crawley town v torquay united - 3/3/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

crawley town v torquay united - 3/3/12

Post by bixieupnorth »

right, sod it, its time to lay my record on the line and test it out on one of the two games that we all know we are destined to lose every time we bloody play them!!

its creepy crawley, those two clowns, everyones worst team now that the weasel has been sacked (ha, still sounds good saying it even months down the line!!))

the bookies dont fancy us, most of our fans dont fancy us, but i have a feeling that we're gonna escape with at least a point this weekend!!

bet365 go 4/6 home, 11/4 the draw and a massice 4/1 against the away win!!

they're probably spot on as they almost always are, but crawley are rocking at the moment, and we've got a new striker!!
still keeping the faith
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Can't see anything but a defeat here so a point would be an excellent result. Saw us play at Gillingham last week and if we play like that then we may be in for a drubbing. All I want is for us to get one over over those two clowns.

Will be my third trip to the Broadfield. Interesting to see how their crowd gates have risen over the last few years. Our first year in the conference I think there was 1,800 people there and we took quite a few if I remember. Second year was even less, 1,154 and we took about 250 if I remember.

Horrible little club who are buying their way to success, heres to the day they go bust!!

As for the result, 3-1 Crawley :(
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

This will be my first trip to Crawley, I so hope that we get something out of the game, but I'm not confident. However I'll be there singing and cheering the boys on as usual!

COYY!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

All I can remember abour going to Crawley was that it was alright for parking, but seemed to be in the middle of a housing estate and miles from anywhere. Nice little set-up though, at least you can say that as its not a by-product of their insane overspending.

Not confident at all about this one, we ALWAYS get turned over by Crawley
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Cant see us getting anything here either .Last time we did was our first season in the BSP 3-2 (I think it was) but since then weve lost every encounter. And I cant see that changing as they seem pretty strong at home and will want to bounce back and get back on track after few bad results.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I've done a preview for this game on my blog. Crawley have won the last 5 meetings between the sides, can't see anything other than a 6th win for them :(
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

5 nil hammering from the gulls and Evans to be sacked after the game.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

usagullmichigan wrote:5 nil hammering from the gulls and Evans to be sacked after the game.
It's so nice to have rose tinters!.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Thats what my wife says aswell :~D
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I am not optimistic, but just hoping that we can beat fatty and cheat again. I went to the 3-2 win back in 2007, and even then it was touch and go. We were three nil up I think and were only just hanging on at the end. Crawley are hard to beat, the one thing I will say for fatty and cheat is that they have instilled a real will to win in their players. Trouble is it is a will to win at any cost, accompanied by the most appalling behaviour on the touchline. My heart says we will grab a 1-0 win again, my head is more realistic.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

AlexGulls wrote:Cant see us getting anything here either .Last time we did was our first season in the BSP 3-2 (I think it was) but since then weve lost every encounter. And I cant see that changing as they seem pretty strong at home and will want to bounce back and get back on track after few bad results.

Even then we were 3-0 up at half time and Crawley fought back to 3-2 and realistically should have made it 3-3.

Our only hope is that Crawley without Tubbs will stop them scoring too many, but on our recent form I am not sure where our goals are going to come from. I can see this being 2-0 to Crawley, not based on league tables or anything, but on the fact we are not scoring many at the moment.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Am going and expecting no points.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Having seen Shrewsbury beat Crawley in midweek on the tv I reckon we will be lucky to get nought. Crawley were by far the better team in that game.
Having said that they have gone off the boil somewhat and ended up looking a bit of a shambles in the second half.
Clarke and Akinde were dangerous up front but havn't played alot of football lately and tired in the second half.
They also had a big blonde defender (wassmere or something) who was out on his feet in the second half - in fact their defence looked pretty pedestrian.
You have to hand it to Evans though - he is a briliant manager. 1.8 million for Barnett and Tubbs is incredible.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

I would have been a bit more optimistic about our chances if I had not, like Brucie, watched the televised game midweek. Although Crawley somehow ended up with nothing they were very impressive. Shrewsbury despite their magnificent home record only managed 2 efforts on target in the whole 90 minutes & of course managed to score from them both. Shrewsbury's keeper was also in magnificent form which helped a lot.

If their was a weak link it did indeed appear to be the blonde left back Wassmer. Just our luck therefore to read that Crawley have brought in a Lge 1 left back from Bournemouth on loan who goes straight into the squad to face us.

All we can do is go up there & try our best, but i imagine we'll return empty handed from this one.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:Having seen Shrewsbury beat Crawley in midweek on the tv I reckon we will be lucky to get nought. Crawley were by far the better team in that game.
Having said that they have gone off the boil somewhat and ended up looking a bit of a shambles in the second half.
Clarke and Akinde were dangerous up front but havn't played alot of football lately and tired in the second half.
They also had a big blonde defender (wassmere or something) who was out on his feet in the second half - in fact their defence looked pretty pedestrian.
You have to hand it to Evans though - he is a briliant manager. 1.8 million for Barnett and Tubbs is incredible.
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"