Talks Reopen

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
houndtorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Talks Reopen

Post by houndtorgull »

Update at last - better late than never !

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 62211.aspx
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Just read the article and want to feel more positive, but am concerned that on the one hand we have a "healthy list" but if there is anyone (ANYONE ???) else interested, then get in touch.
Wonder who the mystery donor is ? (thank you, whoever you are)

Hopefully we will be getting more updates from the official site now.

Whatever is happening, it's still important that Torquay Fans join the TUST.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Finally an update!
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

This donor thing is interesting...

Anyway, whoever it is, while I admire their enthusiasm and generosity, I am critical of how they have spent this money. I a, making a couple of assumptions based on the article, namely that it is a reasonable sum (otherwise why mention it?) and that it has been donated to the current set-up to use as they see fit, rather than, say, specifically to help drainage work, or to buy a player (otherwise why WOULDNT you say that?).

I, personally, would view with a furrowed brow anyone who donates a reasonable sum of money to the current board in this transitional period. How you can trust them to use it, after it is now obvious we have been managed off the field in the most amateur of ways, is beyond me. You are just paying to prop up a failing regime for a few more weeks befire it makes way for someone else.

Far more useful, in my opinion, to stand with one of the interested parties to speed the pace of change that is so severely needed, or to place it into the Forever Yellow fund to allow TUST to play a bigger part in takeover talks.

So again, thanks, but.... Really? I wonder whether it is, in fact, Thea Bristow; a last gift to keep things going for a bit longer till someone takes over. Or maybe even a bit of goodwill from a consortium close to completion.
YELLOW_ARMY_GULL
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by YELLOW_ARMY_GULL »

As far as things stand and not pointing any fingers I do not think that a new buyer / investor will be found in time for the league AGM and for planning the new season. In my opinion (And this is not what I think Thea should do more what she feels she has to do) Thea will not want to ruin her or her late husbands legacy and will input sufficient funds to cover us for this season but with a drastically reduced budget which means that the club can only live within its means as it should always have done. What I would like to see though is the Chairman of the Supporters Trust as part of a rejigged Board and with a view to a permanent position thereafter as part of or in addition to any new consortium / investors who may come into the picture down the line. I have joined the TUST (Member 291) and would urge all true gulls fans to do the same, this is a critical time for our club and the TUST needs the support of us all, £2 a month is a small price to pay!
TUST Member 291 - Yellow Army !! Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

I would guess that the 'healthy list' consists of the TUST, local consortium involving Steve Breed and possibly the current board members. However, the fact that we are still inviting others to enter the fray suggests none of those groups are close to completing a takeover. Back to square one and the clock is ticking.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Good that the club are recognising that they need to be more transparent. I just want a deal to be pushed through and the rebuilding to begin.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I'm quite happy with that update on the official site. There's no reason for anyone to be negative about any part of it. Negativity does nothing for the club, prospective new players, nor potential supporters. Think positive, and always look on the bright side.. :)
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Kit-robin
I, personally, would view with a furrowed brow anyone who donates a reasonable sum of money to the current board in this transitional period. How you can trust them to use it, after it is now obvious we have been managed off the field in the most amateur of ways, is beyond me. You are just paying to prop up a failing regime for a few more weeks before it makes way for someone else.

Far more useful, in my opinion, to stand with one of the interested parties to speed the pace of change that is so severely needed, or to place it into the Forever Yellow fund to allow TUST to play a bigger part in takeover talks.
Perhaps a short term cash injection will see us going into the Conference AGM on June 2nd showing a record of being able to pay all our bills on time ? If we can get over that hurdle relatively unscathed it'll be one less thing to worry about.

I understand the reluctance many might feel about giving cash to the current board, but just how certain can we be that TUST would sweep away the old regime even if they were in a position to do so ? I've no idea how pally the TUST top brass are with the current directors, but given the match day programme coverage, and recently allowing TUST activists to recruit inside the ground, and remembering that one or two of those still at the top table could also be card carrying TUST members, I'm not totally assured that TUST would purge Plainmoor of the 'failing regime' quite as thoroughly as some would like to see.

Then there might be the input of the Breed Consortium to consider. Would they be gunning for the Manager rather than any old directors who wanted to stay on ?

The speculation should end soon as details of the bright new dawn can't be far away.....and we save a quid a match as well :) . COYY
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

What a kind person

TORQUAY UNITED: Thea Bristow's farewell lifeline to Gulls allays 'worst case scenario' fears
By HESport | Posted: May 19, 2015

By David Thomas

Read more: http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... z3abl2oNKv
Follow us: @TQHeraldExpress on Twitter | theheraldexpress on Facebook
Lucy
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Thea Bristow - :bow:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

lucy6lucy wrote:What a kind person

TORQUAY UNITED: Thea Bristow's farewell lifeline to Gulls allays 'worst case scenario' fears
By HESport | Posted: May 19, 2015

By David Thomas

Read more: http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... z3abl2oNKv
Follow us: @TQHeraldExpress on Twitter | theheraldexpress on Facebook
Very kind, but why does she want to perpetuate the reign of a board that has spent millions of her money? That has taken this club a blank cheque book away from doom? the thought of this set of directors having even MORE say and bargaining power over any point entail takeover does nothing but scare me to death.

Notice all the rhetoric is now "new investment" not new ownership. If they think anyone is going to rock up with a few hundred grand and be happy to just join the board they will be very disappointed, and only goes to show how they continue to live in fantasy land when it comes to our club. Steve Breed et al are not going to get involved unless THEY are running the show.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

At least it's looking like we still have a club to support and in the National Premier. That wasn't the case until this week's developments. Now I'm looking forward to what kind of signings are going to arrive over the coming weeks. Let's be positive!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Kit_robin wrote:
Very kind, but why does she want to perpetuate the reign of a board that has spent millions of her money? That has taken this club a blank cheque book away from doom? the thought of this set of directors having even MORE say and bargaining power over any point entail takeover does nothing but scare me to death.

Notice all the rhetoric is now "new investment" not new ownership. If they think anyone is going to rock up with a few hundred grand and be happy to just join the board they will be very disappointed, and only goes to show how they continue to live in fantasy land when it comes to our club. Steve Breed et al are not going to get involved unless THEY are running the show.

Agree 100%. With Wild Bill running the show I'm more than a little concerned that the amateur habits of the past are set to continue from the Board. He is talking up the situation but excuse me for not getting my hopes up.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com