncertainty of the club, rumours from posters and just jumping to conclusions in general and I for one have taken a step back and had a deep breath, thought about it all and realised some of my posts have been due to anger and just general sadness to the situation the club finds itself in at the moment and for that to posters and the board alike, I apologise. Now that the club and Kev have clarified the situation it all now seems clearer that Steve Breed and the rest of the board are working their socks off and doing their best for the club as best they can with the current predicament, finances etc. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement from them, us as fans or the club and community as a whole. We can all do a little more. With a couple of players leaving, the ground share deal, Dan supposedly leaving for Wigan, the funds given to Kev in January and the rumours of Ajala coming back have given me more hope and a little belief we can get out of this situation. The forum recently has been toxic and so negative against players, the board and individuals alike and I hope now that the board has given Kev their full support, so must we.

I'll be there Boxing Day, will you?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

I did comment that we should wait and see what the board announce, before making negative comments and threads that made reading this forum a complicated mission. However, your correct in that we have to get behind the club.
Lucy
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Its win or bust time now. Whats done is done. I just hope we get in some fit for purpose players.
I will be there on Boxing Day.
Tust member 191
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Head says no, heart says yes,,, as always.

See you there x
hustgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by hustgull »

Yep will be there.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totally agree, I am fully behind the board and the club, I have been fully and 100% committed from minute one when these guys took over, I still am.

I've been to every home game and paid on the gate when I could have brought a season ticket, been Eastleigh away and will be going to Cheltenham, love to go to more away games work commitments stop me from doing so, I will be at the game Saturday weather permitting, I will go all the rest of the home games regardless.

However, I do still reserve the right to criticise, if I see someone thing written or hear something said from the club or it's staff I don't like or agree with, that's not being disloyal, just being honest.
Formerly known as forevertufc
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

forevertufc wrote: However, I do still reserve the right to criticise, if I see someone thing written or hear something said from the club or it's staff I don't like or agree with, that's not being disloyal, just being honest.
Totally agree.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

forevertufc wrote:Totally agree, I am fully behind the board and the club, I have been fully and 100% committed from minute one when these guys took over, I still am.

I've been to every home game and paid on the gate when I could have brought a season ticket, been Eastleigh away and will be going to Cheltenham, love to go to more away games work commitments stop me from doing so, I will be at the game Saturday weather permitting, I will go all the rest of the home games regardless.

However, I do still reserve the right to criticise, if I see someone thing written or hear something said from the club or it's staff I don't like or agree with, that's not being disloyal, just being honest.
Exactly how I feel. There are some that are overly negative but, in many respects, it's those that seem to blindly agree with everything and shout down anyone who dares to criticise that irk me the most.

I am so angry about how our club has been allowed to sink into this situation but that's because it means so much to me.

I don't believe Kevin Nicholson is the right man for the job but for the 90mins every Saturday I will support him and the lads...as I always have done. I am astounded we made the same mistake by appointing another former player with even less experience than the last.

The board have said they will back him in January which is great to hear, I just pray he can prove me wrong.
Yellow-Collins
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellow-Collins »

Me and the boys will be there on Saturday. Come on, lets get behind the board, management and team. We need to change the atmosphere at LWS to inspire the players, its too quiet and negative at the moment. Moaning isn't going to help now, we need to be singing, encouraging and giving confidence to these players. They may not be as good as we'd like, but they're all we've got at the moment. We need them to get us points in order to stay up - if they fail, we all fail.

Perhaps we could come up with some initiatives to make the atmosphere electric and encourage crowd participation. I've seen other clubs use cheer leaders, local bands on the pitch before the game, flag wavers etc. These could all be volunteers in return for some much needed publicity. Anything to help our beloved yellows gain a slight advantage!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Yellow-Collins wrote:Me and the boys will be there on Saturday. Come on, lets get behind the board, management and team. We need to change the atmosphere at LWS to inspire the players, its too quiet and negative at the moment. Moaning isn't going to help now, we need to be singing, encouraging and giving confidence to these players. They may not be as good as we'd like, but they're all we've got at the moment. We need them to get us points in order to stay up - if they fail, we all fail.

Perhaps we could come up with some initiatives to make the atmosphere electric and encourage crowd participation. I've seen other clubs use cheer leaders, local bands on the pitch before the game, flag wavers etc. These could all be volunteers in return for some much needed publicity. Anything to help our beloved yellows gain a slight advantage!
Booze! That's the secret to a good atmosphere. A free glass of mulled cider on the way in would help loosen the old wind pipes no end and festive too.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Yellow-Collins wrote:Me and the boys will be there on Saturday. Come on, lets get behind the board, management and team. We need to change the atmosphere at LWS to inspire the players, its too quiet and negative at the moment. Moaning isn't going to help now, we need to be singing, encouraging and giving confidence to these players. They may not be as good as we'd like, but they're all we've got at the moment. We need them to get us points in order to stay up - if they fail, we all fail.

Suspect you might need to put your energy into a rain dance - to stop it falling between now and Saturday otherwise it's likely to be another postponement.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

I've only been to one game this season and that was at Eastleigh. Since then the manager, the assistant, the DOF and our top scorer have all left. To be honest, I've watched it all happen from afar with a sinking feeling that nothing I can do will be able to help stop a football club I love on a downward spiral.

I'm probably hugely naive but the statements today from the board and the manager have given me some sort of renewed hope. They've reminded me that we have men in charge at the moment that won't let this club die and they have its best interests at heart. They're clearly very wary of any investors and their intentions and I'm happy to trust the current board in that regards. They say we have funds for January and bringing in players, so I'm satisfied that we are financially stable, for now. I think it's time to focus on the football.

As for the football staff, I'm clearly in the minority when I say I'm backing Nicholson for the job. When he speaks he says all the right things, I have felt uplifted about the situation after all of his interviews. Right now, things aren't going right on the pitch but there have been problems off the pitch he has had to deal with and the group of players he has inherited are not good enough. I personally am willing to let Nicholson bring players in and ship the ones out that aren't up for the fight; he has clearly identified who they are. I back him to lead a group of his own men into a fight and come out victorious.

For a few seasons now it's felt like football has come second to what's going on in the boardroom. The statements feel like the club have finally realised the situation and football will finally be coming first. That's all I have been asking for for months now and I will certainly be heading down to Plainmoor in the next few weeks. I'm sure there are more fans like myself reading these forums and I hope they feel the same.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Great post, Jamie. With a little backing I genuinely think Nico can do the job thats been asked of him. I'll settle for 5th from bottom right now but I have.a feeling he'll lead us to safety and beyond.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Southampton Gull wrote:Great post, Jamie. With a little backing I genuinely think Nico can do the job thats been asked of him. I'll settle for 5th from bottom right now but I have.a feeling he'll lead us to safety and beyond.
What has Nicholson done, in your opinion, that gives you the reason for optimism?