Red Cards

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Red Cards

Post by lucy6lucy »

Our downfall this season may to some be lack of goals, but quite simply the teams discipline this season is becoming a big concearn. Far to many red cards have resulted in most of our defeats this season. Having 11 players playing is more important than having a new striker. Its not good enough, and will cost us as it has done. Too say we battled hard today and where unlucky to lose is not acceptable, FFS we had no shots on target, only 4 off target and Bradford had 32 shots on goal. Why has the teams discipline become a joke this season ? :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

not sure if you were at the match ( i was ) . saw the incident and couldnt belive saah got a red card. one thing is for sure saah made no contact with bradfords number 3 as the player was rolling about on the fllor holding his face. looked like the linesmen gave the red card as such , trying to make a name for himself.

this for sure made a difference to game in 2nd half. i thought we didnt play that bad in a way , just things was not going our way. we lack a leader in midfield.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Sorry Lucy that is absolute rubbish, we have had 3 sending offs all season today's straight red which I understand to be dubious. Joe oastlers 2 yellows and Aaron Downes gets a one match ban for a foul against Rochdale, we are hardly Wimbledon are we ?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

If Brian Saah made no contact then we MUST appeal surely.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Supergulls, you're of course forgetting Mansells red against Southend. Add into that the odd suspensions we've had through yellow cards (Oastler today, Howe had one I think) and it does start to concern a bit, considering it's only December.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

supergulls wrote:Sorry Lucy that is absolute rubbish, we have had 3 sending offs all season today's straight red which I understand to be dubious. Joe oastlers 2 yellows and Aaron Downes gets a one match ban for a foul against Rochdale, we are hardly Wimbledon are we ?
Why is this Rubbish? I am merely stating that we have had 4 players sent off(either straight or 2 yellows) this season. That is literally 1 sent off in every 5 games of our matches played so far this season.

Downes sent off
Oastler sent off
Mansell sent off
Saah sent off
Lucy
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

In today's game you are bound to pick up suspensions if these were for violent conduct and foul and abusive language week in week out the I would say there is a discipline problem. Now if you make a tackle and are a second out of time it can result in a red card, it's hardly a disipliniary problem is it. Just a few misjudged tackles and as the game gets quicker and quicker this is bound to happen occasionally.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

I will hold my hands up I did forget mansells red card as well, but I still stick by what I said above.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Club F Y R P
Fleetwood 228 43 2 4
Gillingham 228 26 5 4
Southend 228 22 3 2
Bradford City 228 20 2 2
Rochdale 226 28 2 4
Northampton 224 34 4 1
Wycombe 224 34 2 2
Aldershot 218 29 3 3
Burton 212 28 2 3
Barnet 210 26 2 4
Bristol Rovers 205 40 6 1
Torquay 205 26 2 2
Cheltenham 204 35 1 1
Morecambe 204 32 2 2
Rotherham 201 31 2 1
Wimbledon 201 27 3 2
Chesterfield 200 32 1 1
Oxford United 198 29 1 2
Plymouth 191 39 1 4
Port Vale 188 31 2 3
Exeter City 183 26 0 2
York City 183 20 0 3
Dagenham 174 24 2 1
Accrington 167 25 1 4
F = Fouls Commited
Y = Yellow Cards
R = Red Cards
P = Penalties Conceded

I'm not sure if this includes today but it clearly shows we are average when it comes to bad discipline.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

That says we have 2 red cards, but we have had 4 sent off this season
Lucy
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

This table may have not been updated to include today but joe oastlers counts as 2 yellows.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Of course it is important to keep 11 players on the park, however its football, miss-timed challenges, red mist, mistakes, frustration etc, etc.

The two red cards at home no complaints on either Downes last man fouls the Dale player, and Mansell was two footed no control bourne out of frustration, didn't see Oastler's sending off.

Just watched the video over and over again of the saah sending off, how many times do you hear an ex-player/manager pundit or referee say time and time again you throw an arm out your asking to be sent off, you just can't do it and regardless of whether you make contact or the other player makes a complete meal of it or not, you throw an arm like saah has clearly done your going off.

It looks like Saah has been fouled twice and in the heat of the moment red mist call it what you like has gone to shove the bradford player and given the lad all the oportunity in the world to go down like he has been shot and the ref to pull the red card out..Saah keeps his hands to himself he stays on the park.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Agreed. From what I saw on the FLS that was never going to be anything other than a red card. Whether or not the Bradford player made the most of the elbow contact or Saah was reacting to the other player stepping on his foot, he was being far too aggressive and reckless in waving his arms around, even before the incident. His sending off probably took away all hope of us getting anything out of the game. He should learn his lesson and watch his behaviour in future.

I hate cheating, but if he had fallen down clutching his foot in agony after being stepped on, instead of behaving in the way he did, he would not have been sent off...