Last seasons away followings - Impressive!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
mcgull1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodny Jack Jack Jack

Last seasons away followings - Impressive!!

Post by mcgull1 »

Last few seasons away followings as a percentage of home support.....interesting reading for the travelling gulls... :clap:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/static ... 951,00.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Surely that can't be right, Sheffield United had 1.5 times more away fans than they did at home?!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Great away support as we would all have expected but 3rd highest! Shame we don't get some sort of financial recognition for this
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

cambgull wrote:Surely that can't be right, Sheffield United had 1.5 times more away fans than they did at home?!

That figure on the far right is probably the increase from 2010/2011 to 2011/2012 (for Sheff Utd it was 5.1% in 10/11 but 13.2 in 11/12)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Probably more a poor reflection on our home attendances really!!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

cambgull wrote:Surely that can't be right, Sheffield United had 1.5 times more away fans than they did at home?!
I read it as a 157% increase in comparison to season before NOT compared to home crowd
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

exilegull wrote:Probably more a poor reflection on our home attendances really!!
also we had reduced capacity so the average attendance was probably brought down by that.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Interesting that Bury/Rochdale take 1st/2nd spot and are located so near to most away matches. And yet Torquay 3rd and Carlisle 4th are Geographically are away from most. Just goes to show we have great fans and support. Wonder how many we take to Fleetwood? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Lucy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I do also think we have a lot of northern / midlands based exiles and fans like myself who aren't exiles but just support the club for whatever reason. Take Rotherham away last season for our night game, there were only a hundred of us there but quite a few who lived nearby. With us doing so well on the pitch also the last few seasons this has led to more away fans from Devon making trips they otherwise wouldn't. As for Fleetwood, i'll be there and i can't wait.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

I was all impressed and trying to work out what had changed last season to make so many more go to away games but I think happytorq's hit the nail on the head that it's in fact down to reduced capacity at home, so it's probably the same number going away but fewer at home, thus a higher percentage than before. Probably back to 8-9% next year, but hopefully with a full Bristow's Bench too.
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Very confusing stats. Here's a much better one http://www.football-league.co.uk/static ... 950,00.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The average away following for a L2 club was 421 per game. You averaged 432 which is decent considering your location and considerably more than the season before when you average 248.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Now that is quite impressive - by away fan numbers we're second bottom of league 2! But now I really do wonder what caused such an increase last year?
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Mates of mine who support other clubs laugh at me when I say Torquay has one of the best away followings! Some fans on here may get the same, but the stats shown just emphisises the fact that I'm right! The Yellow Army away is truly brilliant and long may that continue next season, starting with a long trip to fleetwood!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.