Shaquille Coulthirst

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Has a goal-scoring record. Can't accuse CH of not making every effort as a manager. Will add extra (if that word is appropriate here) spice to our remaining games..
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

A bit of good news at long last. Well done Hargreaves for landing this signing.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yes credit where it is due. I expressed my disappointment on the Cargill thread about a defender coming in and not attackers and so this news is good to hear and it appears Chris is making the effort. We now need another and a midfielder and then we can go all out. Coulthirst alone will not help us stay up but it's a start and I'm very hopeful (like I was when Enoch rocked up though :-/ ).

Still, give the lad a chance.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Enoch was on a month's loan (and now he's with Argyle). Shaq is with us until the end of the season. :scarf:
Last edited by Gullscorer on 28 Mar 2014, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Great news! Just pray if he does play tomorrow he was registered in time, we've done it before!!!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

DevonYellow wrote:Great news! Just pray if he does play tomorrow he was registered in time, we've done it before!!!
Or not... :-/
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Enoch was hardly prolific. Hope this will keep the moaners quiet. Well done CH.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

lets hope he starts with him and go all guns blazing! i bet he comes on last ten minutes when we're 3-0 down!
still keeping the faith
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Anger has been building up in some fans, frustration has also been building up, and for some fans just out right despair, think I'm suffering from all three, it's building up for a long, long time, it was no real surprise when for many not just this TU related forum it boiled right over yesterday, I do not and will not critize any single poster for holding their view point, what ever side of the fence they sit on right now.

For those of us who attend the game regularly it's been blindly obvious for a while now that a real genuine goal scorer was so badly needed, how many times have we seen the ball flash across the 6 year box and our nearest forward is 15 yards back down the pitch, how many times to we get a sighter15-20 yards from goal and no one has the confidence to shoot, see the Morecambe leveller , we moan about the luck, but the lad had a dig, and some times when shoot the ball ends up going in , Goodwin has been the only seemingly prepared to drive into the box and have a shot, goals win games, goals win points, even when on top, far to many we've just not looked like scoring.

Yesterday it seemed to me the club was just going to sleepwalk it's way out of the league, today, we see a striker signed, one that appears to some real pedigree despite no real first team experience, this looks to be a very good signing ( there's never any guarantee) so a big well done all concerned here, lets hope it's works out for the player and our club.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I know nothing about this lad, but i hope we adopt a different attacking approach because the last 2 years its been a ball directed at neck height like a tracer bullet from the keepers kick off or the out ball to Nico.
I dont care who they bring in because it isnt going to change unless they change the way we play offensively.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Forest gull wrote:Enoch was hardly prolific. Hope this will keep the moaners quiet. Well done CH.
:rofl:

You're more optimistic than those who think we'll stay up!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

SBP wrote:I know nothing about this lad, but i hope we adopt a different attacking approach because the last 2 years its been a ball directed at neck height like a tracer bullet from the keepers kick off or the out ball to Nico.
I dont care who they bring in because it isnt going to change unless they change the way we play offensively.
Quickly find out this boys strengths and spend 90 minutes playing to them, then we will see.

We will not win 5 games from our last 7 by sitting back and soaking up the pressure. The onus should be on positive attacking play. Tempered with pressurising the opposition when we do not have the ball.

We have just walked into the Last Chance saloon and sat down waiting for the Fat lady to sing COYY!,,, :scarf:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

forevertufc wrote:Anger has been building up in some fans, frustration has also been building up, and for some fans just out right despair, think I'm suffering from all three, it's building up for a long, long time, it was no real surprise when for many not just this TU related forum it boiled right over yesterday, I do not and will not critize any single poster for holding their view point, what ever side of the fence they sit on right now.

For those of us who attend the game regularly it's been blindly obvious for a while now that a real genuine goal scorer was so badly needed, how many times have we seen the ball flash across the 6 year box and our nearest forward is 15 yards back down the pitch, how many times to we get a sighter15-20 yards from goal and no one has the confidence to shoot, see the Morecambe leveller , we moan about the luck, but the lad had a dig, and some times when shoot the ball ends up going in , Goodwin has been the only seemingly prepared to drive into the box and have a shot, goals win games, goals win points, even when on top, far to many we've just not looked like scoring.

Yesterday it seemed to me the club was just going to sleepwalk it's way out of the league, today, we see a striker signed, one that appears to some real pedigree despite no real first team experience, this looks to be a very good signing ( there's never any guarantee) so a big well done all concerned here, lets hope it's works out for the player and our club.
Sums it up perfectly. Top post.

I've been a rose tinter for years but yesterday was bleak.

After all the dross we've suffered this season I think people were well entitled to have a moan.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

SBP wrote:I know nothing about this lad, but i hope we adopt a different attacking approach because the last 2 years its been a ball directed at neck height like a tracer bullet from the keepers kick off or the out ball to Nico.

:goodpost:

100% agree with this. Shaquille might very well have the quality to nick a goal or two more than our current lot with the same amount of chances they get at the moment but if we continue to play the same way we still aren't going to score enough to get us away from trouble. As I've said before, Hargreaves is just hoping to plug a gap rather than addressing the real issues of a total lack of creativity from ANYONE wearing the Torquay shirt and the lack of tempo, urgency and workrate.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.