Midfield for tomorrow...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Midfield for tomorrow...

Post by Fonda »

So, assuming tomorrow's game goes ahead as planned; and assuming the following players remain available for selection, who would you play in midfield? We're suddenly spoilt for choice in the engine room...

Manse
Mozika
Labadie
McCourt
Lathrope
Craig

Continue with 3 in the middle, or revert to 2? Some (relative) quality will miss out either way.

Decisions, decisions...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

I would have Mozika, McCourt and Labadie. Lathrope (possibly him in for McCourt) and Craig on the bench. Won't happen, though.
Last edited by Rjc70 on 03 Jan 2014, 20:25, edited 2 times in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I don't know if this is a case of any of us would play, Shane, no doubt, there's quite a few who would leave Mansell out, that's not going to happen, so in general don't get your hopes up, unless Mansell's going to right back, and I really can't see that.

Goeff Harrop says he's tinkered with a few things and wants to take the game to Morecambe, so if he's going to continue with three in midfield, I will go for Mansell, Labadie and most likely McCourt, if it's a two man midfield, Mansell/Labadie.
Last edited by Dave on 03 Jan 2014, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

For me, I'd move Manse to RB. Tonge is playing poorly, and the inclination must be to keep the skipper in the team, but he doesn't necessarily warrant selection in the centre.

In the middle I'd have Labadie, Mozika and McCourt. McCourt as the play-maker, Mozika in a more defensive position, doing the donkey work that would allow Labadie the chance to support the striker (Benyon).
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Gullscorer wrote:I wonder what's going to happen with Nicholson..?
Well, I'd like to think he won't be in midfield.
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

My team for tomorrow -

Poke

Cruise
Downes
Pearce
Oconnor

Lathrope
Mansell
Labadie

Bodin
Chapel

Benyon
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

My concern (and it's been mentioned by Anthea Austrian Gull) is the midfield this season have scored next to f*ck all goals. So called strikers have done next to f*ck all likewise. Whether this was solely down to shafted Knill is open to debate.

I don't give a squirrel's nuts who plays or who plays where and in what system. What I want to see is shots on target and in the double figures.

If you don't buy a ticket, you don't win the beer draw.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

Lots of shots....

Wasnt it Dave Smith all those years ago, who demanded 15 shots per game...???
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Trojan 67 wrote:My concern (and it's been mentioned by Anthea Austrian Gull) is the midfield this season have scored next to f*ck all goals. So called strikers have done next to f*ck all likewise. Whether this was solely down to shafted Knill is open to debate.

I don't give a squirrel's nuts who plays or who plays where and in what system. What I want to see is shots on target and in the double figures.

If you don't buy a ticket, you don't win the beer draw.
Ha ha ha. At least the new manager won't have to worry about squirrels :clap:
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

It's all dependant on who is available. Given the recall of Lathrope and the return of Labade, the L's could well outnumber the M's in the middle.

If all are available, I imagine it'll be 3 in the middle, Mansell won't be dropped and Labadie will start, so it's either McCourt, Mozika or Lathrope for the other spot. Too close to call for me
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

I'd go for:-

Poke

Cruise
Pearce
O'Connor

Chapell
Labadie
Mozika
McCourt
Cameron

Bodin

Stockley

Subs: Benyon, Tonge, Downes, Lathrope, Craig, Rice, Yeoman
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Jesus, well that would be going for it lol. Not sure the 2 young wide boys could be trusted to get back and defend
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

nickfrench82 wrote:Jesus, well that would be going for it lol. Not sure the 2 young wide boys could be trusted to get back and defend
It's why I was unsure re McCourt or Lathrope as I would probably only trust Mozika or Lathrope in the front of the back three role. 4-5-1 putting Bodin going where I've got Cameron and O'Connor over to right back with Downesy in the centre is the other thing am presently flirting with. Bollocks. Get at 'em.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

To be honest now Ladabie and Lathrope are here McCourt can go back. He has done ok but isn't any better than what is here and some of his passing has gone off of late. Still leaves us with Craig, Mansell and Mozika.