Well Done Wimbledon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Well Done Wimbledon

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Great performance, even (although it almost pains me to say it) Akinfatboy played well
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Great performance, even (although it almost pains me to say it) Akinfatboy played well
Seen him twice already this season and he's been bloody awful. Just goes to show.

The pleasing thing for me about Wimbledon tonight and generally most of the cup games is that i think the English leagues are the most competitive in the world and there isn't as big a gigantic gulf between league 2 and the bottom of the Prem than you would at first think. At the end of the day it's 11 v 11 and usually the better players will come out on top but there are so many occasions when you can't really tell who are supposed to be the better. Usually it is the last third of games when the lower league players suffer from a lack of fitness and they get found out as they leave gaps.

Great to watch though. I think the FA Cup is slowly getting some of it's magic back, if not with giant killing but definately with more interest and more intriguing ties.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: I think the FA Cup is slowly getting some of it's magic back, if not with giant killing but definately with more interest and more intriguing ties.
BBC is giving the FA Cup a higher profile than ITV did which is great.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Though televising Arsenal vs Hull and Everton vs West Ham over Blyth Spartans vs Birmingham and the other non-league/lower league sides was disappointing from both the BBC and BT Sport. Fortunately Man Utd were playing Yeovil away, otherwise Dover would have likely lost their moment in the sunshine to accommodate Manchester United vs Fulham or some other magical tie.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Gulliball wrote:Though televising Arsenal vs Hull and Everton vs West Ham over Blyth Spartans vs Birmingham and the other non-league/lower league sides was disappointing from both the BBC and BT Sport. Fortunately Man Utd were playing Yeovil away, otherwise Dover would have likely lost their moment in the sunshine to accommodate Manchester United vs Fulham or some other magical tie.

Not quite as bad as ITV who I seem to remember only showing games involving the big Premier League clubs. Or when the BBC had football league games and only ever seemed to show Newcastle games for Alan Shearer.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084