Young

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Young

Post by yellowmonkey »

Luke Young has anyone heard when he will be back playing?
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

No news as to when he'll be back but you might want to check in to the below twitter profile every now and again as the physio has been putting videos of the injured chaps on twitter

https://x.com/tufc_physio
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

An Argyle mate of mine knows his Dad who reckons he'll probably just about make training but not playing by end of this season.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote:An Argyle mate of mine knows his Dad who reckons he'll probably just about make training but not playing by end of this season.
Your right spoke to him last week.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

arcadia wrote: Your right spoke to him last week.

Presuming we have paid his wage during his injury, he owes us to play next season in the Conf South and get us back up to the premier.
Lucy
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Are you suggesting a player should show loyalty?....does that happen anymore?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Luke Young could have gone to Colchester but chose us instead so I would guess that he is likely to stay if he is offered a new deal because he has very few options favourable to him.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I imagine he will jump at the chance of another season of professional football at Plainmoor. It's going to be the best opportunity he has, staying at home in familiar surroundings with people he knows while he gets himself back on track, then in summer 2017 he will have a choice of more lucrative contracts elsewhere. I can't see many if any other clubs offering him anything after an entire season injured.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
haz316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: elliot benyon

Post by haz316 »

I reckon if Truro got promoted they would take a chance on him
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

The other possible scenario is that we are not in a position to re-engage him. Should we be playing Conference South football next season then surely the whole question of whether we remain full time or revert to part time comes into question. Similarly even if we stay up, dependent on who owns the football club, whether we can afford to pay him what we do now is also open to question - will he even be the same (quality) player when he returns after such a serious injury? If we offer him lower wages, will they be sufficient for him to accept or will he try his luck elsewhere. All up in the air as a lot can change between now and the summer ...... all we can do now is continue to wish him a speedy and successful recovery.
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

Club loyalty: Garry Monk, loyal to Swansea for years took on the managerial job and got them to their highest points finish in the Premiership, first sign of a sticky patch and he was out the door, sacked by the club.

Player loyalty: Chris Brandon, injured pulling up a palm tree on Torquay sea front, club paid for rehabilitation during Spring and player left club in summer

I hope Luke Young is a TUFC player next year but do not blame him of he goes elsewhere as loyalty as shown by above doesn't have a great deal to do with it. Both clubs and players have shown that loyalty doesn't exist in football anymore and will do whatever is right for themselves.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Circumstances have a lot to do with it. If Brandon had not had the opportunity to test himself with a bigger club at a higher level he may have stayed. Likewise, had Swansea not been on the up and up, had a bigger team come in for him perhaps Monk may have left much earlier.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

What was Chris Brandon doing pulling up a Palm tree on the sea front for. hell fire if heard some daft things but that takes the biscuit.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

If we go down then I can't see him staying. I doubt we could afford even half his wages in the Conference South and even if we could he'd be mad to want to play at that level. I know he will have missed a whole season with injury and might not return the same player, but an Exeter or Bristol Rovers - see Billy Bodin - would probably take a chance on him. He must be so frustrated watching from the sidelines. I don't think we'd be in the relegation zone if he was fit.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

I'll eat my hat if he stays with us in the Conference South. There's nothing he can gain from it and there's plenty of Conference sides that'll give him a chance next season even with his recent injury. If he recovers fully, he's one of the best midfielders in the league.