How many of you are actual fans?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

How many of you are actual fans?

Post by Richinns »

I am tired of looking at posts written by people who just enjoy adding to the pain.

I am embarrassed to see the 'Knill out' post being written.

I have to say a lot of you are an embarrassment to your club. It seems a large percentage of you enjoy the bad times, thrive on the negative and pursue adding to an already difficult position.

Very easy to come out and say you never wanted Knill but a complete and utter bare face lie by most who post on here to claim this.

For me I see a better squad than last year. I also see a lot of bad luck with injuries.

We are ten games in with a new management team and a fairly new squad and we have one of the lowest average attendances in the league therefore likely to have one of the smallest budgets also. What are you realistically expecting????

This seems to count for nothing amongst the to$$ers who enjoy the fact they can post bullsh1t behind the safety of a computer screen.

The hunt for the 'rose-tinters' seems to be a popular sport these days. What a bunch of wasters you are!

I am ashamed of you far more than the hurt of being in a (very early season) relegation scrap.

Try supporting the club for once you bunch of fecking morons.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Broadley gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Broadley gull »

100% agree with you , this is the time to be sticking together .
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Agree. I watched today and it was disappointing to say the least. What made it worse there were a pair of really negative idiots behind me, who already had made up their minds. This was summed by the comment 'Knill what about yer subs', to which I replied 'How many do you want, he's already made two!'
TUST number 080
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Results and performances have been poor but replacing the management at this time would be ridiculous. We have to give AK and CB are full support.
From the games i have seen and listened to are decision making has been poor. We have shot when we needed to pass and passed when we needed to shot. Our confidence is extremely low. We have to work through this poor patch, together.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH RICHINS POST
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

People seem to be focusing on the three nil home thrashing instead of remembering that there's the pig racing to look forward to next month .
Let's turn those frowns upside down :)
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yes well said richinns, we have to stick together , to much negativity, i was there today and the atmosphere was shocking the worst ive known since the webb days and that cant help, whats happened to the singing on the halfway line have they all stopped going to plainmoor? and where is the drum we need it back, pompey fans will make it sound like an home game when they come in a couple of weeks , look at the turmoil they have been through and they stick by there team even when they are crap.
and before people come on and start saying that the team have to do there bit, the atmosphere has been shit since the start of the season, so come on its time to get behind the management and players and pull this terrible start around.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Heard some ridiculous comments at the end of the game, including "we have NO quality in our players at all" and "this is the worst Torquay side I have ever seen". The fans have a role to play and that just ain't happening at the moment. The support (no singing to be heard) is dreadful. Please can someone ask the club to hire a drummer for the next home game ? Well done Richinns for pointing out how embarrassing some of the comments made are to real Torquay fans.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I am absolutely certain this is not the worst Torquay side ever.
TUST number 080
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I know where your coming from Rich, stood outside Plainmoor for 5 minutes taking to Matt, Ferrarrilover, Diamond girl and co, and did say for the first time in a very long I was considering not coming on the forum tonight, as my view point will not match the popular view and it probably will be a waste of time, but then I thought ram it, why shouldn’t, I, some times it can be better to let emotions ease, I have guilty of failing on that score myself, easy done. This whole ‘rosetinter’ and ‘darksider’ Thing is part and parcel of forum life, it happens on many I read through.

We all enjoyed the run through to the play-offs in 2011 and 2012 and expectation levels have risen, fans expect more from our club now, last season, and now this season which looks to be following suit has fallen below the levels us fans want. To be fair it’s understandable how some have flown off the handle.

Rightly or wrong the club have some big decisions, removing the management team, and to continue on with off field developments, personally do not think the club have got all the decisions right or wrong. But what’s done is done, the club, its employees and we fans have to live with it now, it’s a vicious circle, why doesn’t the club show more ambition, with out fans it simply can not, Christ I have nearly thrown the towel in a few times, but when push comes to the shove, despite what I may have said, I have stuck with it, and probably always will.

Your spot on Rich, we have had bad luck with injuries, had Poke, Pearce and Downes gone through the season injury free maybe things would be looking very different now, maybe training has played a part in these injuries, however think its no ones fault.

Could we have had cover, in hindsight, yes, great to have the benefit of that, who would have thought we would have lost a keeper and three centre backs? All at the same time.

There is little doubt in my mind; the club is in desperate need of new investment, the club found money to fire fight a bad situation at the end of last season, I said at the time, I fully believed the club could not do it again. I am neither a rosetinter nor darksider, I will always say what I think is right. And right now we do have to stick together , like or not, now is not the time to throw toys out of the pram.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Since you've asked a question, I'll answer it.

I expect eleven professionals to take the field. I expect that professionalism to extend as far as the technical ability to pass to a yellow shirt, tackle an opponent without conceding a foul and playing in a manner which takes advantage of our collective and individual strengths while negating our weaknesses.

From the sidelines, I expect a manager who is able to sign attractive players within our meagre but not insignificant budget, identify our best XI, setup and tactics for any given opposition and able to make changes both before and during a match to rectify mistakes or weaknesses identified by his expert eye.

I expect the coaches to spend every week identifying and correcting individual and collective weakness to improve the level of both fitness and performance week on week until we reach the limits of every man in the squad.

I expect that we should be capable of competing with the likes of York and Hartlepool and Accrington, particularly at home. I accept that we will be bested by Fleetwood and Chesterfield.

I don't believe these expectations are unfair, unrealistic or out of touch with the reality of our place in the division according to budget. Today, we did not come anywhere close to meeting those modest expectations. Accordingly, I am unhappy and have expressed that by my words and actions both at the ground and via social media.

If this is unwarranted and makes me a crap fan, then so be it, I'm not here to win any popularity contests or become a 'superfan'. We were atrocious today and I feel sure that, as a paying customer, I have the right to express that on the Internet.

Is any of that unreasonable?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

not unreasonble at all matt, we are all allowed to voice are opinions.it was crap today but its time for us to stick behind the club.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

No and reasonably put, which for me is the difference. And, I have no doubt you took little pleasure writing it.
TUST number 080
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Lloyder5 wrote:I am absolutely certain this is not the worst Torquay side ever.

That's certainly the best quote of the season....those of us starting to go grey or bald can certainly remember far worse sides!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Richinns wrote:I am tired of looking at posts written by people who just enjoy adding to the pain.

I am embarrassed to see the 'Knill out' post being written.

I have to say a lot of you are an embarrassment to your club. It seems a large percentage of you enjoy the bad times, thrive on the negative and pursue adding to an already difficult position.

Very easy to come out and say you never wanted Knill but a complete and utter bare face lie by most who post on here to claim this.

For me I see a better squad than last year. I also see a lot of bad luck with injuries.

We are ten games in with a new management team and a fairly new squad and we have one of the lowest average attendances in the league therefore likely to have one of the smallest budgets also. What are you realistically expecting????

This seems to count for nothing amongst the to$$ers who enjoy the fact they can post bullsh1t behind the safety of a computer screen.

The hunt for the 'rose-tinters' seems to be a popular sport these days. What a bunch of wasters you are!

I am ashamed of you far more than the hurt of being in a (very early season) relegation scrap.

Try supporting the club for once you bunch of fecking morons.
I'm a big fan, if they are playing/performing well then give praise. If they are not is it unjust to criticise. We are struggling to gel and this is now apparent(injuries in key areas are unlucky). So because someone says we are playing crap(as we are) how does that make them a bad fan. Simple we all pay our good earned money to watch Torquay and this gives us our right to speak out.
Lucy
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I think it is the how the opinion are expressed, rather than the opinion itself.
TUST number 080