Thierry Audel

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Thierry Audel

Post by Richinns »

Seems we are trialling Thierry Audel with a view to a loan.

French centre-half or right back who has yet to play more than a bit part role for his parent club Crewe.

http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/a ... 05138.aspx

Strange one this for me as with O'Connor on season long loan and Tonge as reserve not sure we need cover here unless Downes or Pearce get injured. Guess he might be cover for them instead of bringing Tonge in and moving O'Connor?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Unless CH thinks that Tonge just is not good enough?

It's looking more so than ever that Cooper will be used as a left back, if this deal goes ahead.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Interesting. With the players currently at the club I can't see why we would need this guy, unless someone else is leaving. I hope to God we've not had an offer for Downes or Pearce.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Let's not forget, regardless of how much we like certain players individually, that our defensive record this season is comfortably amongst the worst in the league. Hargreaves is addressing this in ways he deems fit and if it makes us tighter at the back, I am all for it.

I would not expect us to hold onto Labadie for longer than a month so perhaps Cooper is being lined up for a midfield role?

Irrespective of all our speculating its is pretty clear that CH is not only aiming to stabilise us in the short term but starting to sew the seeds for his long term ambitions too. Our squad is on the large side, so now he has to start trimming down on numbers. If today's trialist, and offering Danny Stevens a trial too, is anything to go by it's pretty obvious where he is looking to start.

We just have to trust Greavsie completely and let him get on with his trading in the best way he sees appropriate.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bengull wrote:Let's not forget, regardless of how much we like certain players individually, that our defensive record this season is comfortably amongst the worst in the league. Hargreaves is addressing this in ways he deems fit and if it makes us tighter at the back, I am all for it.

I would not expect us to hold onto Labadie for longer than a month so perhaps Cooper is being lined up for a midfield role?

Irrespective of all our speculating its is pretty clear that CH is not only aiming to stabilise us in the short term but starting to sew the seeds for his long term ambitions too. Our squad is on the large side, so now he has to start trimming down on numbers. If today's trialist, and offering Danny Stevens a trial too, is anything to go by it's pretty obvious where he is looking to start.

We just have to trust Greavsie completely and let him get on with his trading in the best way he sees appropriate.
can sort of understand this.........

but as for stevens, well............. :no:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Giving a trial to, having a look at, considering a player, can be poles apart from actually signing the player, as I am sure we all know. Chris Hargreaves is going to be kept on next season as our manager regardless, and right now , obviously has a two pronged problem to fix.

One short term, keeping us in the league, which may require a more experienced perhaps better quality player, which no doubt will come via the loan market, two long term, building a squad with in budget that's actually competitive, depending on which league we will be in next season, so no doubt CH will keep all his options open, with half an eye, on being in league 2 and the other half in the conference.

And picking up on something Ben said, it's true with every club at every level, there are players who are fans favourites, who says Audel is actually being looked at as a potential full back, maybe he's being looked at as a centre back, particularly thinking along the lines as a back up to Downes or even a replacement for, I am big fan of Downes, however he has had his injury problems and has made more than his fair share of mistakes this term.

Also we must remember that CH has got his style of football, and will no doubt be looking at players who fit that style, which may not be Downes/Tonge etc, etc.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Triallists never come in ones, particularly where a new manager is concerned. We are likely to have four or five lads in and they'll all be vying for contracts. We're light up front, so there'll be a striker in there somewhere. Hargreaves is a football man, so he'll be small and quick. They wouldn't be here if they weren't realistic targets, so if any impress sufficiently, then I'd expect signings.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Fascinating .... :~D :~D