Ray Spear

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Ray Spear

Post by gullno4 »

hasn't been offered a contract for next year, thought he looked promising in the friendlies but good luck to the lad :)
The gulls are going up
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Has just Tweeted that he is no longer needed for next season. I don't know too much about his abilities or lack of but anyone have any thoughts on this? https://x.com/#!/RaySpear9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for those that use Twitter, here is the link.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Does not surprise me, no point in keeping young players at the club who are not going make the grade, good luck to lad anyway.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Seems an odd decision, he was one of the better lads, I thought. Still, no sense in having dead wood lying around. Good luck to the lad, I'm sure he'll do well in the Devon semi-pro leagues, not sure if he'll keep ahold of his inevitable bleach-blonde, spray tan orange, thick as 9 short planks dolly bird though.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I'm pleased that we have such non-judgmental trainee lawyers :-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Always assume I know something you don't.

Matt.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I'd rather not - to assume is to make an ass out of you and me.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Oooh, a cliché, YAY!

On this occasion, it's the right thing to do.

Matt.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Scott Brehaut wrote:I'd rather not - to assume
First rule of surveillance ... never 'assume'. Mind you that was before the days that you could just put your feet up and hack somebody's phone! ;-)
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote:Seems an odd decision, he was one of the better lads, I thought. Still, no sense in having dead wood lying around. Good luck to the lad, I'm sure he'll do well in the Devon semi-pro leagues, not sure if he'll keep ahold of his inevitable bleach-blonde, spray tan orange, thick as 9 short planks dolly bird though.

Matt.
Is this really true? You'd have to be a pretty desperate wannabe WAG to latch on to a guy not in Torquay's first XI.

Still, maybe it's true love.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

I doubt it is true. I think we can all imagine how a teenager must be feeling hoping to make a career out of the game & not having his contract renewed. Even Ray himself describes it as a 'kick in the balls'. I thought our Moderators reference to 'dead wood lying around' was taking things far enough & doubt he'd further feel the need to slag off Ray's actual girlfriend as 'thick as 9 short planks' as well.

The use of 'inevitable' suggests to me more of an 'if you have a girlfriend she's bound to be thick & she'll probably leave you now' prediction.

I'm certainly assuming the original Poster knows something I don't, otherwise I'd struggle to understand the motivation behind making a post of that kind regarding one of our players.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Personally from the 2 or 3 times I'd seen each play, I preferred him to Yeoman. I think this is probably for the best as he doesn't seem to have progressed much as a footballer and probably isn't L2 standard as it stands, but I hope he finds either another club or some sort of profession in which he is happy.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Honestly, you make one throw away joke... 8/

Matt.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Alpine Joe wrote:I doubt it is true. I think we can all imagine how a teenager must be feeling hoping to make a career out of the game & not having his contract renewed. Even Ray himself describes it as a 'kick in the balls'. I thought our Moderators reference to 'dead wood lying around' was taking things far enough & doubt he'd further feel the need to slag off Ray's actual girlfriend as 'thick as 9 short planks' as well.

The use of 'inevitable' suggests to me more of an 'if you have a girlfriend she's bound to be thick & she'll probably leave you now' prediction.

I'm certainly assuming the original Poster knows something I don't, otherwise I'd struggle to understand the motivation behind making a post of that kind regarding one of our players.
It couldn`t possibly be jealousy, could it? =D