any news on lil danny??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

At the start of the season my view was Danny Stevens was not up to playing league 2 football, I now have no problem admitting I got that wrong big style, not missed a home match, and been to a couple away, and I have to say Danny Stevens has been fantastic for us .

and a lot of credit has to go to Danny, for the fact that most of us view his injury as a real blow, he has won over a lot of the fan's.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Pretty much what i was trying to say forever. Not that he has now become an amazing player, he is just a footballer who was shit but has got a lot better and has helped us this season to the point where i now think he is a league 2 footballer. Simple as. I'm not being harsh on Danny, that is how i see it.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Sorry Andy, don't mean to get at you all, just a slight difference in opinions which is all good and healthy.

I just think its fair that as much as we have berated him in seasons gone by for poor performances, and for whatever reasons concerning them, we should be equally as praiseworthy for how he has done this season. Whether you still rate him or not, i think is irrelevant, he has clearly been a massive plus for us this season, and as such will be a big miss in the run in, just how much remains to be seen. Maybe I just have lower standards than you ;-)

Its exactly the same as me not particularly rating Chris Robertson so highly for a number of seasons, but ending up sad to see him go due to the outstanding 10 or so performances he put in this season before he moved on. Just a game of opinions, but in my opinion Danny has been vital to much of our good work this term-in fact i would say the 4-5-1 is built with him and O'Kane in mind.

I will be at Rotherham on the 13th, Would like to be able to put a face to a name, I imagine its quite an experience watching a game with you ;-)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Haha ben, no worries mate. I can be a bit irrational and erratic at times but i like to think i'm honest and fair and everything to me is black or white so i suppose some could call me simple. (I've got a degree though! :-D ). I'm going to Rotherham with a Sheff Wednesday supporting mate but if you see someone with both arms tattooed up to the nines in Austrian related pictures / logos and German writing and yelling in a Yorkshire accent then you'll know you,ve got the right man! :nod: I reckon the night air in Sheffield will be a tad cold for me to be wearing short sleeves next tuesday night but i do when the weather is nice. The only time i've gone short sleeved is when we won at Burton last season and it was a scorcher of a day. I didn't like to go short sleeved before as i actually was concerned that other Gulls would look at my tattoos and think i was a bit odd - why no TUFC tattoo on show perhaps? But since then i've thought f**k it. Don't worry about other folk and i now wear t-shirts or a replica shirt if i want. Still Ben if i ever do bump into you you can be sure of a friendly welcome. :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Ben, just look out for a guy with pink ribbons in his hair and wearing high heels, he'll also probably ask you for a date :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by bengull »

But at Cheltenham you told me Scott was going to ask me out for a date?? Wow, to be popular!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Threesome it is then, lucky you ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Southampton Gull wrote:Ben, just look out for a guy with pink ribbons in his hair and wearing high heels, he'll also probably ask you for a date :)
:red:

I meant 'friendly welcome' as in, 'eyup me ol' china, ahyu awreight? Does tha want a beer cos am gooin t'bar'. :na:

Ignore Dave, he's just jealous. :lol:
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by bengull »

Trust me, its VERY hard to ignore Dave.

And a beer would be lovely.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'm from Yorkshire Ben so get yer own beer! :lol:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i thought there might have been an update today on the OS, he mustve had some scans or x-rays done by now?

did he travel home with the squad on saturday evening or was he kept up there overnight?
still keeping the faith
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I should imagine it would depend on the swelling, it is difficult to get an acurate picture if there is to much swelling, lack of news might suggest his ankle is not broken maybe, which might be a bit wierd for me to say, however as many of us know, a clean broken bone can sometimes heal quicker.

Think we are all hoping for some good news for the lad, a real shame if he is out for the rest of season, been playing so well has little Danny.

P.S where is the match thread Bix, got to keep your run going :)
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

the swelling wont affect the release of news of what the xray says, i'm a nurse and worked in orthopaedics for several years, so i understand that swelling will delay any operation needed but it wont stop an xray or a scan being done. that surely wouldve been done as soon as he got to hospital on saturday night, someone must know. hopefully the no news is good news mantra will apply here??
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

forevertufc wrote: P.S where is the match thread Bix, got to keep your run going :)
i'm choosing my games carefully thanks mate, i just dont have the "vibe" about tomorrow night, i may do one for the gas game tho??!! watch this space!
still keeping the faith
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well Bix looks like your post was spot on.. :clap:

Injury not as bad as first feared...http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Injur ... 04,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Good news indeed for the lad, and to think it was confirmed as a broken ankle, official on the Torquayfc facebook thingy yesterday :rofl: