Where is our drummer?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Where is our drummer?

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Been to the B2Net tonight to watch Chesterfield v Charlton and both sets of fans had drummers. I was sat with da cockney geezers in the away end and there drummer was going for it and, played correctly and at the right times it really cranked up the atmosphere. Chesterfields' drummer was a bit shite as he only played it at corners and stuff and not at random throughout the game which made me wonder why he'd bothered bringing it in the first place.

What happened to our drummer that used to go to away games 5 or 6 years ago and who was he? Where is he and why don't / can't we have a regular drummer at away games? If it's a case of not being allowed to take drums into stadia then i've got a glockenspiel :ping: . LOVE that word, so unmistakenly Germanic
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Its Awayday Paul, takes his drum when he gets the chance, but more often than not, the Nazis on the gate take it off him, something to do with tiny penis syndrome.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Cheers Matt, is that 'awayday' as in the TUFC fans forum member 'awayday'? Are they one and the same? It's a shame that drums aren't permitted in some grounds by miserable bastards. So long as cemtex isn't concealed then i don't see the harm in letting one in.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

He was at Gillingham and they took the drum of him there. Don't know why. It was almost like they didn't want us to make any noise at all.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

complain to the club? why shouldnt we be allowed a drummer

Oh and the singers at the end doesnt work, please stop
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Can we please stop BANGING on about the damn drum :)
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

It's me :)

I go to more away games than home games (hence the username) but there are clubs who still won't let me take the drum in (Oxford, Gillingham to name just 2). It will be there on Saturday at Crawley, also Barnet, Burton, AFC Dons, Swindon (if they let me take it in this time) and some others that I cannot think of from the top of my head. Hereford and Oxford even though I will be there won't let me take in the drum.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

You're doing a grand job Awayday ..top man :-D
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

Cheers mate, I cannot grumble there are 4 things I like most in life..... football, drumming, eating and sex. Getting 3 out of the 4 in one game is great for me, so I am not going to grumble.
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

I took my didgeridoo to a couple of games a few years ago but only managed to get it through the gates once. Happy to try it again but not sure that I could keep up 90 minutes of didge without keeling over. Not too sure that anyone would want to sit next to 90 minutes of didge blowing either though?

I go to Mugello in Italy every year for Motogp, and on the gates and tickets is a sign that anyone making excessive noise will be ejected. Every year there, I see an Italian that takes a car engine, with exhaust attached and brass funnel on the end of it (like a kind of trumpet) - he starts the engine and just rev's it like mad for most of the main race -a mixture of very loud engine and huge farty noises plus the exhaust smoke. No idea how he gets it in and out each year, but he's always there. Just a thought if anyone wants to try it?
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

Maybe that's it, I can take in my ford mondeo, wind the windows down and put the stereo on loud, that way I don't need a drum I can just record it and play it back on the CD player..... whilst reving the engine.

There are people on here (Matt) who would love to see a proper car as well :)
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Awayday wrote:Cheers mate, I cannot grumble there are 4 things I like most in life..... football, drumming, eating and sex. Getting 3 out of the 4 in one game is great for me, so I am not going to grumble.
whos the lucky lady ???!!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

kingsgull wrote: whos the lucky lady ???!!!
Dave

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

Well it wouldn't be you STIP, Dave said you are not worth the vaz
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

I am not sure that masturbating in the toilets at half time actually counts as sex.

I am now picturing you eating a banger after banging some rhythms out and then banging one out and then banging on about an awayday win.... Banged to rights! :red:
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)