Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Chris Robertson not offered a new deal at Swindon Town . . .

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48206871
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Swatcat wrote: 18 May 2019, 12:21 Chris Robertson not offered a new deal at Swindon Town . . .

At 32 years of age does he really want the hustle & bustle of Conference football ? Or mores to the point is he up to it ?
We know the way GJ likes to set up & play, fast flowing quick football, are 30 something yr olds what were looking for ?
I get we need experience but I don't want to go back to the days of the team bus turning up at Hartlepool on a cold Feb Tuesday night & the players just going through the motions, been there done that, I don't want to see it any more.
I've had my tufc mojo well & truly reinvigorated by GJ & co, don't ruin it for me now please.
In GJ we trust coyy
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Teigngull wrote: 18 May 2019, 14:57 At 32 years of age does he really want the hustle & bustle of Conference football ? Or mores to the point is he up to it ?
We know the way GJ likes to set up & play, fast flowing quick football, are 30 something yr olds what were looking for ?
I get we need experience but I don't want to go back to the days of the team bus turning up at Hartlepool on a cold Feb Tuesday night & the players just going through the motions, been there done that, I don't want to see it any more.
I've had my tufc mojo well & truly reinvigorated by GJ & co, don't ruin it for me now please.
In GJ we trust coyy
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf
This is the ex-Gull thread, he didn't say anywhere about signing him! :-/ :rofl:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Thanks madgull, I apologise profusely.
But please, we can do better.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Swatcat wrote: 18 May 2019, 12:21 Chris Robertson not offered a new deal at Swindon Town . . .

Always thought Robertson was a far better defender than Ellis during his time at the club - both were around the same time but it was always Ellis that was seen as the prospect. He was great in the air, no nonsense and with few mistakes - centre back but was not uncomfortable at left back.

Has only made around 50 first team appearances in the last 4 years so probably not one to look at though.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

I saw Robertson in a League game at Swindon Town and wouldn't put him on my Gulls wish list either. IMO he played really well when with the Gulls but time has moved on. Good luck to him - will he get a move ? May not be easy . . .
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Gavin Tomlin is playing for Cray Valley Paper Mills in the F A Vase final at Wembley. He scored the opening goal against Chertsey Town and the score after 55 mins. is 1-1.
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Griff1n »

Nicky Wroe has joined Curzon Ashton.

http://nonleaguedaily.com/ex-preston-mi ... on-ashton/
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Griff1n »

Chris Zebroski has been released by Eastleigh.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17638 ... -zebroski/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Played well when he came on as a sub in play off semi. Still a good player.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

brucie wrote: 20 May 2019, 10:35 Played well when he came on as a sub in play off semi. Still a good player.
Off field history does not help his cause.
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Griff1n »

Alex Lawless is leaving Leyton Orient.

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2019/ ... s-departs/
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Striker Paul Mcallum has announced he is leaving Eastleigh "to get some tap ins elsewhere "
He scored 27 for Eastleigh this last season but hasn't yet announced where he'll be plying his trade in the upcoming campaign.
I don't seem to recall him playing for us in the past, but he was apparently here for a month back in 2013/14 on loan from West Ham & netted 3 times in 6 appearances before a back injury scuppered his spell with us.
Could we see him pitching up here again ? At only 25 he still has age on his side, plus it seems he knows where the net is in the NLP.
Local-Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Benefield

Post by Local-Gull »

Danny Racchi to Grantham Town of the Northern Premier League Premier Division
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

Dan Lavercombe released by Wigan... Should of stayed with us... Could be a decent back up to Mcdonald next season... Although I would prefer a much more experienced keeper to push our no1.

Grass isn't always greener on the other side...