any news on lil danny??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

any news on lil danny??

Post by bixieupnorth »

has anyone heard any updates on the damage to his ankle yet??
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

ouch, it looks bad for him, possible broken ankle? lets hope for better news later

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Injur ... 63,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

I'm sure I've read somewhere that they think he may have broken it!! Surely that'll be him though for the rest of the season now??
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Official site reporting it to be a bad one, no official timescale given yet but if the rumour of him missing the rest of the season is true then it would be a massive setback, Danny has been outstanding this season, a really potent attacking outlet for us. Lingy has turned him into a confident and consistent attacking threat and he will be a huge miss in whatever amount of games he is set to miss.

It looked innocuous at the time, he fell awkwardly through no collision with an opposition player, it looked to be solely because of the state of the pitch. He knew straight away that it was serious and looked in a fair bit of pain. Best wishes to Danny and here's to a speedy recovery, lucky we have Damien Davey at the club who I am sure will get him back as soon as is possible.

Question is how do we cover his absense? With Nathan Craig finally making it onto the bench yesterday, is this a sign that the manager believes he is ready for the first team? Do we stick with what we have got and change our tried and trusted formation now that we have signed Jarvis to play up top too? Or does Martin Ling get his fingers mucky in his pies again to sign a direct replacement to cover Danny's absense?

No need to panic in my opinion, we won the game despite the absense of Danny, and I thought Jarvis made more than a decent fist of playing on the right-hand side, he has a good touch, and when he is up to match-fitness I think he will be a useful addition to the squad. I would be looking to stick with what we have got within the perameters of our 4-3-3 formation- which arguably suited Danny the most out of anyone, and if we do lose a bit of our balance and speed on the break through not having Danny there, look for a short-term loan if needed.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Broken Ankle he will be lucky to be fit for the start of the new season.
Last edited by usagullmichigan on 04 Mar 2012, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

He will be pleased he signed for 2 years
Big setback for the little fellow given the progress he has made this season
His next game could be in League 1! :O
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Yeah it is a shame, he's been a revelation this year. I'd like to think one or two players such as Jarvis/Atieno/Craig could somehow be manipulated to fill the gap but they won't offer the same kind of option Danny has been. Failing that I'm sure Mr Ling will have his fingers in a few pies if need be.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Obviously due to the poor state of the pitch. Danny should sue Crawley for all they've got. Get the PFA lawyers on the case.. In fact the club should sue Crawley..
Last edited by Gullscorer on 04 Mar 2012, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It's a great shame, as he was playing very consistently and chipping in with his fair share of goals. I do think we'll need another loan signing, if only to replace his pace. Jarvis and Morris will be very one dimensional as an attacking unit, especially with Howe off form.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think Bengulls appraisal of him is a tad OTT but he has improved out of all recognition this season compared to previous seasons i've seen him. Obviously i'm not Danny's biggest fan but i hope he can get sorted and get back in the team as soon as possible as he has been great this season and i never ever thought i'd be saying that.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Fail to see how my analysis of him is any more 'OTT' than yours. He is a real threat on the counter attack, his speed of thought and excellent technical ability means we can break with pace, shown most evidently twice against Argyle this season, he has contributed to a good number of goals this season, I happen to think he's been consistently good too, which is more than can be said of others in our team.

Too many fans are quick to mention his performances in 'the Buckle era' which I agree were lacklustre too many times, but I prefer to see this season under Ling in isolation. He has gained much confidence from being backed by a manager who is willing to give him 90 minutes a game instead of being hauled off after 50, he has repaid his faith with consistent performances and a useful tally of goals. I worry that our quick passing play might be disjointed in his absense, Jarvis and Morris, although technically gifted, just don't have the ability to beat a man like Danny can when he is on song.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I'm gutted for the lad, he has been great this year and will definitely be missed. I'd like to see a replacement brought in as we'll now be short of another option on the bench. Assuming Craig is up to the task, then I'd prefer to have one more attacking option to change a game if it needs changing. I don't think Morris is that man, on the bench or the field. (Not that he isn't good enough, he just isn't a game changer.)
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

bengull wrote:Fail to see how my analysis of him is any more 'OTT' than yours. He is a real threat on the counter attack, his speed of thought and excellent technical ability means we can break with pace, shown most evidently twice against Argyle this season, he has contributed to a good number of goals this season, I happen to think he's been consistently good too, which is more than can be said of others in our team.

Too many fans are quick to mention his performances in 'the Buckle era' which I agree were lacklustre too many times, but I prefer to see this season under Ling in isolation. He has gained much confidence from being backed by a manager who is willing to give him 90 minutes a game instead of being hauled off after 50, he has repaid his faith with consistent performances and a useful tally of goals. I worry that our quick passing play might be disjointed in his absense, Jarvis and Morris, although technically gifted, just don't have the ability to beat a man like Danny can when he is on song.

Ben, calm down mate. I'm not having a pop i'm just saying that the picture you painted of Danny was wholly accurate in your opinion but my opinion is slightly different in terms of i don't rate him as highly as you despite his much improved performances this season. Maybe i sounded a bit dismissive of your opinion and apologies if you felt that was the case, i certainly never intended it to be that way.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

One says Danny's been great this season & the other says Danny's been outstanding this Season. By such slim margins are OTT & non OTT judged.

Reach for your dictionaries & draw your own conclusions. :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

My definition of great is based on my opinion of having watched Danny do pretty much piss all for a number of years leading me to believe that he was no good for league football and didn't have the ability to improve. At the start of the season this was opinion of Danny. Now my opinion has changed somewhat due to Dannys performances being pretty consistent and generally very good. Not amazing but in terms of where he was he has had a great season. Outstanding for me is a little excessive.