Bring back Bobby?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Bring back Bobby?

Post by Forest gull »

Bobby Olejnik returns to Peterborough on Sunday, after his loan spell at Scunny.

bring him back I say. Gotta be worth a phone call???
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Forest gull wrote:Bobby Olejnik returns to Peterborough on Sunday, after his loan spell at Scunny.

bring him back I say. Gotta be worth a phone call???
As much as it would be ideal, Peterborough are notoriously difficult to deal with in the transfer market. They think all their players are Premiership quality and would more than likely want all his wages paid and a fee to boot.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

who is going to pay his £3000 a week wages?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Why, oh why, would anyone even begin to imagine that Bobby Olejnik would come back here? We were a club who had just reached the League 2 play-off final and he was without a club, when he signed for us.

Now we languish just above mid-table as a penniless non-league club and he has a team.

Next people will be saying that a recently sacked Premier League manager - Neil Warnock - should be sought to help us. Oh, hang on...
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Calm down fellas, only dreaming......
nottsoathletic
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Roscoe D'Sane

Post by nottsoathletic »

It would be a really really good statement of intent from the board, great signing and would hopefully boost the players. But, £3k a week is £2,900 more than we can afford.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

nottsoathletic wrote:It would be a really really good statement of intent from the board, great signing and would hopefully boost the players. But, £3k a week is £2,900 more than we can afford.
We can't even afford to pay the players we have now.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

hector wrote:Why, oh why, would anyone even begin to imagine that Bobby Olejnik would come back here? We were a club who had just reached the League 2 play-off final and he was without a club, when he signed for us.

Now we languish just above mid-table as a penniless non-league club and he has a team.

Next people will be saying that a recently sacked Premier League manager - Neil Warnock - should be sought to help us. Oh, hang on...
I only suggested it in case 66 year old Warnock may finally like to have a quieter life in an area where he has property and settle back here and put something back into football ala Steve Perryman !!

Just put it out there for discussion. I know it will never happen. :'( :'(
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Dutchgull wrote: I only suggested it in case 66 year old Warnock may finally like to have a quieter life in an area where he has property and settle back here and put something back into football ala Steve Perryman !!

Just put it out there for discussion. I know it will never happen. :'( :'(
I didn't realise you had actually said it, Dutchgull!!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

signed on loan to the end of the season by York!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30680882
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

AustrianAndy must have persuaded his compatriot to join them!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:AustrianAndy must have persuaded his compatriot to join them!
:lol:

Not quite but i had quite a shock upon hearing this! :O

No offence to my fellow Yorkies but he's far too good for York and far too good for league 2 IMO. I don't quite know what happened at Posh. I know they used to go gung ho every week and leave gaping holes all over the shop at the back on a regular basis and i remember watching Posh highlights regularly and he would be really overworked and exposed time and time again due to bad defending. Still pulled off some awesome saves though. I just think he was partly made a scapegoat for this.

I want to see Bobby rediscover his immense Torquay form whether it be for York or whoever because he's such a great bloke, a hard working pro and of course he is Austrian. ;-)

Well, football is indeed a funny old game.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Yes I agree Andy-really thought joining the Posh could have been the stepping -stone to a Premiership move for him.
Can't be attitude or commitment surely,as during his time with us he worked his socks off to improve his game.
No disrespect to the Minstermen,but this is a real step backwards at this point in his career.
Hopefully he will do well,prove a few people wrong and get his career back on track.
Great signing by York though-fancied them to stay up anyway,but even more confident they will do so now.
Is Jarvis still playing?
Last edited by Behind-the-Gulls on 05 Jan 2015, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Jarvo is still at the club but hasn't featured much at all since he was stupidly sent off for a two footed challenge in the home game with Shrewsbury in October. Russ Wilcox's debut may i add, not the best way to please the boss.

Until then he had been a fairly regular starter under Worthington although he never looked like scoring. His work rate was ok. He is not even on the bench nowadays and as i haven't read anywhere that he is injured i would have to suspect that Wilcox wants rid when his contract runs out in the summer.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

On a similar theme based on this thread Billy Kee who moved to Scunthorpe at the same time as Bobby has gone out on loan to Mansfield.